Experimental serums

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by SalamanderMan, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Castrato Well-Known Player

I'd like to see a serums power happen, eventually
  2. Swiftduck Loyal Player

A simple search of keywords on the forums will clearly show lantern healer being the single most asked for in the game.
    • Like x 3
  3. SalamanderMan Well-Known Player

just asking for gadgets with a dog pet :D lmao most of the powersets are same with different animations and names is it that hard to create new powerset or do you think that it wont be worth $6 to buy/$10 to respec ?
    • Like x 1
  4. LIEUTENANT MARVEL Well-Known Player

It's nice to see that I am not the only player who prefers some other improvement over the proposed water power.
    • Like x 1
  5. SalamanderMan Well-Known Player

I loved the idea of serums and i'll fight for it while games still up :)
  6. FearsomeScarecrow Well-Known Player

Honestly if you look at atomic, change aura to green & less plasmic, looks a lot like it was part of Serum like power. Even the ground pounding & the battle tank thing going on seems very Serum-y.

I think that the reason they're going to water is very simple: Power Token Sales
  7. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I don't think serums was going to be what people are thinking, ala Bane. I think it was going to be more like the LoA alchemists, serpent claw, etc.
  8. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

It was going to be a wild card powerset where you could mix and match serums to activate weird abilities as well as your form including size....that sounds so much better than water.
    • Like x 2
  9. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

Or we rid the game of PVP to free up space ;)
    • Like x 2
  10. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

So another earth power.. Ummm
  11. SUPERMANPRiM3 Well-Known Player

i am not saying another earth power
    but we do have
    4 elemental power 5th one on the way (Fire, Ice, Nature, Electricity and Water)
    2 Magic power (sorcery and Celestial)
    3 Lantern power (Fear, Will and Rage)
    so whats the harm if we have another variation of earth. Sand will be nice. Lava will be cool.

or a power like parasite or Atomic Skull where they regenerate power and health by absorbing enemies power and health. could make a wicked troll power.
  12. Gamma Lantern Committed Player

Use your imagination. Exobytes can't give us power rings but we still have them. A gadgets exobyte user could have just had their intelligence and combat skills increased by the exobyte and then built tech (gadgets) for combat scenarios with said increased intelligence....
    • Like x 2
  13. Gamma Lantern Committed Player

Yep pretty much
  14. Gamma Lantern Committed Player

Lol we do NOT have 3 lantern powersets.

We have 2 lantern powersets. Fear and Will are the exact same powerset with minor animation variations for some abilities. All abilities work exactly the same way. DPS and troll wise.

Don't get it twisted.
    • Like x 1
  15. McGhee Well-Known Player

I would love to get serums. I still don't get the objections. "Don't support drug use" That is just stupid. On multiple levels.
  16. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Let's review what we have:

Controller Powers-Mental, Gadgets, Light, Quantum, Munitions
    Healer-Nature, Sorcery, Electric, Celestial
    Tank-Fire, Ice, Earth, Rage, Atomic

Healer is 1 behind the others(both controller and tank have 5) so it's safe to say that the next power is going to be a healer power. Serums won't make a good healer power because of it's brawling possibilities. So, Water will most definitely be the next power. When, who knows because we haven't had a new power in almost 2 years. After that it's anybody's guess.
  17. SalamanderMan Well-Known Player

ikr lmao, gadges, munitions, alien tech like rings are sooooo exobyte related .
    • Like x 1
  18. SalamanderMan Well-Known Player

thats for sure, water is announced already, and on official website its in upcoming ^^ but maybe serums after water ? :p
  19. ParadoxVanguard Well-Known Player

You mean since Water has been announced of course right? If you search on the forums you have to realize the search only goes so far back. A quick google search for DCUO Water powers you can at least see a Water power tree on the forum going back to 2013. Blue Lanterns have been requested at least it was expected it was going to opposite Rage. Water has been requested for years like going back all the way to the 1st rotation of DLC powers. Another Lantern power wasnt even request then. Water was requested so much Devs mentioned it multiple times as not happening.
  20. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Serums would have been cool... when i first saw that keynote... i was super excited... i thought of all the possibilities of what the power set could have been.. when spytle mentioned hour man during a live stream it really made me even more excited even though he doesnt used serums like bane but pills to gain super strength I thought wow finally a power set that could be based off someone from the golden age that would be super fun...

at the time i didnt want this power set to be too flashy i wanted it to be gritty... i wanted most the "powers" to be grapples and punches and kicks..just with "super strong force" behind it.. meaning maybe there is a punch that makes the enemy go flying or maybe there is a grapple that knocks the enemies down or up into the air and fall down infront of you .... i was sorta hoping there wouldnt be any bane type growths involved...

I was also wanting it to be a battle tank like we got with atomic..the more damage we do the more damage we can take...

Im actually kinda happy what we got with atomic though cause before serums was even announced I badly wanted an "kinetic energy" type power set... atomic sort of does that for me....

Now that i love the way atomic ended up .. I kind of hope this power set is more bane like now... i still want it to be gritty I want it to be fighting abilities a mix of kicks and punches and grapples if we can...

As far as what powerset water or hope lantern is more requested water is definitely the most requested power since forever...

Water was requested before we got lantern powers it has been requested since 2011....

Hope and rage were requested once we got the fear and will powers... with the assumption that we would get red for villains blue for heroes... then once we got red for both... the debate then shifted how would we get a blue powerset cause villains cant use the blue powerset..... many of thread have been debated..

I personally fill like we will get the compassion lantern power the indigo tribe as it has had both heroes and villains in it..i dont feel like they will do the love power set ...they may..i just dont think it will happen......

Once water comes out... i feel like the next three powers should be...

Shadow-controller power
    A lantern power - healer
    Serums- Tank.

Howe ever the way the game has gone the last several years...i wouldnt hold your breath....

When was munitions atomic and serums announed summer of 2014?... here we are the beginning of 2017 and we havent even gotten water yet...

I get they have had a lot of set. Backs.. but its a bit ridiculous

This game has been in a constant power updated since 2012 stating with gadgets and mental hopefully this stat revamp will be the end of major power adjustments and reworks...

I get that some powers will always need fixes etc. but its just crazy how bad its been
    • Like x 2