Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

Let me drop this here so the imaginations start running wild:
    - [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  2. veri Active Player

i like very much ! that is great
  3. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Okay, now THAT is some cool armor! It won't be exact, but we might be able to get your character wearing something that looks similar enough to work for you. Give me a bit to research some styles, and I'll get back to you with more specific ideas.

One question first: Do you want this look for a Hero, or a Villain? :confused:
  4. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Okay, initial thoughts...

HEAD: At Character Creation, I'd go with Biohunter, then later on, I'd upgrade to Sector Incendiary, or Avatar Infiltrator, or maybe SCU.

BACK (Wings): If a Hero, I'd use either Hera's Strength or Nth Metal Battlesuit. For a Villain, I'd go with Vengeance of Hecate.

HANDS: I think I'd use Bat Gauntlet or maybe Robotic.

LEGS: I have several options, any one of which should look awesome.
    FEET: I'd use either Alien Tech or Sector Agent. There might be 1 or 2 others that could work well, but those are the ones I'd choose. :)

As for the battle axe, you've stumped me there. We really do need more axe weapon styles. I guess I'd end up looking at the Marketplace Weapon Style Packs to see if any of them have an axe with an appropriate look, 'cuz in the standard One-Handed and Two-Handed styles, I don't see anything that looks right. :confused:

P.S. As for the Chest Style, I'm still pondering that one. So far, I haven't seen anything that could work.
  5. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

A "Robotic Dragon Guy" is not impossible, you just have to put some thought into it. The Robot Skin will help a lot.
  6. SmokeyBear Active Player

can you please bring the Cosmic mats back for us that didnt have the game when you released it!!!!!!!!!!!! :(;):cool::D:eek::oops::p:mad::rolleyes::)
  7. SmokeyBear Active Player

a cape that you can have one color on the front and a different color on the back
  8. Voxcious New Player

One word CLOAKS we don't have any in game and they look cool as hell especially ragged ones here are some examples:[IMG][IMG]
    Here's an example of what it could somewhat look like in game:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  9. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

While we have a Tattered Back Style, which looks like this...

[IMG]

...as well as the Necromancer Back Style, which also looks frayed and worn...

[IMG]

...like all the rest of the capes/cloaks in the game, they do not and will not wrap around in front. It's one of the limitations of the game engine.

In case you haven't noticed yet, the fabric simulations for capes, cloaks, and long coats are pretty rudimentary in this game. There's a lot of clipping. If anything wrapped around in front, as requested, it would look 10 times worse than it does now, because it would be far more noticeable when your characters' arms and legs were "phasing" through the fabric of their cloak. And I'm about 99.99% certain that's what would happen, based on the clipping that can be seen with the capes as they are now.

I'll leave it to any Devs that might visit this thread to give an explanation more lengthy than that, but don't hold your breath waiting for cloaks like that. If they EVER show up in the game, it most likely won't be until several years from now. :(
  10. Apoc2222 New Player

Honestly. id rather you people fix the issues in the game to make it playable again before feeding us more junk content. like..its LITERALY unplayable. the PC download took 3 days..THREE DAYS and it crashed every .3% IF that. i had to download a 3 year old steam version wich only downloads 70% of the game. then when i got it playing the Play button for the character select screen is gone...these issues are YEARS old. you people have to actually WANT to kill the game for it to be this bad. and thats not even mentioning how bad it is once you finally manage to get it playing. i dont think i have ever seen such a huge name like DC treated so horribly.....and i sat through Batman V Superman AND saw teen titans go.....so whats that tell ya?
  11. TalonVII New Player

[IMG]
    I'd like to see something like this.
    • Like x 2
  12. Rebel230 Well-Known Player

Cyborg Superman
    Cable
    More accurate lantern styles especially the auras
  13. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

You can definitely make a very good facsimile in DCUO, you just have to put together the right styles. If you gave us a full body shot of the entire costume, properly lit, it would be easier to recommend specific styles.
  14. TalonVII New Player

Best shot I can find of that particular style of armor.
  15. Red Jenni Loyal Player

I want a rainbow colored afro.
  16. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

Classic Archer......
    we have a hundred hooded archers running around but I really miss the Hat!
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  17. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Here are some ideas for new skin and material items for the market place. Since we have Cosmic material and skin (vanguard of the heavens), it looks like it might be easy to transfer certain styles between the two.

First, make materials for the skins we already have
    Fractal material
    Plaid material

And make skins from two recent materials
    Phoenix skin
    Void skin

Then make skins and materials for each power set
    • Ice, use flash museum: ice poster as a starting point [IMG]
    • Fire, use flash museum: fire poster as a starting point but use more than just one flame [IMG]
    • Earth, a 3D image similar to [IMG]
    • Atomic, I would suggest something similar to the Quark Gluon Aura, but that may be a bit confusing during game play
    • Sorcery, possibly something like this from the Hand of Fate character select screen/raid start points/Sentinels of Magic Citadel[IMG]
    • Nature, [IMG]
    • Electricity, some kind of storm clouds like this[IMG]
    • Celestial, Either one skin/material that represents both the blessed and cursed trees, so depending on the angle you are looking at it looks blessed or cursed or a mix. Or one for each like with the weapon pack. Possibly all three, so if someone only wants the blessed side, they could have that, but if someone wants the mixed version they could have that too.
    • Water, the skin is currently available during the summer seasonal. Make it available year round with the launch of the power and create a material to match.
    • Mental, make a skin/material out of the phantasm form from mass hysteria [IMG]
    • Gadgets, [IMG]
    • Hard Light/Rage, My thought here was something along the lines of what you did with the weapon styles, Make one for each Lantern Corps, and it would be something like a 3D image of the Central Power Battery on each Corps home world
    • Quantum, how about something like the texture on the floor and walls here [IMG]
    • Munitions, [IMG]

Some other materials that may be nice to have from skins we have (from in game vendors, so the materials might be nice to be in game as well instead of the marketplace). Some of these may be more challenging to create and make look good though.
    Chrome
    Crystalline
    Demonic
    Glowing
    Lava
    Mummy
    Plant
    Reptile
    • Like x 1
  18. tioalbert Well-Known Player

esto que dices es devido al sistema diferencial de cr, el cual cuando llegue estadisticas renovadas sera eliminado.
    por cierto este tema va en estadisticas renovadas 1.3 no aqui.
    • Like x 1
  19. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Are you at the suggested cr or the minimum cr? Those are two different things in newer content. Bombshell paradox has a minimum of 113 cr but a suggested 123 cr (if I remember correctly). If you aren't at the suggested, you "should" do the halls of power 2 content first, but two 113 players can beat the duo that say "suggested 123cr" if to ask really were above 123cr, then you may have just been having an issue with a game mechanic. By chance, were you stick on the last boss and all other bosses went down without too much difficulty?

As for creating a new thread, you can't do that under developer discussions. Click on one of the main forum groups, like Gotham city, then you should see the option to create a new thread in the top right corner. If not, you will have to log into the game with the same account as the forum account. There are 3 ways to log in to the forums now, and you need to choose the one that matches how you play. Psn and Xbox logins are self-explanatory, but you may not think to use them since the first one just says login (Devs, it may be helpful for this to be changed to indicate that it's the login option for PC players).
  20. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Hello my friends! I have seen this topic and wonder if it is not time to do another topic?
    This is too big!
    And much has been lost!
    I believe that a new, more dry one is already in the moment of being created.
    • Like x 1