Game won't play from launch

Discussion in 'Game Support' started by Doittoit, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Doittoit New Player

Haven't seen this issue. This is a steam game I recently reinstalled on a new computer. The launch is coming up, but when I hit the big green button it isn't exe the game. If I hover over the PLAY button it says the game is currently playing.

I have shut down and restarted, check the task manager to see if there was a second game running. Validated the files through steam and via the launcher.
  2. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

YOU need the latest NET Framework, C++ Runtime Library, direct x.

DCUO also needs full permissions in Windows and the security software. Additionally, DCUO will not start if a PC is or was infected with malware and not entirely clean.
  3. Doittoit New Player

None 0of those seem to be the issue. Thank you for the response though.
  4. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

5. Doittoit New Player

Thank you,

I have done that, but usually don't have much luck with support :(. They usually try and blame it on silly things from my end that doesn't seem to effect anything else I want to do. I have played this game of and on since day one. I have stopped playing several times because something changed where I couldn't run it and then I would get a whim ever so often to play again; try it and eventually something usually changes that I am able to run it again.
  6. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

If the installation is that old, you should reinstall the game.
  7. Doittoit New Player

Thank you LL
    I just up loaded it last week. I am switching computers and haven't gotten it to work. Everything else has made the switch just fine.