Gorgon slayer drop rate unacceptable

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Morsy808, Jan 24, 2017.

1. lukelucky Devoted Player

Missing the hands and of no surprise to me the chest. If swear my account is allergic to chest pieces as drops
  2. MaverickRaven657 Well-Known Player

Since AF3 dropped, I have used about 13 to 14 thousand replay badges in the content. I'm still missing Gorgon hands. I thought for SURE I was gonna get it during that 50% more coins weekend cause I went mad on that grind... still nothing.

Mind you, I'm still running all the other stuff daily trying to get them (slim chance in hell to get anywhere even more so in a duo or alert). Nothing. That's a REAL issue. An issue in the main game. The TC stuff is something I have to step away from content to get angry with. It's far more important to fix these drop rates before the TC's lol. Those can be ignored for a while, at least until right before the next set drops.
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Hi All,

I'm sorry about your perception regarding the drop rates of Gorgon Slayer.

I would like you to know, it is certainly as low as it appears :D
    • Like x 7
  4. light FX Steadfast Player

I have 5 toons each missing 1 piece of the style. My main missing the head, mental toon missing the feet, ice toon missing the legs, munitions toon missing the chest, and atomic toon missing the hands. Id unlock the style feat for all of them if i could just finish it on 1 of the toons.

This is another topic thats been brought up multiple times now and i havent seen a response from the dev team. The gorgon style should on the rare style vendor.
    • Like x 1
  5. light FX Steadfast Player

Say his name 3 times and he will appear. Hmm well looks like he appeared after saying his name 1 time. So i guess im a liar :p
    • Like x 3
  6. Proxystar #Perception

I'm running ahead of schedule today. ;)
    • Like x 1
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Simple: to keep people playing.

Having to chase a particularly rare item to keep players playing and/or engaged with the game is a tried-and-true tactic in MMOs going way back. Going after a particular item drop in one of SWG's instances taught me that long ago. And from the looks of some of the responses in this thread, it works. ;)
    • Like x 1
  8. bmce84 Loyal Player

Just need 1 piece to be done, sadly the new drop system doesn't really reward you in lower content (oh look another lie), you still get better drops from raids for both blues and purples, with everything else being a green fest, but I've said for a while their plan is to kill off small group and solo content, AF 3 just made that so immensely clear. Really how the claim to have so much people who have worked on other MMO, yet have such low understanding of them.
  9. bmce84 Loyal Player

Don't worry, by Episode 30 when they introduce the backwards crafting system which will let you craft those pieces, you'll have it. Given the system will require you to buy the plan from the vendor for just 500 coins.
    • Like x 1
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I've gotten more of the hard to get purple pieces from the solo and duo than I have from the alert and raids. It's just good ol' RNGesus f*****g with you... :)
  11. bmce84 Loyal Player

no, I just don't know the right people.
    • Like x 1
  12. Kuno Loyal Player

Funny because I only got the back from playing solo, duo on daily basis and alert and raids weekly.
    I'm never going to get that style with that drop rate.
  13. NoPhilosophy Committed Player

I only need two more pieces and I haven't even been running the content religiously. Now I'm sure those two pieces won't ever drop but I'm surprised how much I got playing on one toon.
  14. Ully Committed Player

I've been running AF3 content everyday since it was released and I took advantage of the bonus coins weekend. Like I said, I haven't skipped a single day worth of content and I'm still missing the gorgon waist. Unbelievable. :mad:
  15. RealTegan Dedicated Player

I finally got the helmet in UT today. I'm still missing the back, though. *sigh*
    • Like x 1
  16. Morsy808 Committed Player

SOE wasn't perfect. But at least they didn't have their hands, hat and guitar case out for money grabs each month without giving us what we actually want. Soe actually put stuff on the market place instead of selling virtual lottery tickets to get a one in a million chance to get a collection piece toward something you really want.

And at least I was able to complete styles within content relevancy (before that even existed) without being coerced into buying replay badges for them.

Two months without a purple drop. On 4 toons, playing all content regularly. That is pathetic and an obvious con.
  17. nawanda Loyal Player

If you're saying you've run all the dailies daily and both the raids weekly since AF III launched and haven't received a single purple drop, personally, I don't believe you. Not that it matters what I think, but this is a forum for opinions.
    • Like x 2
  18. |The 3rror Committed Player

i finished mines ^_^ really wasn't hard to get barely reset the content :)
  19. DarkAya Dedicated Player

Strange, I get all 8 pieces on one toon within 2 months, without a single reset (most dropped in raids).
    Funny story, I get the last piece (back - GoM raid 1st or 2nd boss) the day I completed the Fallen God set.
  20. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I finished the style within the first month of the release of AFIII. RNG is RNG. I think the back piece was the last piece I needed, but I cannot remember.
    • Like x 1