Can i have an aura?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Neidler123, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Protecktor MKV Committed Player

This is honestly the most fun way to deal with aura beggars.
    • Like x 2
  2. Cold Fusion Well-Known Player

In all fairness... I think the Watchtower is a sanctuary City.
    • Like x 1
  3. Darth Piper Loyal Player

And then these beggars have the nerve to get upset with you when you tell them, "You're free-to-play. Nobody can trade with you."
    • Like x 2
  4. light FX Steadfast Player

Other day a guy was telling people he'd trade his og solar for a classic grey bad or chair. He did this to me on multiple toons because i ended up near the broker on both. He sent the tell to 4 league mates also. He was pming any person near the broker it seems. If something is too good to be true it usually is and with people find ways to steal accounts in the past i just dont respond to these people. Ignore list.
  5. light FX Steadfast Player

I saw that same guy at the bus stop begging for OP players to help em with dox :p
    • Like x 1
  6. Gimpy Loyal Player

I respond to them the same way I do to telemarketers,

not sure how they take it as they usually don't ask me again but I only reply/say 1 word every time I get asked,

I was rotflmao just 5 days ago when a telemarketer was screaming F**K YOU!!! over and over at me on the phone by replying this 1 word even,

that word is,

buttplug.:cool:
    • Like x 1
  7. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I just start singing:"Hello ignore list my old friend,someone come to talk with you again" :p
  8. NoPhilosophy Committed Player

Get the broker amenity for your base. Prob solved
  9. Proxystar #Perception

Did you take the next bus?
  10. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

11. Swiftduck Loyal Player

be verrry careful with these types of people. People lately have been going on different characters to post an item for an obscene amount of money and then log onto a different character to get someone to buy that item for them for a trade. Once you buy the item that person will log off and collect the money and not offer you the trade.

They basically scam you into buy their item.
  12. Neidler123 Dedicated Player

So what do people think about having an aura vendor
  13. RogerBlack Committed Player

Creating an (exclusive) 'Aura Vendor' is a waste of time, imo.
    • You can already buy (all kinds) of auras in the Broker.
    • Some auras in the Broker even cost like 2k, or less.
    • You can already buy (all kinds) of auras in the Marketplace.
    • You can trade items for Auras (for Free) without even using the Broker, or Marketplace.
    The vast majority of players who beg for auras are F2P gamers.

Why build vendors & (specifically) cater to these folks who refuse to spend any money whatsoever on the game.... when they already have SEVERAL options at their disposal to acquire an aura?

In my opinion, it would be better to build some type of "Accessory Vendor" instead, where Auras are just one of the MANY items it sells... which EVERYONE can use.

I could see an Accessory Vendor selling stuff like: (pre-made) Stacks of Consumables, R&D Plans, Auras, Trinkets, Toys, Fashion Styles, Pets, Custom Sidekicks, Specialty Items from the Vault, Generator Mods, and certain R&D 'components' required to make certain Consumables. (like Unbreakable Motes, Battery Fragments, Diodes, Rune Carvers, Fabric, etc)

It could have an 'easy-to-use' menu that is organized with big 'promo spaces' like the Marketplace to sell different 'bundled items' as well as individual items that are categorized:

'Bundles' would include combinations of items, like:
    Spend (X) Marks to Get 1 Aura + 2 Generator Mods + 3 Stacks of a certain (Pre-Made) Consumable = The DPS package
    Spend (X) Marks to Get 1 Aura + 2 Generator Mods + 1 Kryptonite Chunk Trinket from the Vault = The Healer package
    Spend (X) Marks to Get 1 Style Item + 2 R&D Plans + 3 Stacks of a certain (Pre-Made) Consumable = The Troller package
    Spend (X) Marks to Get 1 Toy + 2 Generator Mods + 1 Gear Style = The (Holiday / Seasonal) package

It's a much better value than just creating a single 'Vendor Bot' for Auras.

Just my opinion.

Here's some screenshots to help visualize the idea....

[IMG]

[IMG]
  14. Neidler123 Dedicated Player

That's an amazing idea you should make that a thread.

If they made that It would be the best thing that has been added to this game
    • Like x 1
  15. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

no thats not your typical beggar, thats a scammer, had a guy do that to me last week with a cosmic material, and asked if I could buy him a azure mist device which he had 1 up for 8mil, or a replica base item (had it up for 10mil) so I sent him a tell and told em Im not a dumb f*** I know what your trying to do and took a pic of his PSN and all that. told friends about him ect.
    • Like x 1
  16. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

I've actually given several regular auras (back before they changed the prom boxes) to folks when they asked for them. It's never bothered me but I mostly ignore folks like that these days my regular stash has ran out so :p
    • Like x 1
  17. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

see heres the thing auras are a big deal in dcuo so a vendor just for them would be awesome for many ppl. we dont need more R&D materials given to us we already get that from TCs as it is.
    • Like x 2
  18. Neidler123 Dedicated Player

I think we are talking about the same guy
    Except he wanted a bed that was 15 mil
  19. Neidler123 Dedicated Player

I was looking at the toys and pets too
  20. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

yea when I told em I was reporting him, he put the material in his bank and logged out so its possible, and Im sure he has more toons, and items to use to do that with.