Test Discussion GU 67: Vendor Discount System

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Mepps, Jan 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please use this thread to report any bugs found in using the new Vendor Discount System for Ancient Coins.
  2. bmce84 Loyal Player

Mepps can we get a discount on the Weapons also?. Weapon drops are among the hardest to get and it would really help alts to be able to buy the vendor one faster.
    • Like x 4
  3. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Can the test server be updated so that new characters are level 30 again? My existing characters already have the AF3 gear, so I can't check that this is discount system is working as intended without leveling a character from 10 (which is what new characters start at on test right now). At the very least, give free skip to CR100 from the character select screen so we can then take advantage of the vendors in the HQ's.
  4. Penryn The Gadgeteer

This game system sounds good in theory, but I'm finding it to be very obtuse to use in-reality for the following reasons:
    • This system is not explained anywhere in-game. You have to know that it exists and that it only applies to this specific DLC.
    • On your alts, you have to unlock specific feats which are buried in the feat menu. For a villain, that feat is called "Humbled Hero."
    • There are no notifications about price reductions upon completing the feat.
    • The gear price reductions only become available after you've completed a specific feat. Even then, the reductions don't apply to accessories/weapons.
    This system hinges on the player knowing that it exists and having full knowledge of the system. That's a lot of assumptions to make. It doesn't help that this system isn't used anywhere else in-game at the moment.

Feedback
    I'm hoping this system is not used to justify having high vendor prices in future DLC.
    • Like x 9
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We would like to make UI improvements for better notification that the system exists, but we did not think it worth holding the system for them. The feat descriptions should outline that this is a thing.
  6. bmce84 Loyal Player

Is there a chance to at least get a weapon discount, doesn't have to be half but at least say from 110 to 90?
    • Like x 2
  7. stärnbock Devoted Player

sounds groovy, but wait...
    all gear i have left on my main are the weapon, the mask, a ring, the utility belt and the trinket :p
    well, thanks anyways ^^'
  8. stärnbock Devoted Player

pls confirm: tell me that THIS^ is not the gear unlocking you were talkin about a year ago!
  9. inferno Loyal Player

Luckily, I still had a 30 toon without the af3 gear. I can confirm that after completing the set on a toon, I was able to purchase the feat tied to the vendor gear which allowed my alt to purchase the vendor gear at half price. As for the elite gear, I see that it still requires that the other toon acquire the necessary renown.
  10. bmce84 Loyal Player

gear unlocking will use replay badges and all gear can be unlocked from one character to another, not from a vendor. last time he said the main issue was figuring out the costs based on the type of gear, and also how it will work with style unlocking.
  11. stärnbock Devoted Player

is the WHOLE team busy working on the stats revamp? i mean: sure, the main focus my be on it, but is there noone else in the team that works on other stuff in the meantime and is not involved so they could work out those things and maybe even deliver before stats revamp is completed? i mean, someone is doing new episodes and events and stuff, is there realy noone hwo could work on this highly anticipated feature aswell?
  12. bmce84 Loyal Player

They have people working on the main things, Episode 28, Water, Revamp, thing is Gear/Style unlock they said it wasn't a top priority now so nothing will be said until at least they where done with Water powers, and that wont happen until after the revamp, I wouldn't expect unlock to arrive before August, but honestly probably not even 2017.
    • Like x 1
  13. light FX Steadfast Player

So the other pieces are not half the cost? Really?
  14. bmce84 Loyal Player

Nope, only the style pieces are, btw the face being an old style isn't included either.
  15. VioletSorceress Committed Player

This reminds me of Divine Favor feat. A lot of people still ask why they dont get OP collections in instance.
    I was lucky to catch league mates talking about it or I wouldnt know details for long time too.

I even bought 4x Shim Tar pieces for each of my toons to get the feat everywhere, it just did not occur to me that simply opening the feat with badges would have the same effect. :D :D
  16. light FX Steadfast Player

Wow i had planned to buy a wpn for the dps side of my main with the 80 coins i have. Im not sure what to say. This is the bug testing section so i guess ill keep my comments to myself.
  17. stärnbock Devoted Player

i agree, yet i hope we are wrong... gear unlocking is what i am looking forward to before anything else they are working on right now...
  18. BumblingB I got better.

It probably uses the same tech that works like divine favor. You get the feat and it flags you as having it. Since there is no feat attached to the weapons, jewelry, and trinkets, they have no way of distinguishing that you got them.

This will probably lead to more 0pt feats in the future.
  19. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Devs, cant you create a small 10pt feat like Divine Favor or Particle Powered to use and unlock at alts to get the discounted prices?

Otherwise you make us waste ReplayBadges at 50pt style feat we can complete later by finishing the set. Game is already too RB hungry as it is.

And BTW, do u have plans to make Particle Powered's Anniversary feat to grant discounted prices for alts next year ?
  20. StealthBlue Loyal Player

If both of those style data are 50 point feats, you are worried about just 4 replay badges if you buy both feats. Is that really going to break your wallet?
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.