Stats Revamp 1.4 - Light Feedback MKII - The Sequel

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Mar 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperNerdGeekOverkill Dedicated Player

Without the CC effects & with increased vulnerability, HL dps is just no more fun for me. :(
    • Like x 3
  2. VioletSorceress Committed Player

I bet you are another guy that keeps playing Fan >Impact >LB >MG >Ram >Fan till the end of days.
    2 Powers here dont have CC, 3 other do.
    No other DPS power set kept a rotation involving packing high damage ranged+CC abilities.

But for all power sets, pretty much all single target and/or melee abilities have CC. It is pretty fair since spamming at max distance in PvE or PvP comes with little to no risk.
    • Like x 1
  3. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

I guess if all range aoe range powers are like that they want you to run with roles more now??
    just feels a little awkward I guess over time you'd get used to it.
    I don't think there was a lot of cc back before am's but I can't remember but all I know is this power was so fast I don't think it mattered.
    Could always run as a troll in solos though but more of a shock then anything to me was this being changed because it's so different which isn't a bad thing. Who really knows wut they have planned for pvp but I really don't think they did this without some plan how it will eventually go and we don't know what that is. At least I'm hoping.....Would suk though to just leave pvp broken until they wnna get to it and from wut I've seen they haven't cared 10% as much as wut they care for pve. As an example I woulda thought if you had 6 ranged aoe cc abilities they'd at least leave 2 but all well. Trying to be optmistic.

if they said we have an idea already and were taking care of this first then ok but leaving it in the wind doesn't strike well to me. I guess this is a way to make trolling more important? I can't read minds but I wish I could.
  4. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Thanks to this revamp, Light can finally have all melee and ranged combos at one loadout and instead of only Infinite Chaining being dps worthy, we can now mix and match and clip all different constructs almost like in old days.

But instead of acknowledging all the positive changes, some people would rather sit and complain all day long about changing 1 ranged rotation.

Infinite Chaining Fan >Impact >LB >MG >Ram >Fan is now just moderate power cost/damage output option.

For PvP, solos, duos and alert it has always been recommended to melee for best results.
    (Side Note: Flying at and spamming ranged combo from the ceiling is not real "PvP-ing".)

For PvE raids, start getting creative about clipping combinations heavily involving Ram> WhipTrash(once) clipped with something...
    • Like x 2
  5. SuperNerdGeekOverkill Dedicated Player

Listen, and listen carefully.
    I was NOT complaining "all day long", I was expressing a fact, which is, that I as a subjective player feel the fun is gone with these changes.
    And that's it.
    I said it once. ONCE.
    As someone who played HL on test, I posted my feedback here, that's what the devs want from these threads, but don't you dare accuse me of complaining "all day long" again.
    • Like x 1
  6. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

I totally understand i hated using same combo a million times 2 but figured with work we can make it playable anyway u wanted and range shouldn't have to be a no no in certain aspects.

impact prolly showing dazed without using dazed. As much as I want it like before it's alot slower and no jump clipping so that should be takin in account but guess well c.
  7. Brother Allen Loyal Player

That is one interesting possible bug.

I will try it out later today when I get on Test to see if I replicate the same outcome.
    • Like x 2
  8. Karasawa Loyal Player

Disappointing that more people aren't trying to figure out new combo rotations. I miss kaiser :(
    • Like x 1
  9. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

I am, I'm just not posting them here since there's no point because I'm assuming no1 else has trolls like me to even do my rotations.
  10. Dyet Level 30

I'm waiting for live before settling in on any "new" rotation. So far on test I'm looking for combo-ability and the "feel" that we all want. Once we get through with the right "feel" then we will go for maximizing.
  11. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

? You mean clip heavy like before and slightly after jump cancel nerfs?
  12. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

When they're done well come up with rotations on live but until then no sense in wasting your time until the end. Which they're are going thru all the powers again. In all do time unless u want rotations just for the test server.
  13. Dyet Level 30

I honestly haven't tried clip heavy rotations yet such as the K007 combo, but I have been attempting RSF and FFF here and there, not the same but doable at times. Honestly I preferred combos to not cost power, but I'm becoming doubtful that old school clipping will make a comeback. The "feel" I am looking for is "do the combos work" "can they complete the content" "does trolling feel right?" "Can it handle off tank ads" "situational advantages???" Stuff like that, pretty much everything except "how do I maximize dmg" for now.

I was honestly hoping this revamp would bring back weaponless trolling for HL, but that's getting the big RIP so far if combos cost power but don't apply debuffs. If we could get debuffs on combos then weaponless trolling may make a comeback.
  14. GreenNGo Well-Known Player

The changes look like a step in the right direction, now that power consumption is no longer an issue. Still there are a few things I think should be looked at. Like the animations for powers like Entrap, in DPS role they don't CC so you don't get to see an animation, maybe add one in? It just looks lame grasping the air when nothing happens and then suddenly comboing into something else.
  15. SparkmanX Committed Player

Ohhu!, Chill man.
    Do not let this get out of proportion.

Listen, I read all the comments that have been made about the hard light since it started. I'm glad to hear that there are several players like you who are concerned about helping hard light have a good result in this revamp. It is true that there have been a couple of players who have reported their discomfort for the change that you have mentioned and, maybe, the partner was referring to that. Perhaps for that reason he expressed his analysis on the subject starting from the last comment. You have your opinion and he has his, I respect that. Let's not make this a problem.

In the end, we all seek the same purpose: Make Hard Light fun again. I hope this inconvenience is not an impediment to continue reporting the observations you have collected in the time you have been testing the changes of this power. Each one of the opinions of the hard light community is important so that the changes are made in time and we do not regret when it out in the live server.

Have fun and make a hard light great again
    • Like x 1
  16. Rubsarb Level 30

Power consumption is DEFINITELY an issue. You might be using the starting gear or something since as your CR increases, the power cost per ability increases exponentially. This is all assuming you are PFTT player.
  17. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Forgot to mention it directly, but ranged HL power costs still need a nerf. Main one's I use:
    -Hand Clap- -Fan- -Grasping Hand- -Ram- -SnapTrap-

Right now I'm forced to use HB to slow down my rotation for a bit in order to use LWS on any rotation I try. If I want to use rifle and try to speed up my numbers, even if I use Chompers for the decreased power cost, I still run low on power.

Average clip speed - Decent damage, barely at/below standard parsing - 33-35k 3 targets
    Above average clip speed - Desired damage - 37-38k 3 targets - power problems on certain rotations
    Perfected clip speed - Promised land - 40-46k 3 targets - can't maintain for 60s even with 2 trolls and a soder

And by promised land, I mean competing with sticky even though it's broken, and elec/atomic/rage's strongest rotations.

Like I have to be flawless to land in the 40s as hl consistently when I spec to be able to parse it for 30-60s meanwhile Atomic can miss combos and still stay in the 40s easy with less power cost than HL.

P.S. - Since the melee nerfs, my ranged rotations are roughly the same dps as melee, so there is currently no point to HL melee combos. My two strongest melee combos barely landed the same as my 2nd strongest rotation when I held back by using HB and they costed more power. Only time my melee dps won consistently by the smallest margin was at single target and I'll just say that the things I had to do in order to get it that way, I wouldn't be able to on live. It wouldn't be viable.

P.S.S. - If you nerf the damage on the ranged combos in order to change their power cost, then you have to do a nerf to rage, elec, atomic, gadgets sticky, and sorc because hl's damage is around theirs right now and if it gets nerfed, then HL range < HL melee = HL range currently <= theirs which means HL melee won't compete with the ranged parses of those powers because of live factors in a raid while melee'ing. Shouldn't have nerfed the damage of the melee combos, just lowered the power cost and broken protocol.

P.S.S.S. - If ranged power costs get lowered and you nerf the damage, I'll just take that as a sign you guys don't actually care about competitive dps'ing in normal raid settings in which case I'll just stop HL feedback and start assuming that I'll be in 3-3-1-1 league runs for the power out that I need to compete.

P.S.S.S.S. - To add on the P.S.S., the damage of HL (excluding melee) is fine and competitive right now* If you go through and nerf the damage, in order to compete with other powers, I have to clip that much more to make up for that damage loss, which causes me to go through even more power, which kinda invalidates the point of being able to lower the power cost in the first place.
    • Like x 1
  18. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

And under the circumstance of that happening, any rotation that doesn't involve clipping falls that much lower behind the pack than they already are because of ability damage being nerfed and weapons not being viable yet.
    • Like x 2
  19. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

I like wut you did there! little too much trump. lmao or too much fake news! make Light great again. hahaha
  20. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

fun, competitive damage, skill-based....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.