Is the ps3 limiting the games potential?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ereez, Feb 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Ignore - misread the post ^^
    • Like x 2
  2. LanternEX Level 30

Yet the games graphics are only equivalent to a PS2..
    I'd like to know what you're experiencing?
    Smooth frames to match those smooth legs? Lmao
  3. LanternEX Level 30

Completly agreed!
  4. light FX Steadfast Player

Burning smell on new content LOL
  5. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Flouncing about with their pinkies in the air, gasping foppishly at the idea of sharing their rareified air with the exhalations of lowly beasts on consoles as they prance about in the echo chamber of the forums, far removed from the world, and insist on the inferiority of a playerbase whose priorities don't include a 2000 dollar base investment and continuous, obsessive upgrades for a video game system.

Behold : the PC gamer.

Now that the traditional exchange of insults is completed....

It doesn't matter if the PS3 is outdated, the decision to keep it around is monetary. I said it before, so did everyone else who has been paying attention since "literally forever". It's ALWAYS going to be a monetary decision - if any microtransaction can be had for the price of an infrastructure that already exists, then they're not going to change that infrastructure.

The fact that it's a free-to-play, free-to-download game means that 6 million people's younger siblings now have access to the game, and that's just from the most recent holiday season's worth of console sales and the assumption that hand-me-downs are still a thing.

Even if the P3 isn't the top console-end microtransaction or subscription sale driver now, it's going to be a factor until the wheels fall off - of the game. I'm pretty sure the P3 is going to outlive DCUO, because you can still play other things on the P3 and meanwhile, DCUO is still circling the drain.

Sure, it's not sunk yet, but the continuous "toss the p3" thing gets old - because even if it makes some vague sense from the standpoint of hardware progression, it's been demonstrated, consistently, that it will never happen.

The developers always say "no". It's the conversational equivalent of "I want Blue Lanterns", "I hate feats", and the endless "Forum regular complains about Raid Group underperformance for the 9,000,000th time" (you know who you are).

It's also been consistently demonstrated that when the Developers listen to the playerbase and finally give in to their self-destructive demands, something always ends up permanently broken as a result.

That was verified well over a year ago when they started "balancing" things and made the announcement that they were just going to leave the broken things broken until they "balanced" it. Between the nebulous and relatively lackluster reception of Stats Matter, PVP being utterly dead, no end date announcement on any of the other system improvements, and 5-1-1-1 becoming the officially endorsed Raid mantra... well.

So you might wanna think twice before you demand something "vital" because every time this has happened in the past? The game got worse.
    • Like x 1
  6. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

Uh, literally ALL of those things you claimed came to PC after the merge, with the exception of inflated broker prices, WERE ALREADY ON THE PC SERVERS BEFORE THE MERGE lol.

Scamming - Was literally ALWAYS a huge problem on PC.
    Blatant racism in chat - Again, was literally ALWAYS a huge problem on PC. I've seen the kind of chat on the PC server to prove that.
    So many expletives - Once again, was literally ALWAYS a huge problem on PC lol. Again, I've seen the chat to prove that too.
    Low quality players - This I can't help but laugh at. You do realize that a lot of PC players actually had a PS account too right lol. PC players have all literally ALWAYS been as "low quality" as PS players because, get this, they are ALL literally the same players lol.

As far as your last statement goes. "And dont embarrass yourself by replying. You being on a console is embarrasment enough," is as low quality a player you can get lol. Think the only one who embarrassed himself here is you.
  7. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

Actually, none of it is true. But you can keep laughing all you want. Who am I to stop you lol?
  8. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

Let's not forget that most PVP cheaters came from PC players lol. All those speed hackers and macro users and the like. Yea, PC players are definitely a better quality of players speed hacking and macroing their way to victory right lol?

Take your high horse and shove it. Scamming, expletives, and "low quality" players existed on ALL servers before, during, and after the merge. Anyone who claims different is kidding themselves. Same type of players were on BOTH systems.
  9. Proxystar #Perception

Sounds to me like the truth hit a nerve. Everything he said was true. If you can't see that then I'm "sorry for your perception" lol
    • Like x 2
  10. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

I don't know, but the census was up long before the merge and made quite clear how badly the PC population was getting lol.
  11. Ziman1996 New Player

Wow updates their minimum system requirements every expansion though. If they didn't people would still think they could play the game on windows 98.
    • Like x 2
  12. Proxystar #Perception

Oh l see spoken like a true console player. Lol the old pc speed hack macro argument.

News flash just because you think you're pvper doesn't mean you are and doesn't mean the other player is cheating cause you get rekt.

The reality is a keyboard and mouse is simply mote responsive than a controller ever without cheating and pc players don't need to cheat to destroy console players.

Theres a reason fps games don't go cross play. Because people like you world start creating global floods through your tears and wailing with cheat accusations.

All completely unfounded as well.
    • Like x 1
  13. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

Nope. Nothing he said was true. Well, except for the inflated broker prices anyway. But good try lol. Literally nothing else he said was even remotely true. You see, I actually had a chance to read some of the chat on PC side before the merge, and it wasn't pretty. It was as vile and hateful and racist as a lot of the chat I see on PS side because, surprise, the same type of players who play on the PS are exactly like those players who play on PC. I know. News, huh lol?
  14. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

News flash. I don't actually PVP much. Haven't seriously pvp'd in about 2 to 3 years. But the macroers and speed hackers were easy to spot. And of course they were most prominent on PC servers. Heck, it's been one of the biggest complaints in PVP on the PC side for at least the 5 years I've been playing lol.

Proxy, get a clue before opening your mouth lol. You clearly have none.
  15. Proxystar #Perception

So much lies so much lies pinnochio nose

I played on us pc got nigh on 6 years the chat on us ps is categorically more vulgar disgusting and worse.

I have over 11,000 hours in game to back up my observation and you have what? Just your very limited #perception?
    • Like x 2
  16. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

Nope. I got 5 years of playing the game. Only lies are actually coming from you here and your #perception lol. The US PC was/is just as categorically vulgar and disgusting as the US PS chat was/is. I'm sorry, hun, but that's actually a fact. You can try to deny that fact all you want, but it doesn't make it any less a fact lol.
  17. Proxystar #Perception

Hang on you're accusing pc users of blanket cheating with no evidence except by your own admission a complete lack of experience in pvp? And I'm the one that should get a clue?

If you don't even pvp how ok earth do you believe we should expect you to be able to draw a qualified conclusion between a good fighter and a cheater when you don't even play it.

You're just like any other console player lashing out and calling pc players cheats because we choose to critisize console players with valid and genuine points.
    • Like x 2
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Feel free to tell me how many hours you have on the pc server exactly
    • Like x 1
  19. Ziman1996 New Player

I'd just like to say I've never cheated in a game and have no idea where the "pc players always cheat" **** game from. Is it because cheats are easily accessible to pc gamers?
  20. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

When did I say I had a complete lack of experience in PVP? I didn't say that. I have every single PVP feat in the game thank you. I said I haven't seriously PVP'd in like 2 to 3 years. And that's mainly because of how broken PVP has been. I've seen PVP fights from those on PC server. I've read the complaints from those who played on the PC server for years. Spotting the macroers and speed hackers was an elementary task. Any 6 year old could spot them even lol. It ain't hard and it certainly ain't rocket science.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.