Why Que up as secondary role you cant perform?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by gemii, Jan 21, 2017.

1. nawanda Loyal Player

Definitely is a role-less buff. Notice the green heart symbol in the top left under your name when there is no healer. That my friend is a buff.
    • Like x 4
  2. VariableFire Loyal Player

Nope, it hasn't happened yet
  3. NoPhilosophy Committed Player

Because a lot of people have left the game so things take longer to Q. I don't agree with it either but that's the reality. I have both roles 188 so I have no problem switching armories.
  4. lukelucky Devoted Player

No if you a he support and the support roles needed I should switch. Sadly in anything not a raid the support role minus a healers useless. Queing and refusing to run the roles a jerk move
    • Like x 1
  5. spack2k Steadfast Player

Nah the event area is so big u simply cant heal out of range , spamming heals and run out of powers is just plain stupid, it may look stupid when ppl are low hp while healer has still more than 50% power but i experienced myself that in the phases u don't fight the monitor u just can't heal ppl who aren't near you unless ur celestial, now power issue is different since its not limited to range that issue is 100% controllers fault.
    • Like x 1
  6. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

The question has already pretty much been answered. Faster QUE times obviously but the real problem is , and this is NOT just a problem at lower tier, players that actually show up ready and willing to play the Troll, healer or tank and have no clue how to do the job.

I was on a raid a couple of days ago where things were so bad i felt the need to check a couple things on the scoreboard at the end. Now the raid took over 30 minutes to complete and yet the TROLL had a grand total of just over 50,000 in power out and let me be very clear NO I did not forget a zero that's Fifty Thousand. To make sure anyone with no clue about what a troll should be able to produce ... I was a DPS with AM and MY total power out was 28,000 so I manage to produce almost as much power to myself as the troll did for the entire team in over half an hour.

Same raid had two healers but some how we managed to have a number of team wipes. I checked the scoreboard and the one healer had decent numbers for a little over 30 minutes at 750,000. The other healer had healing out numbers were so low it took me a while to even locate him on the team roster because his damage out numbers were so much higher it looked like he was playing DPS. That was a T6 raid by the way not a T1 or T2.

Here is what I have noticed lately and I've even seen it on T8 content. because there are so many DPS these days some players have actually grabbed themselves some SUPPORT armor and are quing up to PLAY support. The problem? They have no clue how. All of the below actually have taken place on END GAME CONTENT:

1. Troll that was doing an absolutely horrid job or power out was questioned about Power Over Time (POT) and his reply was "Oh we don't need that anyway... and besides it doesn't do enough damage" And if your at all curious YES he did spend most of the raid playing like he was a DPS and just assumed that was HOW a troll was supposed to play.

2. A Tank that saw absolutely no problem from using the rest of the team as his shield and was behind everyone using nothing but RANGED attacks. For anyone not familiar with TANKING that meant if he was actually grabbing aggro at all the mobs were now trying to attack him and firing THROUGH the rest of the team to get at him. NEWS FLASH to so called tanks... your job is to attract the mobs away from firing AT your team mates not encouraging it.

3. A healer on a very recent God or Monsters raid that was screaming at MY TROLL during the final battle. No not for power ... for debuffs. Now first of all I was the lone troll on a team with a trio of dps that had no clue how AM or Wm work so their power levels were constantly near zero and I had the 2 healers including one using the old school approach to healing... Just start healing as soon as you walk in the door and never stop even when no one is damaged or even when there are no mobs attacking your team. Where this guy got the idea I had extra power to spend debuffing anything I have no idea? Plus and this is the GOOD part.. exactly why does a healer, whose job is not to do more damage but to HEAL, give a crap about anything being debuffed?

I have other stories but I think you get the point. They show up as your TROLL or TANK or HEALER and hope the 5 or 6 DPS will blast through everything so fast it won't matter and then my guess would be if they actually get anything good in the way of an armor drop.. Goes right onto their DPS.
    • Like x 3
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Despite the fact that the event instance is a raid, there is in fact a roleless buff applied in it. I discovered that on day one.
  8. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

God I do not even know where to start on this post

1 and 2 .. maybe I don't like to FORM MY OWN GROUP because then everyone sees me as the leader and the one in charge and if its the first time I have ever done that raid or alert what the heck do I know about leading it? other people simply don't want that responsibility... I joined a raid once and was the THIRD person to join the team and about a minute after i joined ... I WAS the leader.

3. I just LOVE when anyone uses this excuse. You know what? I have support alts that started gathering support gear as low as CR 70 because when your attacking the Sbot and Mbot day in and day out and getting two pairs of boots or two helms that are BOTH CR 74 you ONLY need one for your DPS. Does it take a little longer to maintain two full sets of armor? sure it does but at any tier above say 4 I can play effectively at either role.

4. Tell this to my Atomic Tank who joined a Demon's plan alert and had one DPS screaming at me that I needed to switch to DPS. Then we entered the first room and in seconds I had every ninja crowded around me like teen aged girls after some Rapper's autograph. No one was taking any damage BUT me and it was easy as heck to wipe out the entire room in seconds using AoEs. I have done alerts as the TROLL where, thanks to DPS that KNOW how to use combos, i was able to actually do damage and DEBUFF everything from start to finish.

5. WHY kick them? Because if they have no clue how to do their job right what use are they to any team? So why should we keep a so called healer that is not healing anyone and actually running around playing LIKE a DPS but with all that healer gear on is doing terrible damage? WHY don't we kick him and either get a healer that knows how to heal or just GET another DPS that can actually do damage at a DPS level? Its what the KICK feature is supposed to be for NOT "Oh look my league mate just logged on and he need's this mission let's kick this guy that's been healing for us since we started and invite our pal!"

6. Funny but on some of the seasonals it became a whole lot easier to complete when people started building their OWN teams instead of just Qing for them and those had things like healers, tanks and trolls. Heck just this past year at Halloween my ATOMIC Tank wound up soloing Klarion on a team full of DPS with that could not grasp the concept that IF the boss is using a bunch of AoE attacks yes the tank is getting hit by them while holding aggro BUT if your standing right next to the tank, like a big dummy, you get hit too and then DIE. I have Healed, Trolled and tanked The Winter alert and on good teams with players that know THEIR jobs the times were about the same as when I was in one playing DPS.
    • Like x 3
  9. SparkmanX Committed Player

First of all, I would like to thank OP for writing this topic.

The truth is that very few players in this forum take the time to explain the inconsistencies that occur in the raids and alerts through the Que ue system, And it is precisely from this system that I am going to open a threads of why and how to improve the que ue system. To return to the subject you have opened I will give some advances of my ideas. Again, Thank you very much for opening this thread, which I feel should be taken seriously by the Devs.

This problem you mentioned is giving a lot in Raids and Old Alerts is because of the mentality of many players. Many years ago raids were taken seriously by the community at large, not anyone could enter one without prior inspection of the other players. This has changed as a result of many players being charged by other players of higher CR in the old instances since they have the ability to do so and are generally looking for some style that they lack for their collection. However, when these players with a very small CR arrive at instances close to the end game, they become a hindrance for the rest of the group since no one can continue to carry them.

The second reason why this occurs is because of the obsessive desire to be only Dps. This topic has been discussed extensively in other threads but in general terms, 95% of players WANTS TO BE DPS. The problem I see here is that of laziness and impatience. If all you care about in the game is to be DPS, then YOU MUST WAIT To enter the instance in that role OR ARM YOUR OWN GROUP.

You see, for this kind of thing I have a general rule: If you have a very low CR, then never enter a Raid in dps mode. The reason for this is because you are not really going to bring anything to the team. Probably contribute more to the team doing support than dps. The players want to pass the instances fast and nobody has the patience to wait three hours until the dps manage to kill the first adds that are found.

How to improve the Que ue system?

The system must improve by giving more power to players to choose with those who want to play and punish those who try to cheat the system. For example, after kicking a player, the system asks if you want to vote to reopen the instance; However, the system does not ask you what role the group needs. Some people use LFG to call a specific role, however the problem is that very few players use this chat to be able to play old instances. Therefore, the system should have the tools to look for players who pug for the instance in the role that the group needs.

The kicking system should be more specific. Currently, if you kick someone, then the system will not allow you to kick more players for an extended period of time. However, this should not happen if you kick a player for not playing the role with which he was appointed.

A friendlier way of avoiding players constantly kicking other players for not using the designated role is that, in certain instances, the system does not allow you to use a role for which you have not been appointed, unless the player Submit to vote and everyone in the team votes Yes. In this way, if you were designated to be a healer, the system automatically changes you to your healer role and does not allow you to switch to dps mode. If for some reason, the team does not need another healer, then, one of the players (the healer in this case) Is put to a vote to change roles if the group allows it. In this way, you give the group more power to choose which roles they want to play.

One last request For all those critics of the suggestion presented by OP : Please stop saying nonsense like:
    1. Build your own group or
    2. Play with your league.

This is the number one reason the Devs have not improved the system. The options you give to casual players are silly since very few people use LFG to play old content and most importantly NOT ALL PLAYERS ARE ON AN ACTIVE LEAGUE. As has been said in other Threads on the subject of the leagues, most people enter the leagues but do their missions alone. Not everyone has the time to gather all the players required to play an old instance. Also, this way of playing only in LFG and only with the league, has always seemed .A very old way of forming groups since the automatic system does not have many restrictions. People do it because they have no other viable option. Most players use these two resources only to be able to play new content, But practically nobody uses it for old content.

Time is an invaluable resource. It is even more valuable than money. You can not ask casual players to invest two hours in LFG in order to recruit other players to enter old instances. If you can improve the system and in step contribute to change the mentality of some players for good, then WHY DO NOT DO IT?. In the end, you going to have thankful casual players and probably will bring more customers interested in purchasing the product as they will have good references of these grateful casual players.

This is only one of my next threads in which I will take up the subject in more depth. I hope my English is good and can express my ideas clearly.
    • Like x 3
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. Mightyhon Well-Known Player

Never (blind) queue into anniversary event as a support role, you will regret it.
  12. SparkmanX Committed Player

I totally agree with the response you have given to this player. I was also going to take the time to respond to him and to one more, but probably what I was going to say was not going to be as constructive as your response and I was going to expel from the forum.

I think that players and especially those who write this forum should not take lightly the Que eu system and try to provide creative ideas to help the designers to improve this Method to form groups. I think that players' mentality when entering these instances can be changed if the game provides the necessary tools for players to choose how they want to play and punish those who try to cheat the system.
  13. SparkmanX Committed Player

GOOD ANSWER!

[IMG]
  14. Gimpy Loyal Player

HEYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm the gimpy in the system but yeah you got the rest of it right. lol

The system needs to make people "stick" with the role "assigned" by the que.

Que as a DPS/Support, assigned role is a Support, system keeps you in the role and won't let you switch unless a group vote decides the player can switch roles to 1 that is needed.

Doubt it ever happens.
  15. Gimpy Loyal Player

Then you are mistaken.

At any point in time in content or open world your health is low, holding block will do this for you. Even if a healer is present and not healing.
  16. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Have never had any problems blind queuing, closest 'problem' had was queuing in as a 23 Healer and some loudmouth commented on it, so instead of using the Qwa-bombs just focused on healing, and, even though there were two or three lvl 230 healers, still ended up being the second highest Healer
    • Like x 1
  17. spack2k Steadfast Player

this is not true , i was running UT today with a low cr healer and in the last boss room he charged into medusa while rest was stuck in the cinematic and after he died he was closed out of combat and holding block did not help any of remaining 3 ppl in the room.
    • Like x 1
  18. spack2k Steadfast Player

Despite the amount of players needed to play/enter the event is categorized by the game as an alert therefore there is a role less buff.
    • Like x 1
  19. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

That's what happens when they allow low levels to do the event without the slightest understanding of their role. Game does a poor job of explaining. Healer role is obvious and tank can be depending on the power but trolling is least obvious. Even when I started I was unaware of what a troller was supposed to do.

Tutorials should explain roles.
    • Like x 1
  20. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Suggestion: Events like anniversary (people queue up as roles they don't play as often here) event should have a minimum of lvl of 30 (instead of 10). Set up trolling, healing and tanking tutorials to practice (almost like legends practice).