Where is everybody?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Marvin_Mayhem, Jan 23, 2017.

1. coco Committed Player

Hey I know maybe op's 'perception' is off like proxy's! Lmao

Seriously though op I've resorted back to single player games & tablet games because all mmorpg's lately are GARBAGE! You either get p2w, boredom, or horrendous lag. Would go back to eq but you know DB runs that too unfortunately. Project 99 seems good but good luck getting your hands on that disk now-a-days. Just my take on it though.
  2. Neidler123 Dedicated Player

These stabilizers remind me of some of those base building phone games or battle island on ps4

Like sure you can get everything for free but it will take you a lifetime
    • Like x 1
  3. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

but you forgot, you now have to buy your feats. no skill needed. just lots and lots of money...
    • Like x 1
  4. Marvin_Mayhem New Player

I was on PvP. At the time I was playing, that was the place to be. Why has that changed?
  5. UltraVillain Committed Player

Sadly if you think you aren't seeing many people now...just wait till the open episodes end. Some bright spark at Daybreak has encouraged all the players to race to a place that very soon will be a literal dead end for them, a brick wall surrounded by the blithering idiocy that is content relevancy.

Welcome to DCUO an awesome theme and beautifully realised environment struggling to remain afloat despite being weighed down by the millstone forged from its own marketing model.
    • Like x 1
  6. NoPhilosophy Committed Player

Yea, he saI'd he went on Saturday morning....if you want to see a buncha people on try afternoon or evening.

People go on early specifically because there's less people. It's why I used to get on early to farm.
  7. Backseid Devoted Player

Every time you open a Time Capsule, another player is added to your phase.
    • Like x 2
  8. RogerBlack Committed Player

Or better yet... instead of 'hitting a brick wall'.... these same players could just pay for a Legendary Membership & keep on playing.

Problem solved.

Btw, how do you claim the game is "struggling to remain afloat"... when you (personally) have NO info / or access to data about the amount of 'new customers' that became Legendary Members last quarter, nor do you have any info about the company's annual revenue goals, or what they need to earn to remain profitable?

Just curious.
    • Like x 2
  9. Controller Devoted Player

Thanks!

I want a new car, Bob

And FTR "The Langoliers" is Mr. Stephen King's BEST WORK EVER, IMHO.

10. Neidler123 Dedicated Player

I think the biggest thing that kills dc is there isn't really anything to do.
    You can kill stuff ,do races , decorate your bases or farm collections. That's it gets boring needs more diversity and mini games
    • Like x 1
  11. Harlequin Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

A few years back the Devs decided to not allow new players to start off on the PvP phase to level up (you could still go there, but only when you leveled up enough to get to the watchtower and the phase shifter). The reason for that was because too many players were apparently quitting over the griefing they got from higher cr bullies players who targeted them. With a reduction on weaker players to pick on, the majority of the bullies players moved back to PvE phase to run content instead (or quit the game for a host of reasons).

There's also the long standing neglect for all things PvP, which led to PvP Gear CR being FAR behind PvE CR (stats included). That made things rather lopsided in Open World PvP as the PvE gear hit significantly harder.

Last but not least, a lot of people are running Amazon Fury 3 content as well as the Anniversary event this month, and both of those have their own zones (making regular Gotham and Metropolis much more empty).
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Your opening statement was wrong, especially since in the second sentence you mention things to do...so it can't be both nothing to do, yet "you can kill stuff, do races, decorate your bases or farm collections". You also forgot to add feat hunting.
  14. Jeff Bond Committed Player

DCUO is a huge game overall. The problem is that only 5% of the content is played anymore. When you can replay your way to a full set of gear in a week, something is wrong. DB has a tough road ahead with this game. If stats revamp goes off well, there might be hope but the pay to win model is the quickest way to an early demise.
    • Like x 1
  15. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Well that "percentage" of the game that isn't playable anymore is largely due to folks not getting anything with value from it. At this point you're mainly running "lower" content if you need the feats. Sure you have the folks playing it because they need to or the ones doing it for "fun" but that's a small percentage of the overall population.
    • Like x 1
  16. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Doesn't matter. At our peak, couple years back, you could find tons of people. Back when dueling was fun. Most mornings and afternoons i would pvp and duel. Run other content or more pvp in the evening. Now, not the case. With three platforms, it's still dead. I have to use LFG as an example. That thing moves by slow. Slower than ever.

I'm also currently on break. :) borderlands 2 and my new favorite EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 4.1. EDF! EDF! lol.
    • Like x 1
  17. Neidler123 Dedicated Player

I kinda lump feats in with the other stuff
  18. UltraVillain Committed Player

Your solution is dependent on a willing spend being agreed, some who have enjoyed the free period will not have that luxury even among those that would really like it. So the inevitable fate for them is either start over and repeat to a point some way behind or else stop playing ...with the best will in the world the population will take a hit. The OP gained his impression at a time of unprecedented content access so the same impression further ahead is rationally going to be even less positive.

The company's revenue goals may be an unknown but there is clarity in the strategy being employed, which is a mushroom in the number of items hidden behind some form of RNG (something inflating even the game mp) and the emphasis of 'bonus weekend's that can only revolve around rb sales. It may be a case of blatant profiteering however it undoubtedly devalues the appeal of Legendary membership and suggests, strongly I believe, that the measures are a requirement rather than a preference.

tbh if the game is in a healthy state financially I would promote 'free access to episodes' as a permanent change, the more people playing the more likely they are to spend some money on it, the more there is a sense of activity and life.....I have been here since launch and at times the pvp phase can now feel dead and empty while pve phase is much healthier the trending is almost certainly the same (and queue lengths are also clearly indicative) so I do believe there is cause for worry.
    • Like x 1
  19. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Population is really low compared to two years ago. A 100 players by the PS don't disprove this. When you see 2 different groups shouting for dps for UT for like 5mins show how low the villain population is.
    • Like x 2
  20. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

I'm sure those people were doing something else at that specific time. That could become a problem eventually (if it isn't already)