Work In Progress New Vendor Discount System!

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jan 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seethra Well-Known Player

Its pretty much ALL he ever says in EVERY thread here.
    • Like x 2
  2. Gimpy Loyal Player

What part of "I've been here for 5 years" did you not understand?

Yes, they have had a lot of personnel changes, every time they have personnel changes the game goes in a new "direction", there is never a clear "direction" given just "ambiguous answers" and regardless of the personnel changes things that have been "said in the past" have always had a caveat applied ( "subject to change" , "not written in stone" ).
  3. stärnbock Devoted Player

Noooo...! how comes...?
    each time they come up with something that sounds good at first,
    it has some detail wich ruins the hwole thing completely?!!
  4. spack2k Steadfast Player

50% is still to much of a grind, not to mention that the most expensive gear "the weapon" remains on 120 coins...

my secondary role will stay one cr lower than my main role.
    • Like x 1
  5. Theblackcat456 Committed Player

Mepps the vendor gear is too expensive for the discount to be worth it. It takes 3 months to grind the full set so we dont get the discount for alts until ages. I play my alts at the same pace as my main. Therefore as others have suggested it should be changed to individual pieces and not the full set. I really think the vendor gear costs need to be reduced. Its 120 marks for a weapon and 110 for chest\legs when you only get max 84 marks a week which requires tedious grinding. Its not reasonable.
    • Like x 1
  6. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Sorry I'm posting this here, but it hasn't been answered on the testing thread for this.
    Is the test server going to be updated so that new characters are level 30 again so that we can easily see if this update is working as intended? Right now, new characters are created at level 10, so you would have to grind to 30, then use the testing supplies on several characters just to see if this system is working. It should should simple 3-4 minute check, it shouldn't take hours/days to verify that is working.
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We'll get this changed back to 30 to help while testing the new system.
  8. MensSana Active Player

This system still useless... it wont help ppl doing the 2nd armor on the main toon (regular + elite) and it wont help alts, because we have to wait 2-3 month before finish the feat and that means that you can use the discount only when the dlc is already over... pretty useless!!
    Why you cant just do something really fair for once and simply reduce prices by 50%??
  9. Lithiumz Well-Known Player

The system should be based if you own that piece of gear on a character. This doesn't help my alts because its based on a feat. It takes time to gear.
  10. Proxystar #Perception

I have no problems with this system.

it should remain separate for elite and normal gear as well.

People need to start making a decision do they go for elite gear first, do they go for normal, how do they want to structure their approach.

All you need is one serious alt to make the most of this system, if you want to chase elite vendor gear on your main, you can do all the work for the normal vendor gear on your alt and transfer it all as necessary.

once those two are done all other alts benefit.
  11. Elusian Crowd Control

Well, we knew something was planned and here it is and I like the concept. It would be great if the OP collections on the vendor could be also reduced in price when the feat has been popped for it but thats just nitpicking here.

Good job, looking forward for it to hit live =)
  12. Red Mystic New Player

This is one of the best dev posts I've ever read. Now the grind doesn't seem as daunting. Good job devs!
  13. Aerith Rose Committed Player

Respectfully no. Discount should cross for elite and normal gear discount and not be separated. A full set of vendor style gear alone (not counting weapon rings, etc) is over 600 ancient coins. That is a total of over 1,200 ancient coins to buy both sets at full price (not counting weapon etc). This price is just to high. I run with a lot of very active players and I don't know of anyone that has finished even one set of full vendor gear.

Price reduction is a great idea, the cost of vendor gear is currently to high.
  14. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I don't really run the raids, don't log in every day, and don't spend replay badges much and I've finished the regular vendor set. Af3 has been live for 10 weeks and you can get 84 coins a week if you do everything every day and don't spend a single replay badges. That's 8,400 ancient coins! What are the"active"players you pay with spending the coins on, if not the gear? Are they buying boxes and boxes of af3 base items to decorate their league Hall(s) instead of progressing their characters?
  15. Aerith Rose Committed Player

A lot of dps will buy the weapon first. A lot of people save marks for elite gear since normal gear is pointless.

I think the main question is this. You finished the regular set in 9-10 weeks of game play. Should you have to grind another 9-10 weeks to finish the elite set or should you have to grind 4-5 weeks? My vote is 4-5 =).
  16. StealthBlue Loyal Player

But do I deserve the elite gear. No. I don't feel entitled to it in any way. I will work for it over time with the few times I go into elite, and by the time I have enough renoun, I will have enough coins. If you choose to go after elite gear first, I'm on the fence about the regular gear being at a reduced price.
  17. Aerith Rose Committed Player

IMO it should work either way. If you finish elite set you can buy regular set at half price. If you finish regular set you can buy elite at half price.
  18. Proxystar #Perception

It's not about whether that's fair or not is about how the system tech works.

It appears to be associated with feats therefore the only way to do it would be to start giving people feats they hadnt earned yet to apply the discount.
  19. Aerith Rose Committed Player

This should not be anymore difficult to code for and it should not require giving away free feats. =). It really comes down to convincing the developers it is worth doing.
  20. Proxystar #Perception

It depends how their system and techs work.

Anything can be coded but you're not the one doing it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.