Stat clamping and those against it

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Saint Nutella, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Proxystar #Perception

They always have the same suggestions.
    • Like x 1
  2. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Not true. I've seen plenty that want to *force* stat clamping. This is doing the opposite.
  3. Proxystar #Perception

The threads always start off with the OP's slight twist on existing ideas that have come forth in every thread that has ever been created on this topic.

Trust me when I say every single possible idea surrounding this topic has been heavily discussed, to death, in every thread ever made on this topic.

Despite what you may think and this isn't intended to discredit your idea or thoughts (before someone jumps on me for supposeduly talking down on you) your ideas are not new.

Everyone agrees on some basic level that "optional" stat clamping might be beneficial to the game in some ways, but as have been pointed out numerous times it's wrought with flaws.

increased queue times being a particularly concerning one for example.

The best idea to resolve this in my view wasn't the idea of stat clamping it was simply introducing "event style" clamped instances that rotate on a weekly or bi weekly basis that just sit in the event tab for people to either form or queue in to.

That way the integrity of the game as it currently stands can be preserved and the people that want to experience old instances at level can do that as they rotate.

With it being a seperate event this would also avoid any reduction in queue times throughout the main game. (this wasn't my idea by the way - I'm simply repeating it)
    • Like x 2
  4. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Haha and obviously a lot more and more people bring the subject because it is something people think about and would be interested in. Live with it Proxy.
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Because I can't be bothered repeating the obvious.

• Like x 3
  6. darkscarletx Loyal Player

God i just can't believe what I'm seeing. I mean it's okay those are against it but there could be 2 options to satisfy both sides.

ME, i have fun when stuff are sync(clamp). I run unsync(unclamp) sometimes but very rarely. I would really like it happens. And the subject is brought over and over and over and some say they are tired but live with it, it is something some would like to have fun and not bash on everything.

The teamwork would be better. You guys just live in dcuo so i understand maybe you only know that, but some other mmos did it differently and it can a lot fun for "some" players. But seeing like i said the subject is brought often then it must be of importance for some players and to me as well.
    I will only come back to dcuo only with a sync and unsync. Everything is too messed up for me. Nothing is balanced properly.
    • Like x 1
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

And here's the part where it falls off the cliff.

RIP
    • Like x 1
  8. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Same for me to repeat that dcuo is messed up and not balanced properly.

I will also add that since now you are here, it will be locked because of you because there will be fights again.
    • Like x 1
  9. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I thought my suggestion could cater to both sides. Unfortunately I guess not.
  10. X3n0 Level 30

I did read it i just don't see how optional stat clamp would work, I mean who's really going to do stat clamp stuff besides new players even then most players will probably get frustrated and do the non stat clamp one instead. plus it could slit up the already low population this game has.

That's why I said T1 to T4 should get stat clamp its free for everyone and new players can learn the game.

Btw I think only gear stats should be clamp not the mods, passive stats or buffs from powers.

I'm not for optional or stat clamping I just like to throw other ideas out there.
    • Like x 1
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Assuming those opposed to stat clamping don't play other MMO's that incorporate stat clamping is horrible flawed, never make assumptions.

btw.

<------ Final Fantasy is over that way, or maybe that way --------->
    • Like x 2
  12. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Dcuo can't be helped.... They are all blind of something, too used to play this way and everyone wanting to have fun is getting kicked out. Very fun game and community... I'm out to ffxiv. ^^ Woot woot.
  13. Proxystar #Perception

You can't just accuse people of being "blind" because we choose to make an informed choice to oppose your opinion.

Please, say Hi to everyone in FFxiv for me.
    • Like x 2
  14. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Oh i play ffxiv. You are again with your copy cat argument but ffxiv and dcuo will never be alike. BUT it can help each other right? Why are you so blind about how the game is messed up and unbalanced? You don't see how the community is and you want to keep it that way? Why this game should stay in this state because you are used to it and others have no words to say? It's a game that makes me feel very unwelcoming and a lot feel that way too and it is okay to you? The subject is brought up and will continute on and on because it is not normal for a lot of people. Again live with it Proxy.
  15. darkscarletx Loyal Player

I wasn't talking to you. Thank you.

Btw i blocked you so i won't seeing anymore what you say.
  16. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

This thread wasn't meant to separate both sides like this it was meant to reach a common ground that could satisfy both sides.
  17. darkscarletx Loyal Player

I know how i feel, i wish it could too... But some are a lot against it that they just want to bring the subject down.
    • Like x 2
  18. lukelucky Devoted Player

Que times I doubt would be an issue. Rewards pending u could lure vets back alto upping the Que times.

Respecting the integrity of the game newbies Que with clamped first. If u wanna over power it fine I mean everyone gets to have an opinion but 8 man contents designed for teams. U wanna buck the system u go to the back of the line

That's not because I support this but again due to the integrity of the game.

As far as bumbling bs reasons I don't believe that to be true. SM is constantly adjusted just fine. The entire cake was tetunned so a second go of its doable. Lord knows they wasted way more hours "fixing" loot and drop rates

Lastly I know within the next month or so I myself will again be asking and lobbying for this again. Why? Its long over due and for my hundred plus a year I want to experience the game and enjoy the game

Being as blunt as I can end game is an absolute joke. Full of the easiest content dcuo ever produced and ran by a bunch of non communicating players oblivious to basics. Its hard to stomach when u know,what dcuo was and requesting to try and retool the game to its most popular stage is the best idea I've seen

Sorry this is just another subject just like best gear in vendors and again it is being pitched as optional so if u font like it avoid it.
    • Like x 1
  19. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

So you're for a forced stat clamping of T1 to T4? Congratulations, you just caused the vast majority of players to leave. Either that or you just caused queue times of T1 to T4 content to drop so low that no one bothers running them anymore because most players will stop running them if they're clamped. You really think players are going to continue to run stuff if they're clamped? My, you people really are blind.
    • Like x 1
  20. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I disagreed with your other post on this thread but I agree with most of this one. Forced stat clamping really isn't the answer and my OP was meant to prevent that.