What do you think about removing SP from the game?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Klinkerz, Feb 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the solowing Steadfast Player

If you do not find something fun because it doesn't reward you...than you do not find it fun...its sheer for the reward to you grind for and nothing more
    • Like x 2
  2. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

See this is a MMO where you grind so playing this type of game and expecting NOT to grind is just. . . wow.

Why wouldnt you find it fun after running 500 duo's that achievement that pops all shimmering and s*** it drives you to do more. Or it should.

Thats what makes it fun. The thrill of getting the feats and SP'. If you dont feel that thrill then as I've been saying dont do it. But dont expect things to magically change and ruin other peoples fun either. Theres enough of that already happening in this damn game.
  3. the solowing Steadfast Player

DCUO is a watered down version of a MMO lacking in depth for ease of use. One of the achievements i tried going for before i quit was the loremaster achievement, there was grind....the reward was learning the lore in World of Warcraft through quests..and a little tabard as a reward...had no gameplay bonuses...no stats...just a emblem of pride. I am quite familiar to the grind for mount farming, faction rep farming, lore farming, mark farming.. [IMG]

To me killing 1000 of the same mobs is just pure repetition. During my days of WoW there was a achievement to get the Gurubashi arena trinket...a event that turned into a bloodbath if enough people wanted that achievement. It was engaging and it had fun in mind.
    • Like x 1
  4. Minrath Well-Known Player

all in all sp has been a negative impact to the game.its kept alot of people from playing it or continuing to play it. for all those people who say otherwise look at your league rosters or how long you have to wait on que or spam to get a group together.I myself get sick of forming groups for feat runs only to have some idiot who wants to be carried thru and sits there doing nothing or messes the feat up on purpose thinking its funny, or even better the 'i love to grind' fools who have meltdowns doing simple feats and the ******** who think sp or gear = skill.I have watched and played dcuo since day 1, many characters and seen all the changes and the consistant factors that people leave over is skill and getting tired of the trashed community mouthing off constantly.I have played every mmo there is and ground out crazy things since 96, the rediculous grind has killed more than one mmo, look at swg and grinding out jedi before nge or trying to get the time lost proto drake in wow.nobody has that kind of time except kids whose parents lock them in closets.
  5. judgeday1904 Well-Known Player

Dont blame the game or SP
    Blame the player
  6. Minrath Well-Known Player

oh i dont blame the game at all, im just stating a fact everyone keeps overlooking.you like long wait times be my guest, hold your breath on the way down because thats what kept this game from keeping all those servers it had originally.either way ill get what i want in game,allways have, however it'd be nice to have faster que's again and meet different people instead of playing with the same old tired and crabby crowd every day.
  7. SparklingMayo Well-Known Player

Personally I like the skill points, gives me something to measure progress and aim for. I don't care what others have for SP or gear. I would like to see more feats added and some existing ones extended like those victory token x100 feats.

It can be difficult to get a like mined group together to do a feat, but not impossible. Not sure the player base will ever mature beyond the foul mouthing and purposely sabotaging groups.

I've carried players and been carried through content. When carried I do try to keep up and help out towards the objective. If a very high CR is in lower content and a player isn't participating I assume the high CR player is there on purpose to carry the nonparticipant and just ignore it.

The need vs greed option bugs me. I'd prefer that all loot I see is mine and all loot that you see is yours and the two shall only meet in a trade window. I'd like it if character bound equipment found could be traded while still in the instance and that character bound equipment was changed to account bound.

Well, sorry. This became a bit of a rant. Happy gaming and ignore the aspects you dislike...
    • Like x 1
  8. Minrath Well-Known Player

im of the same frame of mind pretty much.the thing tho that has to be fixed is the community more so than the game itself being changed.perhaps make feats achievable by the individual or something.not quite sure how to fix that so that its a happy medium.The loot is just atrocious, but thats allways been the case.I cant count the times i farmed this or that on my alt just for the style that i never got the first 5 billion times i ran the stuff.A good step forward would be to give us the ability to totally ignore someones whole account on all our alts.Until that happens it's just a vicious circle with the community.
  9. Menelaos Dedicated Player

Too early for an April Fool's joke.

Regards,
    M
    • Like x 1
  10. Napalm Life New Player

So does anyone know what the criteria is for what is considered ONLINE GAMBLING?
    I know that this company's most recent business model has included TIME CAPSULES and STABLIZERS which feels a lot like a
    "Game of chance" I STRONGLY FEEL THAT IF THIS IS GOING TO CONTINUE,THE ODDS OF WINNING ANY ITEM SHOULD BE POSTED
  11. Minrath Well-Known Player

well you know before you buy the tokens that the chances are as low as they can make them, so there you go.
  12. the solowing Steadfast Player

Let me guess you are assuming that by my level of gear?
  13. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

again IF you do not find it fun DO NOT DO IT.
  14. the solowing Steadfast Player

and i dont, the community rails on your for not paying the game as they demand you to
  15. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

eh thats what you get for allowing people to dictate how you play I guess lol

I pay my sub, I play how TF I see fit ;)
  16. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

I have a lot of skill points, is it fun yeah. To a point. It gives you something to do yes. Definitely. Do I grind for them yeah, when I feel like it. Have I enjoyed doing it, yeah for the most part. Do I like the direction its going with feats now coming down to either owning a ridiculous amount of in game cash or spending real life money on a lottery system for skill points. Absolutely not. Do I like the fact that they are preying on the fact people crave skill points and are all of sudden making stats matter. Not one bit. Having said all that do I wish skill points would go away. You betcha. You can take all of them if this is how its going to be from here on out. Ill just keep falling further and further behind because I refuse to spend copious amounts of money on keys based on there ridiculous low drop rate of rare items and I also refuse to play the broker game more than actually playing the game just to keep up. Ive made tons of money in this game in game, used to be fairly easy, less ways now but still is possible but I don't want to spend half of my in game time playing sitting in the broker menu to get skill points rather than actually playing the game.

This game would be much more engaging and much more easily accesible to new players with an expierenced based leveling and progression system. And if you disagree with that then DCUO is the only mmo you've ever played most likely. Think back to how rewarding it felt when you leveled 1 to 30 every time you hit a new level the noise popped and your character made the cool animation and you felt your character getting stronger. Ive been playing other mmos lately and have been much more engaged in them because of their progression system, experience based. Not saying but just saying. If you have a lot of skill points and are content with how everything is and is going, meh, good for you, not for me.

They don't owe me anything, I decided to grind those SP. If they took them away and implemented a more fun rewarding progression system I would much rather take the fun and id get over the fact that I didnt have the skill points anymore. All im saying is if some of these other mmos that are strictly PC ever come to console. They might need to reevaluate how they do progression and would have some steep competition to rise up to. I love dc. I just want it to be better. Im not saying the games would kill it, but sometimes competition is a good thing.
    • Like x 1
  17. the solowing Steadfast Player

Yea...you seem like you dont get these sorta issues, like some of us do. But the reality is this community is extremely toxic and will try to run players out that dont meet their criteria...So why would players stick around if they have to deal with this bs? The fact that you try to justify the hostility...is just wow[IMG][IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  18. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Don't forget the RNG feats. OMG I hate those.
  19. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

you talk about not letting ppl dictate how you play and yet cry about letting ppl doing it to you.

take your own advice you try to give to ppl in the 2nd picture and "look else where"
  20. the solowing Steadfast Player

I guess you couldnt tell, but i did...[IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.