Celestial DPS Question *PLEASE READ*

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Celis, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Celis Active Player

Hello guys! Today I'm here to ask you something else about my damage, more regarding my loadout. To make it long story short, I asked a friend of mine (he's main DPS Celestial) what he thought about my old loadout (my old loadout is might based), and he said that it was weak for PVE, but strong for PVP, and that if I want to keep my old loadout, I should use it when on PVP. Currently, I'm using the loadout everyone is using for DPS Celestial today, Annoit, benediction buffs, and that...
    So according to my friend, this is what he told me:

My old loadout: Might Based, should use when PVP.
    [IMG]

My new loadout: Precision based, should use when PVE.
    [IMG]

So my questions are:
    1. Do you agree with my friend? Do you think it should be this way?
    2. What do you think about my old loadout? Do you think it's weak or strong?
    3. Could it be posible that in my old loadout instead of focusing on might, I focus on precision? Or it wouldnt work? Because I've been told that my old loadout is heavy might, so I don't know?

Please, I really want you guys to answer my 3 questions, because I am really confused and I don't know anymore what is weak and strong on Celestial DPS.
    Thanks in advance! <3
    • Like x 1
  2. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

The Advanced Mechanic for Celestial is based on multi-input combos. The AM hits much, much harder than the Might portion of the attacks. Even before the AM, the Might-based loadouts were weaker than the Precision-based ones. The AM also helps you recover power.

1 & 3) So, I agree with your friend ... go Precision or mixed.
    2) It's hard to say, for either loadout, how strong they are, because you haven't explained how you use it.

Generally, I see people clip two or three buffs together, use PcDL if there's enough health on the targets, and then spam WOTPcCS or RcW clipped with themselves, depending on the range. Cursed Idol is there as a heal, a DoT, and moreover it helps with low health adds because of the damage glyphs they leave behind. I'll also see people use RcW clipped with either ScH or HcS (for looks or speed: it doesn't hit as hard as ScH) ... presumably because ScH and HcS hit everything in the cone, and gets an AM buff form RcW, whereas RcW only seems to hit an AoE around the target.

Personally, my biggest concern with Celestial is solo and duo content, and four-player content without a tank. People say they have a crowd-control heavy loadout for those, but I don't understand how that works, since stuff is still alive when it becomes immune, and then won't let you get off that last set of combos to finish the job.
    • Like x 1
  3. NoPhilosophy Committed Player

That pvp LO Op. Can have a clip fest with that.
  4. Celis Active Player

So you're trying to say that my PVP loadout is op?
  5. Celis Active Player

Like your saying its a good loadout?
    • Like x 1
  6. Celis Active Player

Ok, ill explain how I use my old loadout might based. First I use my buff Dark Pact (2), then i use haunt(1), plague(3), consume soul(4) and wither(5), including their combos, and life steal when avaliable, and i do that until dark pact refrshes, i use tha pact and i do the same over and over again. is it clear now?

and the other thing, should i use my old loaodut as might or based for pvp? ppl tell me my loadout is heavy might, so what do u say
  7. Celis Active Player

use my old loadout as might or precision based for pvp?***
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I'm going to be blunt here ok? I just prefer pure honesty, no offense meant by it.

1). Your PvP loadout needs adjustments. I'd swap WcR (wither c retribution) out with DMcB (death mark c into blessing). If you must use a SC I would swap life drain out and put in cursed idol. It offers decent might damage over time to help drain the enemy teams heals. HcS (haunt c smite) can stay, but I would swap out plague with either anoint or Benediction. CScWoTP is fine too (consume soul c wrath of the presence)

2) if you were using that loadout for PvE, it would fail horribly. Celestial is centered around precision and might should not be the main focus. You can capitalize on it with dark pact and cursed idol, but never should it be priority with celestial, ever.

3) see answer above in 2.

Disclaimer: the above stated is mere opinion based on my own experiences.

Your new loadout is a lot better, it's not the best loadout for celestial DPS but it certainly isn't terrible either. My loadout centers more around a 3 buff rotation using anoint, benediction, and dark pact. Seeing as you're a villain because of the purple colored loadout tray and power symbols, we can meet ingame and I can show you a few tricks if you'd like. It's easier seeing it done in person rather then explained over text.
  9. Celis Active Player

So youre saying that might based is not an option at all and I should focus on precision in both of my loadouts? And if I do your changes, would my old loadout work good for PVP?
  10. Celis Active Player

Oh and 2 other things:
    1. I see in all your characters you have over 200+ skill points, wow. Could you give me advice to get feat points fast? I only got 81 :(
    2. I'm in the PC server, you got a villain in the PC server? If so, give me the name pls?
  11. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

I would take Fatal up on the offer and meet. It is easier & faster face to face ( toon to toon ) when showing little differences.
    • Like x 1
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

With the changes and some practice, the adjusted loadout should do a lot better for you, and no. You want to focus only precision for right now. Celestial AM is centered around it and it's how you'll get the most out of it.

1) focus on easier feats you can knock out by yourself. Join a good league that helps you with group related feats (mine is currently recruiting and does feat runs on Saturday nights, hint hint ;) )

2) I'm on PS, but PS and PC share the same server so we can still play together. Just add Fatal Star and I can get to you at earliest convenience.
    • Like x 1
  13. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I rarely PvP outside of Legends. I'm not the person to ask for that.
    As for what you're doing with that loadout, I think I've already explained why it doesn't work. I would add that clipping animations is pretty key to being a decent damager, but by putting Dark Pact first it doesn't seem you have clipping in mind at all.
  14. NoPhilosophy Committed Player

Yea definitely
  15. NoPhilosophy Committed Player

I would take the supercharge out and use defile though.
  16. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

The dps lo for PvP is alright. Clip Dark Pact with Consume Soul and do Retribution into Haunt if you want to use powers.
    You're better off using lunges from HB and MA lol. More damage for no kind of power
    PcDL is pretty risky as a dps.. surprisingly as a healer you can get away with it.
    Wither is trash. You're better off with Retribution. You can even do Defile instead of PcDL.
    Life drain is awful. Word of Power is miles ahead of it.
    • Like x 1
  17. Celis Active Player

Well I actually do clip, for example. When I use plague, right after the character fllies up, I immdeiately use another ability to cancel the animation. That isn't clipping?
    • Like x 1
  18. Celis Active Player

Ok, I'm going to add you. Maybe today or tommorow I'll be available. I really need help and I think I just found the perfect person to help me. Thank you so much.
    • Like x 1
  19. Elite DamageX Well-Known Player

Go precision mods and clip buffs then just use retribution combo.
    Celestial is a bit week but still can do good damage. Running a raid with average Dps an usually on top but if you run with mental, ice or munitions, you will fall behind if they are good an have good stats.
    With 7,600 base precision it hits pretty hard
  20. Xibo Loyal Player

Probably this video below can help you on PvE side