Flashback Duo Bug

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Gamer_Liko, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Gamer_Liko Well-Known Player

Tried to run flashback, but the tunnel wouldn't open the exit.
  2. Carbon Based Unit Well-Known Player

Did you kill everything? If a mob gets stuck in the wall, it bugs the exit.
  3. Gamer_Liko Well-Known Player

yes we even tried multiple tries and nothing.
  4. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

you probably went in overgeared and crossed through the wave where the speedforce tunnel collapses. Normally you'd die, but when overgeared you will break it instead.
  5. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

They had a fix out a while ago. But the bandaid doesn't quite heal the bug now does it? Your best bet is to kill each group as it spawns, walk slowly, and don't turn back.
  6. Red Jenni Loyal Player

I have a different guess, because it used to happen to me (been a while since I ran it). The iconic in the tunnel didn't spawn right away, so you waited for it, maybe ran back to the other side to check, killed the iconic when it spawned, but then the tunnel wouldn't open?
  7. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

When you get into the tunnel, if you pay attention, it will show a screen of horizontal bars, and say something to the point of the speed tunnel is unstable and to position yourself relative to the instability, and it will give you on-screen instructions that both teammates must be there. If you pass that point with the horizontal lines, before both partners are there and the lines disappear, you may get stuck. It gives you instructions verbally, visually, and textually.

[IMG]
  8. Telnano Active Player

Some of my leaguemates hv done this duo today b4 downtime on EUPS, all fine there.
  9. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

This speed force tunnel is more of a hidden mechanic to some. When both go in, proceed forward to first group and ko them. Then walk forward and do same with next group. It's not a matter of burn but a matter of time in there. So just go slowly and all will be fine.
  10. Gamer_Liko Well-Known Player

we both were in there.
  11. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

This isn't something new, but something that has been problematic since launch. There are event flags tied to being in x position in the tunnel and defeating particular waves of enemies. Even if you're at-level, but manage to speed to the back of the room, it will glitch.

There are flags that will trigger a group of enemies to spawn simply by being at a further point in the tunnel, and triggering any of those flags without first clearing out the earlier waves 'kill x enemy group' flags will halt the progression, as the game doesn't compensate for the order in which the event flags are triggered. Do them in an unintended reverse order, and it breaks the expected chain and it won't resolve itself, even if you run back and start defeating earlier mobs.

In a nutshell, the event flags need to be redone.

* Step one would require an enemy kill count to appear as the primary objective.
    * When both players start the event, it triggers group 1 to spawn in the hallway.
    * When the kill count amounts to the total enemy count of group 1's defeated enemies, wave 2 spawns. This prevents later waves from spawning with any remaining units from prior waves still present. You repeat this for every wave.
    * When the kill count completes, only then will the exit appear at the back of the room.
    * The speed force wall of death needs to a spruced up visual so folks will definitely be able to see it coming for them. Remove the transparency effect that allows us to see the speedster on the treadmill and replace it with more of a wall of electrified energy.
    * Touching the wall must trigger instant death. No dot damage ticks that won't impact over-geared players.
  12. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

That's not the only requirement. Both people have to be in the tunnel, and wait near the Cosmic Treadmill until the lines to disappear before advancing.

I believe once upon a time it would one-shot people who crossed those lines, and then the instance wouldn't break. At first, I thought it might be an issue that it wasn't doing enough damage to players (maybe the damage amounts hadn't been adjusted or the differential was giving us too much defense or somesuch), but testing it, it does no damage whatsoever to you when cross the lines.

If you go ahead and put a note in the issue comments that it's still happening, then I'll reopen it and confirm it on the grounds that it breaks the instance, rather than one-shotting, and that the lines don't disappear as soon as the second player spawns:
    DC-1498 Flashback Duo Paradox Wave tunnel bugged