Stat clamping and those against it

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Saint Nutella, Feb 24, 2017.

1. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

Nope. Those wanting to have fun will stick around nuking stuff. It's your crowd that is blind kicking everyone wanting to have fun out lol. A lot of players are already quitting this game over other recent issues with it, including myself actually. Stat clamping will make it even worse than it already is for this game. Sure. Let's take the fun out of the game by preventing players from nuking content. Let's just keep it an artificially difficult and boring grind fest. That'll definitely win players over. NOT lol.
  2. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Youre all used to nuking. So i will stop there. I'm done. I have no fun nuking. But be prepared to continue to have more stat clamping thread because it will. It is not normal to me and a lot of people. New players often don't understand why it's like that. It makes a unbalanced game and community.

This game has created 2 sides fighting each other instead of having one solid community.
    • Like x 1
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

You know people automatically foam at the mouth just from reading the words "stat clamping." Doesn't matter if it's optional or not. Folks in these threads have the reading equivalent of selective hearing, and only comprehend what they want to comprehend
    • Like x 2
  4. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I'm disappointed at how accurate this is... :(
    • Like x 1
  5. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

You can disagree with my other post on this thread all you want. Doesn't change the fact that it was 100% factually accurate lol. Anyone who really and truly believes stat clamping will solve the problem of players in end game not knowing their roles really and truly is either foolish or blind lol. Carries and nuking content literally does absolutely NOTHING to stop or prevent players from learning their roles. It's on them to learn their roles. It's on them to find a teacher or someone to guide them. Wiping over and over and over and over and over in content will literally do absolutely NOTHING to teach them anything lol.
  6. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

So where are the facts exactly? We already had a conversation about you stating your opinion and stating a fact. Remember an opinion is subjective. For example "time capsules are awesome!" A fact is *objective* and is true and/or scientificallyproven. For example "one can have a stack of 999 time capsules." In this case we are comparing the quality and quantity of time capsules. Obviously the one with quality is subjective. An opinion is not right or wrong but a valid argument will make your opinion sound more reasonable. 2+2=4, that is a fact. The sun is larger than the earth, that is a fact. See where I'm getting at?

I'm not sure how many times it needs to be repeated but I do *not* think it will magically fix every problem. I believe that it will help some problems in the long run.

You said wiping over and over wouldn't help. I disagree with that. By wiping in FOS 3 back in 2012 (not sure if you were around back then) my and group and I began to understand the mechanics and how to complete without being demolished. Am I saying everyone has to experience content like that, no. Lemme state a fact though, many people learn by doing, not just seeing or hearing. IMO letting new players experience content themselves will help them learn more than stomping through content before they can equip a soder.

Like I said, if you enjoy nuking stuff that's fine. I said *optional* clamping so you can continue to nuke on your own but those who want to enjoy and experience content another way should have the opportunity to do so.
    • Like x 2
  7. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Agreed with you.
    • Like x 2
  8. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

You doubt queue times would be an issue and want "newbies" to queue with clamped first at the same time? You're hilarious lol. When those newbies leave en masse because they're struggling with clamped content, which they MOST DEFINITELY will in fact do, queue times would drop so low that eventually the content won't be run at all.

Easy content right now isn' t because of a result of a lack of clamped stats or a bunch of people nuking content. No. The reason content right now is so easy is because the devs have almost no imagination left as far as mechanics go and can't balance content for **** and literally have to make content either stupid easy or artificially uber hard with no middle ground whatsoever in content difficulty.

And, of course, they have to make 90%, maybe 95%, of the content stupid easy because anytime they make anything uber hard players actually end up quitting the game, ignoring said uber hard content, and they're profit margin takes a noticeable hit lol. It's why everything became stupid easy after DWF. You really believe DWF was a big seller for them? News flash. It wasn't. It didn't sell well for the exact same reason OC didn't sell well. Yet, their pocketbook bounced back considerably with RIT and KCT and the stupid easy content that followed.

The stupid easy content actually sells. They know it. We've seen it. I actually have issues with the stupid easy content now because it's just more of the same old roller coaster routine they have been following every year since OC with more lows than highs and no balanced moderate middle ground in between like content was before the Dox era. But unlike you people, I actually know and 100% fully understand why content is so easy, and it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with unclamped content or players nuking content or players carrying other players through content because players have been carried through content since the back half of 2011, a fact by the way. First time I ran FoS 2 5 years ago, I was carried, and I wasn't the only one who was carried in that run either lol. It has everything to do with the fact that easy content sells more, devs don't have the mechanical imagination they had once upon a time, and devs have failed to really make good, moderate difficulty raids after Dox came along and screwed up everyone's idea of what a truly good challenge is. Now the challenge for the rare uber hard stuff they do is merely with artificial one shots and artificially high health. Yippee. What fun. They simply can't find the middle ground anymore, and I actually blame Dox for that.
    • Like x 1
  9. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

Well, it's normal, liked, and understood by 80 to 90% of just about every single player who play games like this so uh, yeah, you and those like you are really weird lol.
  10. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

I'm not for stat clamping cause I want to get in and on certain raids, 2-4 player missions. Specially if I get in the mood for feats.

If stat clamped is forced It would be the icing on the cake to not play any more. I'm not going to say if stat clamp is a good or bad thing, it just doesn't fit my life style when I want to get things done
  11. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

The community has seen what would happen without stat clamping. Years worth of time (and still counting) to understand what "Life" in DCUO is like without clamping. To me, the stance against stat clamping has run its course.

Bottom Line: In case stat matters does not fix the OP issues I recommend trying stat clamping next. I do not believe Daybreak's DCUO will survive another series of years without finding a resolution. At best it will end up like Champions Online without one.

Note: Too many of the comments I have read suggest that they rather see the game fail then have stat clamping implemented. Even if stat clamping were to become a success for DCUO.

Side Note: The more options you grant players in the Duty Tab the more it will dilute the queues.The queue times may become so long it may not be worth playing the instances.
    • Like x 1
  12. darkscarletx Loyal Player

90% of the players in the whole world aren't playing dcuo... I never called you weird so don't start it.. We're all different people, understand that, alright?
  13. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

Fact is this. Those wanting stat clamping are a small minority. Fact. Stat clamping will do nothing but cause most players to leave. Fact. Stat clamping will do absolutely NOTHING to solve any of the problems that lead to players not knowing their roles in end game. Fact. People learn best when someone or something, say a tuturial, explains to them clearly and concisely. Fact. Wiping over and over and over will only cause a bunch of grief and frustration and will only lead to 7 out of 8 players leaving, giving up, quitting, ignoring said content or what have you causing the content to barely be run at all. Fact lol.

These facts are as plain as day and proven throughout my ENTIRE time playing this game. Back in 2012, the vast majority of players just gave up if they couldn't pass the bridge in FoS 2. Fact. Back in 2012, most players simply glitched the door to beat Brother Eye. Fact. But, also back in 2012 groups were getting Prime done in 15 minutes while still in T2 gear. Fact. You have those elite players able to run Prime in 15 minutes in T2 gear. Then you had most everyone else who simply quit at the bridge in FoS 2 or ignored things like Prime entirely.

Players, most players, aren't really that great and wiping over and over and over again will do NOTHING to make them any better. Fact. That's proven with raids like LW where even if you explain to players to block on the skull they don't. That's proven in BBS for the exact same mechanic. Then in BN when you tell players to get out of the black holes they don't. They wipe over and over and over and over again and learn absolutely NOTHING. That's how most players have been for 5 and a half years, and that's how most will continue to be simply because most players, then and now, simply don't want to learn. Fact. If you or anyone tries to deny any of these facts, just means you guys have been extremely blind to a little thing called reality. So, here's another fact for you. If you try to deny any of the facts I just mentioned above, it is actually factually accurate to call you either blind or foolish lol. Which are you?
    • Like x 3
  14. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Can anyone honestly take angeloflife serious after they post Lol after everything. Dont bother arguing with them, they will just tell you everything they think is right and its all facts and all this other nonsense and they truly believe it. Everyone thinks like them and the few crazy ones who dont according to them are wrong. Sad.
    • Like x 2
  15. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

Yeah, to me the priorities are mixed up. Early levels are for players to learn about game mechanics and how to become effective enough to complete late game content (you illustrated this POV in relation to FFXIV). There not for players that have reached a high level and want to feel powerful.

Note: There likely wouldn't be an "endgame" if there was some condition that prevented the "first" community of players from learning the game mechanics.
  16. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

And most other games like DCUO don't clamp stats. There are a few that have found success by implementing an optional clamping system, like WOW's timewalking. A few others that have managed to balance content well around it like FF14. But most games like DCUO actually don't clamp you, and 90% of the players throughout the world play such games expecting to NOT get clamped. So, again, you're really weird lol.
    • Like x 1
  17. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

You are just so wrong when you say most games do it like dcuo it hurts my soul. You truly believe and think you know this but i guarantee you don't play anything but dcuo and harlequin already called you out on WoW. Nearly every other mmo has some form of sync optional or not and i will literally list all of them if necessary because im so tired of you acting like what you say is true when its blatantly not. Now your calling people names. I dont think anyone in this thread takes your opinion serious. Maybe stop putting lol after everything. Worth a shot. Or just keep throwing your opinions against the wall and call them facts.
    • Like x 2
  18. darkscarletx Loyal Player

People saying the people for stat clamping are a minority, remember this. All the people in the world don't play dcuo. Dcuo is a minority too. But also this forum is a minority. And also maybe a lot left because there are no balance and aren't here in this forum to say why they left. And why players here say the queue time is slow? Because maybe a lot left and not many are coming. Something to think about.
  19. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

Though with FFXIV, the endgame players seem to rely on random matchmaking. They are placed in whatever queue needs to be filled. Players do not to use it but it grants rewards if they choose to. This probably prevents the queues from being slow as well since its widely favored.
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Do what you need to mate