Stats Revamp 1.4 - Rage Feedback

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Moja, Feb 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Besides the fact you wrote all that without a second on the test your giving input which is cancerous, On top of that nothing you said makes any sense and hurt to read.
    • Like x 2
  2. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

Truthfully I don't know where to start. Relentless Anger no longer heals 100% of heal while reflecting a portion of damage back to my enemy based on my damage dealt. If they were going to turn Severe Punishment into the main heal power that is now also only 75% heals back. They should of brought what the old relentless anger could do to it as well. Meaning the reflection damage of damage dealt to enemies.

Outrage no longer has the ability to increase its damage if you are below 50% health now or cause stun! They really need to bring that back! NOW! And the power cost is God awful!

Dreadful blast is still a joke imo. Power cost is not worth the current damage it does. Yet it's still a combo power.

Don't know why lacerate is still in the powers option if they said they were trying to get rid of powers that do the same thing. Mangle and lacerate are literally the same thing. It's just one last longer with a different animation.

Redirecting Rage is still garbage. Wish they made that shield like Hardlight's Light Barrier power. Reflecting back damage while breaking out of CC.

And as I have tested both rage AND hardlight I am disgusted that STILL in melee damage hardlight out performs rage yet again. How does this keep happening? Rage should be doing the most damage in melee range hands down. We are the only true melee power yet hardlight had tons of range powers yet even it's melee outperforms rage's. And rage only has ONE good range power! So why does a power that has so many more ranged options still out DPS rage in melee? So what do we even have left? Imho, This is going to flop hard. Unless they fix these changes with open minds.

Rage uses TOO MUCH POWER! FIX THESE ISSUES PLEASE!
    I run out of power before I can usually finish a power combo! What's the point then?
    • Like x 2
  3. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

The revamp is about making stats matter.

I suggest that you spec more power if you are having issues with combos.
    • Like x 4
  4. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Does Mepps have to spell it out every time for people?
    If you have not tested do not make comments on the thread.
    • Like x 2
  5. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Lashing out on Moja ain't gonna fix anything.

I'm not a fan of some of the changes. Namely the combo inputs costing a crap ton of Power. It's almost like the power cost is equivocal to the initial cast which isn't right imo.
    That needs to be like 25 base cost.

I'm not a fan of the almost frantic schizoid type of play style either. Brittney summed it up nicely for tanking.
    I like the Enrage and Scar Tissue mechanics though, very fitting for the lore of the powerset and pretty neat.
    I do not like that there is such a low cap on the damage healing. It needs to be 75% if you want rage to be the battle tank you imagine it to be.
    It's currently 35-40% and it's not going well unless you have a bomb *** healer.. even then it gets very rocky.
    The health mechanic seems to not be hitting 130% of your dominance either.

Other than that,
    Remorseless Recovery is pretty much required now which I don't mind.
    Ire is pretty weak with its healing.. could this be looked into?
    Without Mercy needs a look as well.
    • Like x 1
  6. Trexlight Devoted Player

i checked the 130% to Dom Health increase and its working. The number for the Counter though to see where Max is Im about to test that now.
    • Like x 2
  7. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

It does not feel like it at all lol.
  8. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Plasma retch still does damage overtime, however the benefit of Jump-cancelling has been removed entirely.

Fear gas used to be arguably the same thing, you needed to jump cancel it: On test, if you jump cancel it you won't recieve the damage overtime.
    • Like x 2
  9. Trexlight Devoted Player

it really doesnt lol but the math is right.
    • Like x 1
  10. Lightws Dedicated Player

I have said this multiple times I will say it again. SPEED DREADFUL BLAST BACK UP! You nerfed it for JCing and fine that's gone now we get it. But there's 0 reason why its still as slow as it is. Pre-nerf version would fit the horrible playstyle you're now currently forcing on rage dps. Also as every else has stated and I have stated before drop some of the useless powers in the pool. Being Channel Hate/Eviscerate/Frenzy(you keep trying to modify it and it never works..... EVER)/Lacerate and make more options for Range and melee that are completely worth using. There's a hole in rage dps and it has been there since JCing was nerfed. Other then that I guess the rest is sub-par as always.
    • Like x 1
  11. Lightws Dedicated Player

rip double post
    • Like x 1
  12. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Thats right so without jump cancel we can flush it in toilet .

I was trying to find optimal range rage loadsout what i did the best is 5 k per sec on single target .
    I have done few duos and with same cr nature triple my score .
    There is not many option for range rage dps .
    There is few things that wish to be changed.
    1st bring back jump cancel
    2nd DB power cost and coldown
    3rd add might buff to ferocity ( i mean 1 tick and coldown 18 sec if its gona be like it is we can flush it in toilet as well )
    4th chanel hate let use be able to move when we use this power
    5th mangle should deal range damage
    6th frenzy should deal range damage like it is on live server

Then maybe we can find some loadsout for range rage dps .
  13. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

1. Not gonna happen, I requested that for Fear Gas when I was giving feedback to gadgets: So If they won't allow jump-cancelling for gadgets, they surely won't allow it for Rage. The best thing they can do for Plasma Retch is allow it to be fully mobile.

2. Agreed: Dreadful blast's cooldown is overkill, either give it a lower cooldown or give us more ranged options.

3. Yeah here's the thing. Take a good look at the other powersets on test: The only have a Weapon Attack Buff. Incase you haven't found it out yet: Might buffs-gone Proc buffs-gone. Buffs don't exist anymore unless you play "Weapons Focused".

4. Agreed.

5. I disagree, Mangle is useless and out-performed by Berserk; just get rid of it or replace it with another power.

6. I agree, but as far as that happening It's very Iffy.
    • Like x 1
  14. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

But this is however about the useless powers in rage and what I hope can be switched in the upcoming revamp for all it's unnecessary powers.

1. Lacerate. To me this is one of the most useless powers in the game. So much so I thought it was there because the dev team ran out of ideas so they throw it in there for laughs. Adds now have so much Dominance that you do no cc with it at all. Let's not even talk about the dps for this power either. It's attack radius is awful and the power isn't a channel power yet you are stuck in an animation of uselessness for about 5 sec and are open for attacks.

2. Frenzy. Yep I said it. This power is also very pointless in rage. It's locked animations like lacerate cause you to be stuck in a continuous lash of melee attacks that have no high risk or reward damage. I wished for a long time this power was removed from rage and something more suitable was placed in its spot instead.

3. Mangle. The supercharge is USELESS! All it is, is a SC version of lacerate! I call it lacerate 2.0. Really DC devs? This is almost unacceptable. Our supercharge options are already non existent. But you really dropped the ball on this one. It's cc is minimal at best but pointless.

4. Channel Hate. Now at first I thought this power had potential to be a great ranged DPS power (cough) but dc for some reason wasn't thinking the way I was. Another useless power now to the batch. Especially since it has no cc or anything to stun, root or knock back targets.

5. Redirecting Rage. Should I even bother saying anything to this?

Ok. So those are my 5 powers that I feel should be taken out of rage and replaced with something else more versatile.

1.For, Mangle why not change that superchage into something like a ranged DPS SC since this is in the anger tree where most damage is done.

The power would be called (Crimson Rain.)
    It allows the user to create a huge ball of plasma energy that raises from underneath the feet of the target stunning them in the process and rooting. Then once the ball reaches its maximum height, it explodes causing heavy burst damage then rains down on surrounding adds or players causing dot ticks of at least 12 ticks. Enemies will also be plasma burned and movement temporarily slowed down in the mist.

2. For lacerate, we could have another ranged power since rage is scarce for them.

The power would be called (Scarlet Javelin.)
    As the name implies, it would be a ranged power that the user constructs a Red javelin and is able to throw the Javelin at far range. The Javelin will be connected to a chain from the user causing the target to be rooted in place. The power will also have a hold Triangle precision option to release two more lances, connecting three chain links. After the links explode it causes minimal burst damage then causes 5 ticks of damage over time. plasma burned enemies would take additional damage.

3. For Frenzy the replacement power would be called (Neglect.)

I was thinking that why not give rage a move like headlights chompers?
    Except ours will just cause plasma burn to be added while implying panic. 1 tick of burst damage when activated then 8 of dot afterwards. It would be a ranged move just like hard light chompers and hit up to 4 targets in range. This would be very helpful.

4. For Channel Hate, the name could stay the same. It's just the power would stun targets and have a version of itself like Light Blast from Hard Light. Enemies with plasma burn would take more damage.

5. Lastly is Redirecting Rage. The power name can also stay the same. It's just that the power would look and work just like hardlight's Light Barrier. It will allow the user to get off the ground while entering it and reflect might damage. As long as it would give us some cc break out like Light Barrier while reflecting decent damage back to the attacker.

So what do you guys think about my idea? Do you also want to see these powers I have mentioned changed after the revamp? Tell me what you think.
    • Like x 3
  15. Nemisor Committed Player

yes, something definitely needs to be done about the complete lack of decent SC's and the useless range options we have.

also crimson rain could be called "raining blood".....because slayer.
    • Like x 1
  16. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Wish I could agree 100x really like the feed back you and some others above me have stated in these past post, we need to stay united to get rid of some of these useless powers I seen one person say they like the animations, smh animations alone don't make a power useful at all, in no way is Mangle useful, Frenzy pretty useless no range and on top of it the enemy can block it... I like the Javelin idea. I am also fully agreeing channel hate needs to go I do like the idea of it being a light blast, p.blast like 35%. Lastly we all have to stick with it and not budge Mangle has to go the best I have is Rage like entity pet that comes in and drops a nasty nuke on your targets, that's just what I have that I feel could be unique for us, if someone has better i'm all for it long as them powers are gone for useful ones that fit into bringing this power set up to par.
  17. Trexlight Devoted Player

Spent some time looking at Remorseless Recovery's "Leech" ability. Now per the Notes by Moja:

Leech abilities work like this:
    DPS Role - 25% heal back with increased damage
    Tank Role - 100% heal back with lowered damage

Examples of Leech abilities are Rage Blast, Without Mercy, Rage Bringer and Remorseless Recovery. Basically, we do damage and we get healed back the damage dealt.

A couple of things I'm missing:
    - The Cap % of Dom and Resto isnt explained well so when I look at these numbers Im not sure if its the 25% or the 25% plus the Dom/Resto % Cap.
    - In DPS Role, we gain an extra 10% damage increase but the part where Leech abilities will do extra damage is that just in regards to the damage buff or is there a different multiplier that determines that extra damage?

I noted the Damage and Healing done in a few scenarios in the excel sheet below. I was using Remorseless Recovery and Eviscerating Chain (only the cast ability) on Outdoor Typhon Enemies.
    [IMG]

So this is broken down with my Resto and Dom and showing the Leech (I know I spelled it wrong :p) Amount Healed and the Damage I performed. I also show the Gear I was wearing (no mods or anything and is only the Gear from the Test Box) and the combination.

So the issue here is that Wearing Tank Gear in either DPS or Tank Role is giving you the 100% Leech Heal so its negating the "Role" function. Another issue which corresponds to my issue questions above regarding the 25% heal back from damage and if Dom/Resto % effects the healing from it as well. The math I was looking at is this:

Leech Heal = 25% * Damage
    Leech Heal = 25% * 3046
    Leech Heal = 762

So 25% of damage dealt turns into heal so with the above example I'm suppose to get back 762 but Im actually getting 1652 so my "guess" is that Dom/Resto DOES help this heal and there is a set % that is gets capped to but at this time I have not tried playing around inputting random %s in Dom and Resto to see what they possibly could be to get to the number that is above.

At this phase of testing RR is essential to Rage Tanking but also needs to be useful in DPS Role for those players who choose to use it. This is just the bug I found within it and as usual with my math, it might be wrong but the Role Switching is an actual bug and this same Leech issue affects the other Leech abilities as well. I hope this helps and if anyone has any questions please ask away and also if other players can switch roles to help verify this would be very helpful.
  18. SasquaT Dedicated Player

So let me ask you one thing ok ?
    Where we gona put without mercy ,ragebringer and single pull / taunts ? in soda and trinket spots ?
    2 break block +SP + Rage crash cancel combo + RR thats 5 right ? one spot left you choose
    I mean yea you can survive but other groupe member will die becouse there is no pulls and taunts
    Im done with testing for now .
  19. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I've always Rage tanked with only one breakout ability. I've always had Remorseless Recovery in there since I started Rage tanking. The cooldown is the same as the duration, so on the chance I do miss my cancel the amount of damage I take back is minimal. What I run with is Ragebringer, Remorseless Recovery, Severe Punishment, Without Mercy, Eviscerating Chain and Ire. Personally I've never seen the need to have two breakouts when Rage tanking, but then again we all have different playstyles.
    • Like x 2
  20. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Yea i have try that once and i told myself never again i prefer never rage crash .
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.