Name Reclaim?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ereez, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Ereez Well-Known Player

2. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

Who knows, I mean it doesnt take long to name a character, hell the longest it took me to rename my main on the 3rd renaming of him it only took like 2 - 2.5 minutes (I think)
  3. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

came up with a perfect name for YOU lol

xxxEREEZxxx

give or take a few X's and O's lmao :cool:
    • Like x 1
  4. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Na, but the asking price was outta line in the first place :D
  5. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

You and Wade are both somewhat correct.

The name reclaim in 2015 was a general name clean up and only in secret did they add the cross platform name connection, to which was not revealed until it was in the patch notes. This was considered a big fail that a few of us (me included) saw coming a universe away. So few wanted names became available and those that did got swept up by greedy black market types.

What happened last year wasn't really a reclaim but a final notice duplicate elimination for the launch of cross play.
  6. Menelaos Dedicated Player

This was a pain in the **** last time...I hope we don't have another one anytime soon.

Regards,
    M
  7. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I only wish we could get ridd of all those nameholders that sits in the lower tiers and Never plays their characters..I Realy Hate those kind of things.
    • Like x 4
  8. Drathmor Unwavering Player

Nope cant relate to the issue you're talking about. i have never in 6 years taken longer than a few mins finding a name as name are Infinite and simply takes thinking creatively.. so no we don't need a name reclaim as we already had one and i didn't even feel we needed that one. and just as a side note I have 19 toons and they all have original names without silly characters or symbols or any of the nonsense people use to get a obvious name like flame for a fire toon. use some thought and come up with a name instead of asking for others to give up what's theirs for your convenience..
    • Like x 2
  9. Ereez Well-Known Player

hahaa
  10. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Name reclaims shouldn't happen unless you actively play on that character.
    Sorry, but too many players in game aren't using those names Unless they want to sell them for in-game cash.
    • Like x 1
  11. Ereez Well-Known Player

it's not that I want people to give up their names for my convenience man I just think with all the inactive characters the names could be freed, there's gotta be a lot of people who don't play anymore.
  12. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

2 spaces should have been a thing since day one.

My main's name is 3 words (or should be), but I had to run it all together as one separated by caps, because one space made even less sense than none
    • Like x 2
  13. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

I also think they need to look at / lighten up on names that areblocked or "invalid"....I found a name that I wanted for a water toon (HYDROSPHERE) and checked to make sure is wasn't taken, but when I actually tried to make it, it was "invalid" :confused:

I don't see any combination of letters in there that are dirty/profane, and I don't think and DC characters have a name similar to that, so why is it invalid?

I also noticed that some common words will make a name invalid like wizard. I imagine it's because there is a DC character w/ that in his name, but in that case the combo of Weather Wizard should be blocked but not the individual words
  14. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

hydro is considered a slang for marijuana.
    • Like x 1
  15. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Who not play currently. They may never come back, they may come back once DCUO fixes the things that drove them away. The other two name reclaims Daybreak could go "we merged servers doubles needed to go, we warned everyone very far in advance, you must have missed it" towards complaining returning players. Another name reclaim without any reason but cleaning up? Basically killing some more incentive for those players to return.

Besides, and that's somehow not getting into the heads of players repeatedly asking for those reclaims, those level 1 Brainiac ship sitting name squatters may very well (and often really do) sit on paid accounts of active players who just reserved the name for "later" or try to make a buck with it. Those names did not free up with the reclaims in the past and will not in the future. And since the "squatters" are paying for the service, Daybreak has no means to take those names away. There is no "if you make a bank toon on your extra character slots, do not pick a cool name for the bank toon so other players will not have to think to hard to get a name for their main toon" in the ToS either.

Top of that: players coming to the forums asking for changes ALWAYS ask for their own convenience, no matter which lie they to sell instead. It's how capitalism works.
  16. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

They do not work consistently on their filters. I guess one of the guys feeding the filters is working "properly" and the other guy works sloppy. You cannot name your toon "Green Arrow" or "Red Arrow", but you can use the "Arrow" part to make other toon names, like "Flaming Arrow" etc. Now, consistently, you'd expect the filter to block "Black Canary" and "White Canary". However, the guy who was ordered to take care of this just entered "Canary" to the filter, so no birds of that kind in DCUO (unless you don't use blanks).
  17. gemii Dedicated Player

get more creative :D
  18. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

He did this because he had a vision of the show "Arrow" and realized what a poor mess they would do to that character.... they wanted to keep the damage control to a minimum.

That's why no one can use the word Canary with their name.
    • Like x 1
  19. light FX Steadfast Player

Try doing things like using an i as an L. Look at my sig. Snowball is actually snowbaii. Cover Girl is actually cover giri. Half breed is really haif breed. Justin credible is really justin credibie. Looking at the names ingame u cant see the difference tho. I hate having em spelled that way but the originals were taken and i really liked the names. Timecop is spelled correctly and i got that with the last name reclaim. Even Infidel is really Infidei. I play 6 toons on the reg and all only the main has the correct spelling.

Im sitting on some names tho too. Like water bottle for when water comes out and i have walter white, made that one when serums was announced. I also had livid for a rage toon that i ended up freeing up. I had like 4 other names i got during the reclaim that i eventually freed up and even announced on the forums i was freeing them up. I also have bug spray for a nature toon still. Just recently got that one. In the past i would make a list of names. Go through and try em all. And go with the 1 that was available and i liked the best. Really isnt anything else u can really do.

Or try combining words. My villain name is fearrorize. Hes HL on the villain side and i took fear and terrorize and combined em. U could always try name generators too which ive done in the past but i found that most of em suck but ya never know. One could spit out a name u really like.
    • Like x 1
  20. light FX Steadfast Player

Besides it being slang like someone said it could also be invalid because one of the powers in the water powerset has the same or very similar name.