Stat clamping, Tutorials need implamented instead of devolving the game

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by lukelucky, Feb 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BumblingB I got better.

It was intended to limit what you can do physically such as amenities and such. It's why we only have 6 nodes they wanted you not to stay there and to buy more lair deeds. Same was even more so for league halls. They didn't want to have people ignore the hqs. They restricted them too much in that regard.

But the problems of interactions and development that you are trying to compare are limitations that are not on other games. PS3 really restricts what the devs can do. The other restriction is content designed to use the housing. Such as lair PvP. We don't get more unique maps because if a player has a lair that isn't the standard map he is excluded from queuing. The last problem is license related. As some games let player created content. DC won't allow that.

Again it is best not to compare them when the other games don't have restrictions. It's not even apples to oranges at that point but apples to bananas. Both are fruit but you can't make banana juice.
    • Like x 3
  2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Stop derailing the thread. You're intitally turning into a FF vs DCUO comparison thread when it's not meant like that.
    That's the problem with MMO's, they start becoming one and the same after a while.

"FF and WOW has stat-clamping so should DCUO"
    "This MMO has x stuff that DCUO doesn't so DCUO should have it!"

It's DC universe online, Not Copy-cat universe online.

You keep saying DCUO poorly implements stuff, I strongly disagree; FF has an entire Company backing it up and developing updates.

While I would like to see DCUO improve stuff like Bases and other stuff, they also have a small development team so you're basically comparing Apples to Oranges here.
    • Like x 2
  3. the solowing Steadfast Player

If exibit A can do XYZ on PS3 (and im not talking about licensing), why is exibit B is excused from doing something similar to XYZ due "ps3 limitations" when Exibit A is also doing it on PS3?
  4. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Proxy really? No one is forcing you to run rhe event for free keys. You and i wenton that giant thread refusing TCs and here you admit you spent money on them and run the event. It doesn't matter how little you spent. You have to be the biggest hypocrite ive seen on these forums and have lost alot of respect for you. And dont sit here and belittle people who have payed and played this game it doesn't matter how much they spent or if they are still playing or not. Their opinion is just as valid as anyone's and theres obviously a reason they quit which would make thier feedback even more valuable. You are so stuck on dcuo not being another game you dont realize that taking inspiration from orher successful games can Sometimes be a positive but your so anti anything that doesn't have dcuo written on it. So one track minded its insane.
    • Like x 3
  5. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

It is amazing as always the clamping discussion always comes back ...
    I will no longer be wasting my time on this, I think the best thing to do is this:
    Is that what you want?
    Do you really think that this is what will make people learn their roles?
    Well ...
    So be it!
    I'm already in the final content!
    I already have all the feats of the old contents!
    I will not have to suffer in any of them again!
    I can continue with my game normally!
    Now when the new players start giving up, and when we do not have more players in the game, and especially when these "new players" do not have anyone to play with, because the veterans will not play with them ... and will no longer have a population of Enough players on the server ...
    Do not come crying that the game is dying, that something has to be done, etc. etc.
    As I said .. From now on I will be an egoist ...
    This way I do not stress anymore ...
    You want this clamping? Let it come!o_O
  6. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

For 1 thing, Exhibit A actually quit supporting the PS3 a while ago so it doesn't really care much for it while Exhibit B still is supporting PS3 so has to still work within the constraints lol.
  7. the solowing Steadfast Player

You know what else is similar to DCUO? When SWOTR launched it was a success however there was a lack of endgame content thus creating a issue with player retention...
    "We believe that the apparent decline in subscribers is most likely due to a lack of 'end-game' content for the title, meaning that players who hit the level cap have few compelling options in terms of ongoing game play," he noted. "While the game got off to a good start, the relatively light amount of end-game content does appear to be taking a toll."

Sounds familiar...ive read the same issues that plagued DCUO when it launched....

"Another aspect of end game content is the PvE that just about all of us
    require. Even after you've dipped your toes in every instance available,
    you still need to have a place in which to go to continue player progression.
    This is where DCUO lacks a bit. As a new game on the market, DCUO doesn't
    have the end game variety that any veteran game with a couple of expansion under
    its belt will have."

Why SWTOR went F2P It went f2p because the subscriber base was not healthy (or atleast not in the amount they needed to recoup their massive expenses)

Why DCUO went F2PAccording to IGN, DC Universe Online is dropping subscription charges next month. The article quotes SOE executive producer Lorin Jameson as saying, “this was our preferred business model from day one”. Well, it’s taken seven months to implement that day one plan but it’s finally here. It does make sense. While SOE are claiming that a drop in subscriptions is not behind this move, anyone who has visited Gotham City lately can tell you it’s a bit of a ghost town

Warlords of Draenor, World of Warcraft’s fifth expansion pack, was met with buzz and approval of fans and critics alike when it released in November 2014. I was one of those critics, laying effusive praise (and an extremely high score to match) at the expansion’s feet in my review.
    It wasn’t just player and critical feedback, either. That love for the expansion showed in subscriber numbers, which crested over 10 million once more for the first time in years.
    But then something happened. I stopped playing three or four months after Warlords of Draenor released. And I was far from alone. In the summer of 2015,World of Warcraft’s subscriber numbers hit, dropping from over 10 million atWarlords of Draenor’s launch to under 6 million in a mere nine months.
    Every World of Warcraft expansion prior to Warlords of Draenor boasted either three or four content patches. Warlords settled for a mere two.
    It gets worse. Those two content patches forWarlords of Draenorwere some of the most anemic and disappointing in the game’s history.

There is a trend that is apparent here from DCUO, to WoW, to SWTOR

History is just merely repeating itself, thus drawing from the experience of others within the same genre you can improve or destroy something
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Not to get off the subject (which has already deviated much)...this is a nice surprise to hear about the whole revamp (which I have not heard about yet). I was going to post a thread asking for something like this because it reminds me of the old leveling days which is what I missed most about leveling up a new toon (and the only thing i've really liked in Neverwinter). :D
  9. the solowing Steadfast Player

Exhibit A is "still" supported until June so whats Exhibit Bs excuse currently?
  10. the solowing Steadfast Player

I do apologize for derailing, got caught up. I do however believe in a better tutorial as well as a stat clamp for a few more marks (optional, you can run it unsynced without the extra marks)
    • Like x 1
  11. Proxystar #Perception

I'm not here to get your respect I couldn't care less what you think of me.

The reality is who isn't running the free stabilizer event if you say you're not I'm going to call you liar.

I've never hidden the fact that I've bought the odd stabilizer and mostly when I've done so it's because it's the 100 left after buying replays.

Providing negative feedback about stabilizers does not make me a hypocrit it makes me an informed complainant because I know exactly what the problems are first hand and I'm providing that feedback.

As I've also said you can participate in a system through compulsion whilst not agreeing with all the aspects.

I've pointed this out time and time again by your logic the moment you dislike one portion of dcuo you should unsub and leave.

That is preposterous.

Solowing goes from thread to thread not providing truly constructive about dcuo just slating it and telling everyone that it should do this like ff and that like ff.

It's got ridiculous and so I'm hitting him up about it.

Like I said yes he's entitled to an opinion but when he's not playing not paying not supporting they should give a **** about it why exactly? Its clear that when he's slightly unhappy he rips all support.

Whereas I dislike many aspects of this game but still support it. So whose truly supporting me through my feedback and financial support our him when he just tears everything apart and compares to ff every day while not even actually stepping foot in dcuo?
  12. darkscarletx Loyal Player

You said in your post you don't want to suffer but in a video game you shouldn't suffer, you should have fun in every moment you play.
  13. darkscarletx Loyal Player

The name of unsync and sync is so normal to me. lol I'm so glad we have that in ffxiv.
  14. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Dang, i never seen so much anger in a forum community. I would like to know why it is always like this, while i play other mmos and everyone are more friendly than here. It's just depressing to be in this forum...
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The issue is that today's players are nothing like the players of yesteryear. People back then used to great each other on chat or emote, nowadays even a player begging for a carry in LFG can barely be bothered to type out a simple "ty" or to do a bow or thumbs up emote. That's not to say all of them are like that...cause I helped two different individuals the past two days...both shouting essentially for a carry through Flash Museum Burglary (man, early T7 is a hot mess to slog through if you're fairly new to the game :eek:). The player on Tuesday said thanks the moment we walked in, and when we finished he said thanks once again. He actually seemed grateful. Wednesday's player said nothing when we go it in (no biggie to me), but when it was all done, I couldn't even finish my thumbs up emote before I noticed he left the instance as quietly as he had entered.

Then you have the players who not only don't know what they're doing, but can't be bothered to acknowledge you in order for you to pass on some tips. Like this Dual Pistol Ice Tank (who didn't actually tank, and had more DPS gear than tank) in a recent Phantom Zone run I did to help out a friend. I used my Light toon because 1) even at high cr you won't obliterate things as fast as Ice/Munitions/Mental/Pet Powers and 2) because of the styles available for my recently leveled toon (thanks to the cr100 skip I took my light mule and after 5 years of playing, FINALLY learned how to do combos...Hurray).

After a very rough 1st and second boss fight that we barely got through, we go in to the last room. After 2 wipes he decides to go DPS, and after we wipe a 3rd time I ask in group chat if he has a DPS loadout...cause in the entire fight I didn't get the sense he was using ANY powers let alone the AM. I was going to give him a quick set up that would have worked well enough to get us through. He did not respond to any group messages. My friend and I both sent him a tell, and that too got no response. Finally the Rage DPS that knew what they were doing (but was level appropriate) offered to switch to a healer (even though I offered to do the same at the same time...and he/she disappeared before I could make that switch). I decided to switch to a stronger, less interruptable DPS (Ice) so we could just get this over with. At the end when we finished this, the guy who couldn't be bothered to respond to us wrote something in chat. I was so pissed off that he was capable but unwilling to respond that I can't remember what he wrote.

The point of this (my apologies if you took the time to read that) long diatribe...these are the kind of players we have today...and they make easy instances a pain in the ar$e...unclamped. If you go back to older content which offered a bit more challenge with today's players, that'll REALLY be an incredibly un-fun pain in the rear.
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Notwithstanding the point most mmo communities are like this... You think I'm angry that's cute.
  17. darkscarletx Loyal Player

And i see the way you talk with people. No i never seen anything like it anywhere. and YES i play ffxiv. They are a solid community more than this dcuo community who swear at each other. Disgusting...

"You think I'm angry, that's cute." Why so much in defensive? And you're gonna reply to me to have the last words to say that you are right and I'm wrong. But i'm not here for that. Maybe calm down a bit?

And Seriously, i don't see you want dcuo to improve with all you said. They are not talking about copy cat... Dcuo is about dc, ffxiv and about ff world.. they talking about suggestion and help... Geez...
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I agree with most of what you've said throughout this thread and this particular post, but...I have to tell you that you're wrong about the reason for the Mass Exodus when OC dropped. That happened because by the second month there were players that had geared up with drops from Nexus and the vendor, and had started to get real good with Dox...to the point of attempting and completing Epic Odyssey. Doing EO was the only way to get the most IL88 drops. But to the surprise and horror of many, no matter how many times people completed EO it became impossible to finish the Traces In Times gear set...because there were several pieces missing from the loot table. Mepps admitted to this mistake in the forums, and while there was an apology, there was no compensation for the time and replays wasted chasing after something that wasn't even there. That pissed off a lot people. And so they left.

Then there were the players being excluded from both raids for not being as well geared as others...because some people didn't want to bore themselves to death only running the iconic solos and the two alerts to buy vendor gear. When the community at large rejects you for BS reasons, you question whether or not you should stick around...so quite a few headed for the exit.

The whole difficulty thing was a sticking point for a few, but it wasn't the main issue(s) that drove players away. And that was partially alleviated with Sons of Trigon dropping and the eventual nerf.
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You can't REALLY look at that as stealing ideas from others since the person who implemented that feature in other games is the same guy bringing that over to here. Just sayin'...;)
  20. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Exactly! I play to have fun! I'm not a masochist! I do not like to suffer!
    Nor do I want "unnecessary challenges"
    I have them all day in my life!
    Stress enough at work and in real life to want more when I'm having fun ..
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.