The new Whatsapp update

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by SparkmanX, Feb 24, 2017.

1. SparkmanX Committed Player

On the internet there is all sorts of information about the controversial new update of whatssap. The information goes from how to use it, what was the reaction of the customers to the dangers that can bring; However, on none of these pages did I find a single explanation of why devs decided to implement this particular change. There is a kind of silence on the subject and the reasons behind its update. I do not think it's a bad thing, but I'm surprised that devs do not feel compelled to explain why they made this change, let alone knowing that the reaction in social networks for this implementation has been huge.

what do you think? Why do you think these changes were implemented in Whatssap and set aside the classic "Status"?
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

What the Hael is a 'Whatssap' when it's not at home smoking potato corn? o_O
  3. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

I guess someone had the idea to make it a bit more instagram-ish because "that's what kids dig nowadays" (probably how it was pitched) and they were ver very mistaken, I heard they will take it back with the next update.

Would have been a not-so-bad idea if the new feature was an optional to the profile picture, but the way it was made leaves much to be desired.