Downtime Server Restart - February 16, 2017

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Feb 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warbreed New Player

2. Warbreed New Player

probably spilt a slurpy on the key board.. :eek:
  3. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

well Cica you made my day a new player coming in and admiting that they devs are human beings and didn't know probably because most of them probably just got in from who knows sleep or eating.. i mean their humans well techincally mepps is part human and part robot i think..
    • Like x 1
  4. Corn Child New Player

Oh whine! The game restarts everyday, this is nothing, overall the game runs good and is up. You want to see lag and problems, long on to Planet Side 2! Also, you could be playing on the EU servers, like I am right now instead of whining. :) Oh, and devs, thanks for the free stuff!
  5. scottwjb New Player

Its a restart. They notify us when they have all the facts. The fact that someone lost 2 hours of game time is about them. The Poor me I'm a victim screams in the Forums. Shut up and go for a walk while the system reboots.
  6. Warbreed New Player

And i do understand they are just human.. :)
    • Like x 1
  7. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Everyone the game will be up in 35mins probably so go order a pizza do something watch a tv show or go for a 30 min walk
  8. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

You were likely not even around back when you had to use a CD to play. There were a LOT less login issues. That is, mostly, due to there not being a high volume of update files and hot fix content needing to be loaded.
    I understand perfectly, that more content and data can lead to increase amounts of issues (technical engineering background), however the POINT I'm simply trying to make, is that DC's community managers NEGLECT the player base in communicating. I'm not here to argue with you, nor am I trying, nor will I continue: but my point remains the same. Ongoing issue, since years ago, with continual lack of communication.
    • Like x 2
  9. darkgalahad Level 30

Again, Daybreak ? I understand issues with the system, just communicate better with us. Have a nice day.:)
  10. Warbreed New Player

And your point being.. oh yeah your point was what.. oh yeah we are whining. lol typical 12 year old reactions. got to love them. o_O
  11. Racchus New Player

• Like x 4
  12. Warbreed New Player

here here a actually good idea.. nice job mate.
    • Like x 1
  13. Corn Child New Player

Ahenm I was around when party lines were still used for telephones, TV was black and white, and Nixon was in office in the white house, not a 12 year old reaction. The point, since it passed you by, was don't pet the sweaty things, and don't sweat the petty things.
  14. Minrath Well-Known Player

the flash mask wasnt free..you had to pay for a membership or spend 1500 sc for it.next...but still yeah askin for free stuff is lame, most of us only ask for a game worth playing and able to be played.
    • Like x 2
  15. Dwild50 Well-Known Player

So three hours after the reset they tell me that it will probably be another hour before it's up...probably. That's about half a work day (not counting lunch) I am curious as to what the issue was...never seem to get that particular info. Fortunately I'm retired and can go clean out the cat box or run to the store. Unfortunately my league mates have pretty much all gone to work. Could go read a book...or go kill dragons or milk a cow in Skyrim.

Please understand, it's not the down times per se. Resets and maintenance are expected, even worthy. It's the frequency that begins to annoy, along with the delay in informing us as to how long these repetitive "out of service" periods are going to last.
    • Like x 2
  16. IMighty ManI Active Player

Then the servers shouldn't say they are up and at low population, at least. They dropped the ball this morning on a simple server reset and took hours to tell us. Even I can acknowledge that's crappy, and I usually do defend the service they provide.
  17. Cica New Player

wtf! mepps is superhero and villains frozed him 5 years ago, then made 'mepps the clone', u can see it by no emotions on his juicy face.. then devs got flanked today by hell hounds and unfrosed him leaving devs in ashes. . . Barf! Barf!! post it, they cant wait no more!!! POST THE THREAD! and real mepps posted it with a bit of delay <3 #superheromepps <3
  18. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Still better than Marvel online.. Just saying

*Runs before all the marvel fans tries to attack*
    • Like x 2
  19. scottwjb New Player

Take your pills and exercise the brain. Getting one hour sleep a day is never enough. Oh and call your Mom too.
  20. Minrath Well-Known Player

thats it in a nutshell, especially when you get into a routine that constantly gets broken and then watching changes you dont particularly want anyway creep their way into the game breaking it more.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.