An Otherworldly Guide to Celestial

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Remander, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Tilz Loyal Player

Celestial does use the might casts and also might use Cursed idol. I would go with the affinity bonus.
    As HL you really could use the red mods.
  2. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

ah ok so as a HL you could go prec in those and not see a dmg loss?
  3. Tilz Loyal Player

I think even as celestial the damage loss is not too big. With HL it actually makes sense, but not game breaking in any way i guess.
  4. Remander Steadfast Player

I'm pretty sure I tested this previously, but I can't find the data. IIRC, modding for affinities is preferable, due to the percentage boost to crit chance and damage, even though it's to the lesser damage contributor--might. I believe the ratio of precision to might damage is much greater for HL than for Celestial, which is why you do better going straight precision with it.
    • Like x 1
  5. Tallion Well-Known Player

I see, and what about HcS vs. ScH? I'm thinking ScH is the stronger one but i like HcS's aesthetics more.
  6. Tilz Loyal Player

ScH is slightly stronger than HcS.
    Compare the base damage values on the first page.
  7. Blood Muffins New Player

Hi, just started my Celestial toon, almost to 30. Don't really feel like reading through 293 pages, was wondering what the go to loadouts/rotations are for dps, full healer, and battle healer. I know it's all going to change when StatsMatter (eventually) happens, but what does everyone use right now?
  8. Remander Steadfast Player

Page 1 actually has most of what you seek. ;)
  9. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Here's some thoughts on things so far.

Celestial will need to be front-loaded in damage and healing.
    It will need to be efficient with combos for dps and healing.
    We may need to be less combo oriented for healing (I don't mind cause it would help in PvP).
    Glyph stacking should return.
    Life Drain needs to be as strong as Asphyxiation Gas.
    Divine Light will need to last it's entire cooldown.
    Wither and cWither need to be almost as strong as each other.
    Blight and cBlight need to be equally as strong.
    Admonish and cAdmonish will need to differ. One of them may need to be fractured.
    cPlague having an overcharge type mechanic to have a multi glyph spawn may bump it up to Plague level.
    Retribution initial cast will need to retain the 180 AoE.
    Smite and Haunt as well.

Healing:
    If hots will continue to scale so badly, then McB CANNOT be removed. Our burst will be heavily reliant on it.
    Renew will be nerfed to 48-59 healing value.
    Admonish will not have a 45m healing range. It's gonna be 25m round bout. I'd actually like it to heal allies.
    Consume Soul (both of them) will probably stay the same.
    I'd like Retribution to heal in healer stance and Wither too.
  10. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Breathing life into this thread again
  11. Remander Steadfast Player

/wave
    • Like x 1
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Our time is coming up here soon. Probably next week if they don't decide to put the Starro event on test yet
  13. DulcesS Well-Known Player

Next week? That's sooner than I was expecting.
    • Like x 1
  14. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

Looks like I won't be on the main server for a while.. Ohhh the excitement!
  15. Derio 15000 Post Club

Most likely they will take down the current stats revamp and review everything and put up the starro event alonside the spring seasonal.

I am just patiently waiting for our turn.
  16. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Either next week or week after. But Derio is right and they'll probably put the Starro event up before celestial, and that'll probably be a few weeks of testing
  17. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

So everyone is aware, Mepps revealed on Discord that Quantum, celestial, and earth are the next three powers going on test. They will most likely be so this week right before the weekend.
    • Like x 1
  18. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I left some info for some testers in discord on finding base healing numbers.
    I cannot test this time around.. man y many things to deal with and it's eating at me everyday..
    I'll leave it in this thread for you guys.
    Don't let celestial be restricted
    • Like x 1
  19. Omega1100 New Player

I just recently switched to celestial and I had a couple of questions for the DPS side. My loadout is 3 buffs, WotPcCS, RcW and the supercharge. I usually start with RcW to get the AM going. If I clip my 3 buffs after RcW then go into WotPcCS, will I still have AM damage after doing RcW then 3 buffs? Also I've read somewhere you can keep the AM up by hitting wrath and moving around so you the AM is still up when your moving to the next group of adds. How exactly do you do this? Do you just use the initial cast of wrath of the presence and then move kinda of like how you can be mobile with atomic using the Geiger blast loadout? One more question, does celestial have a grace period when you get interrupted doing your combos?
  20. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Benediction is what extends your AM since it's considered to be a combo, so yes, your AM is still active after you use RcW and buffs, to answer the first part of your question.

Second part, it doesn't have to just be Wrath, any might cast will keep your AM extended. Wrath just simply has a short cooldown and better to use because it's part of one of the hardest hitting combos in cele. You can only move when you fly, not sure what platform you're on but to do this, clip wrath with X while in the air and simply move along like you normally would, since jumping and flight doesn't interrupt your combos, utilizing them will grant some pretty high mobility. You can also clip wrath with lunge, which will help you reach the next group of adds more quickly.

For the last part, yes, if you get interrupted mid combo, you got 3 seconds to get back up and cast the first part of a combo or you'll lose the AM. It's pretty lenient in my opinion.