Why are there no instance caps?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Scha, Jan 12, 2017.

1. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

just that they get loot while doing nothing, more then likely like they do in life ;)
  2. Scha New Player

So at first I managed to get a Themyscira 4 man, recommended cr100 instance with a group of cr101 - cr103.
    Playing Rage tank named Enormitus with a buddy playing Munitions troll named Lady Deadpewl. We joined the instance and a dps quickly asked me if i can tank, i did not reply as i knew actions would speak louder than words ;) (having spent a couple of hours watching youtube videos reading a blog guide and discussing with an experienced Rage player and then testing out abilities before joining the dungeon).
    We had a ball of time, and cleared the instance with relative ease.
    Second we got The League Hall invasion 4 man, group of CRs 102-104. This time we did not get very strong dps and at first we wiped on Bartha as we completely missed the lightning under our feet. On the 2nd try the healer (awsome healer) went to the toilet and someone started the fight so we had to wipe and restart the encounter. By the third try we had developed enough synergy to toss the generator back and forth and rolling and taunting the boss into it.
    Got a little CR upgrade but the real reward was the rush of adrenaline, fighting to beat that encounter.
    "Wasn't this more fun than being carried?" I asked the group after we beat her. "Yes" and "Ye", they replied. After which i thanked them very emotionally ;)

TLDR
    A very fun evening playing the game with players putting in some effort, added to that is the fact that most of my concerns were addressed in this post and I was also given advice and help fitting in, is all very much appreciated.
    • Like x 5
  3. Oligonicella Well-Known Player

This could be eliminated very, very simply. Just don't award loot to anyone doing below ##% effort in the instance piece.

And it's not just lower crs that do this. My 189 entered the T8 duo with a 185 who literally walked over to the pillar by the entrance, put the alt's face in the corner and stood. I didn't notice until I cleared a few minions and saw the blue dot way back there and went to look.
  4. the solowing Steadfast Player

These are the mentalities i dont understand lol , people take issue with the game in its current state but will riot if there is a easy solution
  5. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

This game def needs some sort of clamping so that high levels just can't steam role low content. That kills the game for new players and teaches them nothing and frankly takes the fun out of content.
    • Like x 4
  6. Elite DamageX Well-Known Player

With stats matter this will change......Cr will no longer matter an other players will not know what your capable of until they look at score.
    I on one hand don't mind carrying people through certain things as long as they are giving it their best effort
    • Like x 3
  7. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

you aren't in the minority. i run old content all the time. sometimes its fun to just easily blast through everything, sometimes i think its a shame were so op that a lot of these once epic instances now possess no challenge.

what would be nice is to have an option when queuing.

it would also go a long way in giving us more to do if a couple of old alerts and raids could get beefed up to current top tier.
    • Like x 1
  8. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

There is nothing wrong in the way you think bro. Cheer up, you are not alone ;)
    • Like x 2
  9. Kontakt Active Player

Those are the same guys who are going to be cr 188 with 80 skill points.
  10. Proxystar #Perception

In b4 proxystar

.p.s. optional clamping
    • Like x 1
  11. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Illumanti confirmed.

P.s. I'm up for optional clamping, just so long as we get marks for being clamped.
  12. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

optional HA, proxy made a funny :p
  13. colonelbondo Well-Known Player

one thing i noticed after being gone about a year is that the new content is ridiculously op. you queue in at CR113 for example, and the mobs are CR131 and the gear that drops is 112. so if there's two of us at 113, i just bail. its not possible. and no i'm not spending half an hour in a duo. thats nuts. seems strange that you need the gear that drops in order to complete the actual instance it drops in. its almost like the devs want you to be carried. i suppose the devs assume that you have full gear from lower episodes, but this isn't the case with everyone especially with alts. i have 13 alts and i use most of them most of the time.
  14. colonelbondo Well-Known Player

been begging for years for T6 Gorilla Island "YOU HAVE AN IQ OF 2 BUT IT TAKES 3 TO SCREAM IN PAIN" or smething
    • Like x 2
  15. Cold Fusion Well-Known Player

It is frustrating and annoying for lower and higher cr players.

Since you level faster than you can get all the feats in each episode you have to go into old content later to clean up feats.

It's nice that you can burn the place down if you are trying to just get style feats. But you are possibly robbing people out of a true combat experience. Not to mention possibly robbing people even other high CR people out of feats that are mechanics oriented or time length oriented
    I will say though it's probably better this way over stat clamp because the style feats are often the hardest to clean up because of RNG.

I would honestly prefer to just have a walk in for all past raids / alerts and duos so I can solo clean up feats without disrupting groups that want the true combat experience or groups that are still learning the ropes.
    • Like x 1
  16. siressarchangel Dedicated Player

I agree and think optional stat clamping should be put into the game. I don't think it should be mandatory. But the problem I find with being higher cr going into the lower tier instances, you get into the instance and try to help the lower tier person by letting them learn their power and they don't want to learn. I can't tell you how many times I've been in duos where an at level toon is in there with me (me being a higher cr)...I ask them first if they would like me to take gear off so they can get some experience and I almost always get this answer "no just kill everything so i can get gear"...and they literally do nothing.

While I know not all newer players do this, I come across way more people who do...and honestly that is one of the most frustrating things. People don't want to learn, they just want to be carried.
    • Like x 1
  17. VariableFire Loyal Player

"Clamping" to teach new players won't improve a thing. First, you have to have a community willing to teach. That's not this community anymore. Some will say "well they have to want to learn." Fair enough; however, you need to acknowledge the lack of teaching. I know there's at least one poster here adamant that he'll never teach.

Second, you actually have to know what to teach. Just did a duo (Wayne Gala) with a 188 fully modded HL player with all the Home Turf trinkets (I'm 188 Fire with synth mods and all HT trinkets). I did 80% more damage and didn't die while he died four times. Do you think someone like that would teach anything useful?

Third, this community, at least in-game, is terrible at differentiating between general knowledge, role-specific, power-specific, and instance-specific knowledge. I've lost track of how many times other players won't "reveal" instance-specific knowledge. They'd rather the instance fail over and over until you leave and they get someone they don't have to take <30 seconds explaining a simple mechanic to (and you guys want your kick timers gone, sheesh).
    • Like x 2
  18. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

What I think they should do is have a base teleporter mod to any instance you want to run. That way if your a high Cr and just want to blow through some older stuff fast for a style or whatever you can just walk right in, but if you Q up from the on duty tab you'll be clamped.

So many new players have no clue how mechanics,powers or how their role works cause there's always one or more high Cr character in there just smashing everything and that needs to stop. This community and game will never get any better if stuff like this keeps going on.
    • Like x 3
  19. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Your best bet if your just going solo is just that, run solos. If you want more control over your groups or want a group that everyone is speaking the same language start your own groups or start your own league. There are plenty of people out there lost in the 100cr range. What you get when you just que up can vary.

Stat clamping would not fix this. It's easy for someone new to see it as a benefit. Someone who has played for years and just wants to get thru the content for style feats should not have to be punished either. There is no fix for this. Before AF3 came out making newer toons and running old content was easier. Yes, high level people were there. But there were no 100cr 60sp players fresh off the ship. I feel the devs are doing you no justice in learning the game skipping past Prime, Nexus and Dox. These raids when first introduced at CR relevancy were really hard. It's not the case today. End game is broken. AF3 came out and most beat both raids on normal within 10 to 20 min. That was at 175cr. Now they are both mere alerts taking a combined 20min. Through in your weekly 410mission and it's easy to see why people say they have nothing to do.

My suggestions:

Have fun.
    Make your own groups.
    Use the forum league recruitment section if you'd rather join a league.
    Take your time.
    Learn you power.
    Learn how to dps.
    Learn how to play your off role.
    Have fun. This is the biggest thing missing from end game. Having fun.
    • Like x 1
  20. IamINC Dedicated Player

Up for clamping instances for sure to keep it mildly challenging especially for the guys at the recommended cr and to eliminate forced carrying.

But more importantly we need a tutorial for roles to go alongside this.