Why are there no instance caps?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Scha, Jan 12, 2017.

1. siressarchangel Dedicated Player

I would definitely be okay with the stat clamping on Q up if we had the ability to teleport into the instance alone. Otherwise I'd say optional stat clamping would be better if no teleporter.
    • Like x 1
  2. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

not only that but you get pricks like I had in dcr today a 186/187 gadget DPS, I was on a gadget alt every time I went to kill something he'd 1 shot it. So I basically shadowed him doing nothing rest the alert. He then gets pissy b/c Im not dealing dmg. I tell em 'u come in lower content 1 shotting s*** when ppl go to do something then expect ppl to keep trying? screw u'

sad part is my alt has probably more SP then his 186/187 guy does lol
    • Like x 1
  3. xD25x Dedicated Player

The only problem with that is if high cr players arent queing up for some of this stuff the que just won't pop. If the new 100 cr players have to wait an hour for love and war to pop they aren't gonna stick around for long.
    • Like x 1
  4. VariableFire Loyal Player

An hour? That's generous. Some of the older content just won't pop at all with clamping. You may as well retire T2-T5 at least. I know it wasn't clamping but geez, people forget how badly GU47 screwed with older content to the point they had to partially restore mark rewards to get enough people to run them.
    • Like x 1
  5. Tsigalko Well-Known Player

the OP just play the game for 3 weeks and gave t6 alert as an example. a while back i heal in AoD alert with 3 other dps where none of them are using the proper rotation/AM. but we still finish the alert without any problem. so those content were meant to be easy even for players with very minimum knowledge. i assume he haven't reached 113 cr yet by the time he wrote this. i wonder if he feels the same after trying to do flash duo, DC alert, or UM without high cr players. yes i know the early t7 content messed up their min cr req, but that is just how the game goes now.

the way i see it, up until around episode 20-ish contents, the game is basically a tutorial. the real "end game" starts after that. so just enjoy the carry and prepare to get yelled at xD

don't get me wrong tho, im actually on of the few players that would agree for stats clamping in lower contents. i just think it won't work with the game's state right now, with cr scaling/differential and all. maybe after stats revamp, but not now.
    • Like x 1
  6. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Well games like this are intended to be played with a group thats why we have leagues. People just need to go out and make some friends its not that hard and it will make their gaming experience 100x better.

A lot of other games you just can't Q into stuff you need a group of your own, and some games don't even have a in game chat so your kinda forced to make friends to run content.
  7. Ash Inferno Well-Known Player

Whoa, careful. I suggested that about a year ago, it did not go over well lol. But I agree, 15 or 20cr above content should still be plenty easy, 80 or 90cr above is excessive.
  8. Scha New Player

For anyone wondering/asking. Yes, I still haven't changed my opinion. Although my opinion has vastly broadened in light of everyone's comments.

Still very much in favour of optional capped instances - provided that there are tweaks, loot adjustments and incentive for capping and a penalty for not capping, as well allowing players to start any instance solo. ( seems like a long shot :/ )

I recently made a post titled 'Why is there no cash cap?'. I am sure by now the top 1% of the player base totally despises me.
    The Top 1% of DCUO is not like the top 1% of most other games we talk about. In DCUO I have started to believe the top 1% are the players who have invested several years and/or hundreds maybe even thousands of dollars on the game.
    These are also the players the developers seem to be more focused on now, for somewhat obvious reasons. (Instead of focusing on broadening the player base but more on this some other time).
    Now if this 1% likes to have a 100 billion cash ingame, monopolize the market and they want to face roll all content everyday, who the hell am i to judge what kind of therapeutic value this has for them and my opinion matters very little in comparison when looking at the larger picture.

But then again this is 2017. Should we really be encouraging hoarding and monopoly? Aren't there better ways a game can make the players feel good? Like perhaps having a market in such a manner and gameplay that encourages a certain degree of cooperation and friendliness? Will that not have a similar effect to make the players feel useful and important?

But most systems in place just seem to be creating a further division in the player base....

People, take what they watch on TV and play in games to the real world.
    And this is meant to be a superhero game!

Just me 2c ;)