Feat Descriptions are Annoyingly Long

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by The Steel Speedster, Feb 23, 2017.

1. The Steel Speedster New Player

I'm just wondering who here thinks the scrolling of the feat description is too bothersome? Call me impatient, but I would rather like to have all the text there so I can read it. I have the attention span of a squirrel so whenever I'm waiting to read the whole thing I forget what I just read and have to read it again a second time which makes me go through the process of waiting for the whole scrolling cycle to finish. Sorry just wanted to rant..
    • Like x 7
  2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Meh the whole UI needs a overhaul(that includes the clutttersome feat section) But it's just one of those things that people would love to see happen, but it won't.
    • Like x 4
  3. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I agree it is annoying. I think that they should give us the option to speed it up like maybe holding down on something or double clicking or whatever.
    • Like x 3
  4. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

Say what? I dozed off...
    • Like x 2
  5. Atrocuis_ Well-Known Player

Same would be happy if I can speed the lettering and really be able to read it carefully
    • Like x 1
  6. bmce84 Loyal Player

And sometimes checking those multi part feats bugs the whole UI and you have to exit and enter again, which means for episodes scrolling down to the main tab, then go to the specific episode and going over the feat again....just to have it bug half way through.
    • Like x 1
  7. bmce84 Loyal Player

You should be able to put the specific feat you are looking for in a separate window to check it's progress if any and see it's details. Like how you can highlight missions but for feats.
  8. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Agreed.

I've recorded a few snooze-fest "new feats" videos, which take longer than me showing off an entire 8 piece style, because of how slow the text is.

I'd like to see them display part of the description, then when you press X, the full description and any objectives are immediately displayed.

Not sure how likely updates to the UI are, but it'd be nice if they could improve the feat menu. In GU68, they've slightly modified the loot picker window with new graphics and now the item's rarity decides which colour the text uses. Looks nice. So maybe UI updates aren't out of the question.
    • Like x 3
  9. Arathian Level 30

This request has been brought up a myriad of times during Office Hours on the official Discord.

So I guess its safe to say they are very aware of the issue. Based off of the past, "It's not our first priority", "We have discussed this" etc.

Since the large-scale UI overhaul was scrapped a few years back, I'd give it two or so years. Unfortunately.
    • Like x 1
  10. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

I totally agree with you...but like...you can't be serious, right? I probably do more drugs than you and have no memory or attention problems like that. You should literally go see a doctor lol.
  11. FiressDraygen Well-Known Player

They just need to implement something like holding down a button to scroll left and right quicker than normal. (Hotfix) Keep everything else the same. Just a simple right analog flick with a controller to scroll fast.
  12. Atrocuis_ Well-Known Player

Oh okay but I'm a ps player I'm not sure if I can do that lol
  13. light FX Steadfast Player

Ive posted about this^ so many times in the past. How some are way too long and some are misleading and some arent clear at all on what players need to do to accomplish the feat. Feat descriptions should be very clear, very easy to understand, and short and to the point. Simple. Problem solved.
  14. bmce84 Loyal Player

It could just be a new tab on the Journal specific for feats you are following more closely.