Just switched to ICE, and DPS is aweful ?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by KEN_Oracle_of_Delphi, Jan 3, 2017.

1. IamINC Dedicated Player

Exactly , Beat me to it dude .......
  2. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I agree on the reflect not being needed. I would either run the robot sidekick or phase phasedodge. I'm not sure if PD still works with ice like it did when I played it. I used to be able to get a rifle tap triage off before WT and before each AG.

I also don't like the golem SC, but I can't deny it's possible the strongest in the game. It buffs your normal powers by ALOT. Sorcery's grand summoning is the only one close to it on bosses.
    • Like x 1
  3. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

You think someone wanting to be the best in a game is a bad thing? The only thing that bothers me are the 3 pages trying to get someone to use one of the easiest dps powers in the game the correct way.
    • Like x 2
  4. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

You can still queue in a weapon tap for many weapons. All Phase Dodge ever did was remove the final animation of the setup (ice bash animation if it's the last), as far as I know. So, I think it's still valid if you're good at cancelling it. If you tap during Arctic Gust, the rifle tap will automatically go off at the end of the animation, so I tap twice to make sure it's registered then mash Arctic Gust.
  5. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Kewl! That's how I played. It helped make ice not so boring integrating clipping into the AM. And yes, PD just cancelled the ice bash quicker so you could get a fast tap triangle into artic gust.
    • Like x 1
  6. Kontakt Active Player

if you were hard light you would switch too.
  7. Swiftduck Loyal Player

My main is hardlight and has been for years. Why would I switch.

Hardlight is beastly.

And it's not broken like ice and mental
    • Like x 2
  8. Delta796th Loyal Player

You obviously haven't played with good HL'ers

^^^This guy has
    • Like x 2
  9. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

Thoughts and prayers for all the poor ice DPS that have to struggle through content. They have a hard lot in life. Too bad you didn't pick an OP DPS power like nature.
    • Like x 2
  10. siressarchangel Dedicated Player

Hahahaha yeah I'd love to have them switch to Nature dps and see how the other half actually lives lol ...I love nature, but man does the dps need some serious love.
  11. SparkmanX Committed Player

Hi,

I would like to take advantage of this report to say that the same thing is happening to me with my ice character. Just with the gift of uploading your character to CR I took the opportunity to upload an old 2012 ice character that I did not use. My idea was to try to learn more about the tank role; However, to do the solos and duos I set it up in the role of dps. I have used all the tips that put youtube videos and even in this forum and I have taken the nasty surprise that the character does not recharge its power after the second cycle. I'm constantly running the duos with the power bar empty.

I lent my character for a day to my brother, who has two ice characters and none of them presents this problem; However, after several tests my brother also failed to identify the reason why my character loses power so fast. I was just thinking about reporting this as a bug or something.

A curious thing is that after using cold snap and IB my character recharges his power bar incredibly fast if he uses melee attacks, which does not make sense; However if I use AG, it recharges its power very slowly. I have tried to adjust the SP and nothing works. In fact, there are times when it is out of combat and simply does not recharge power. :mad: This problem is not presented by any of my other characters. :confused:

Is this a bug or something? :(
  12. SUPERMANPRiM3 Well-Known Player

i think you are not correctly using it. one of my alts is ICE and she is 170cr and 200sp. (sp dont matter at the moment). i had no problem doing the solo duo or alert. raid a few times down during boss fight as i am too cocky.

but if i had to choose between ice and sorcery. I choose sorcery. but i have seen some OP people that decimate the leaderboard in damage with ICE.
  13. unknown221 New Player

If your not 1st or 2nd in damage with ice, u should probably delete the game...js
  14. IceRaider Dedicated Player

Ice has a fast setup so in duos it can put up numbers in raids where adds don't die so quickly other powers tend to be more efficient. One thing about this game is the inability to do something right the 1st time and it stay that way. Either devs are incompetent and should be fired or they do it for the power change tokens and the higher ups like the income and get rewarded for it. I hate to think either but we've been plagued by power unbalance for years and a lot of empty promises to fix.
    • Like x 1
  15. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

sucks not relying on that pet huh :rolleyes:
  16. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

I love my toons to much ..if i make a sorc toon its because i imagined a sorc toon...i may be in the minority now though...players who care about their characters..not saying im a better person player...anything...perfectly understand for many its a min/max numbers game...my teeth grind when i duo with "OGmunitionsOP"...or some other silly character with a silly name...and the first attack they do is bring up their Crystal because they went from muni to earth without blinking an eye...but thats just me. i have 30+ slots yes i have ice dps no my ice dps usually has enough power to keep going...once in a great while if i mistime it no...but my load is probably not the best one to use...i have been playing my atomic and muni guy...id talk to some who played ice well yesterday..literally the day before with the most modern load used with the greatest skill...
  17. gemii Dedicated Player

DPS are cancer i almost wish their was no score board. Who cares who comes in 1st, 2nd, 3rd or whatever the goal is to complete the instance. Theres many things that can factor into how much damage someone does.. Skill points, mods, affinity bonuses, buff sodas, pickups or no pickups. Not everyone is a try hard DPS

i beat a 304 Skill point ice DPs who was 190 and im 188 with 242 SP, at the end of the instance i said nice run goodbye and thats it because its not that serious.