Dear Jack Emmert - You Answered my Question, Here's my Response "Perception".

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Proxystar, Jan 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cassi Well-Known Player

Please remember too. Jack was super honest when he said " I like pay2win". He did it over at STO, and ruined that game. Now that he is here, he will do the same with DCUO. Daybreak hired him to do one thing...make more money for them. This year we will see multiple p2w tactics. He did TC's in STO, and made drop rates super rare there as well. The company wants 1 thing...your money. And, I cannot stress this enough, so long as people continue to drop hundreds of dollars on stabilizers, replays, etc in this game, they will continue to push heavy p2w tactics. My sub is up near October. I have been playing 3 years now.. I have paid for 2 subs all this time. When my sub is up, I will not be renewing either of them. It seems like being a sub has 0 value anymore. And before I get crap about you get mp cash and replays...that value means nothing in this grind heavy, slow content release, p2w game anymore. Being a sub here holds 0 value to this company. I wish Sony still owned it. And I wish they never hired Jack. RIP DCUO it was fun for awhile. LH's and Lairs had so much potential, they don't update anything for those. And a special vendor for people to get items for how many boxes they open...come on guys, can you not see how much they are pushing for people to keep spending money....it's a marketing ploy period! Thank God I don't spend more than my membership fee on wow...if they ever tried a p2w over there, I'd leave that game as well. Monthly paying members should have access to everything. Period! Trying to squeeze monthly paying members out of more is a slap in those members face.
    • Like x 9
  2. Ragnarok Well-Known Player

I went through 300 stabilizers, bought on sale, and was still missing THREE pieces from the Phoenix collection. Deleted my characters and uninstalled PTS and live. Glad to see someone is taking them to task, but I'll never touch this or any DB game again. That's the problem with whales: when the food is scarce and unpleasant, they migrate to other seas. And they don't come back.
    • Like x 4
  3. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

well said. but, neither DBG, or the people playing (the ones left anyway) the game...care. the game is on its way out. and they are just milking it for what its worth. if you need that aura that bad...spend...spend...spend...
  4. Derio 15000 Post Club

Yea. Starting to think the 71$ yearly membership might be my last 1.

Stats matter is a mess. I am starting to think the next TC they are going to add even more feats, and every event will need at least 1000 replays if you want to complete everything.

Thank god for Stormblood
    • Like x 2
  5. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Tell that to the whales who remain :oops:
  6. Kharhaz Committed Player

At least one thing we can all take from this game for the future is this. Any other release with the label Daybreak Game attached to it, we will all know to avoid like the bloody plague. Even parasites are insulted to be linked with them.
    • Like x 5
  7. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

I'm only going to be thankful for Stormblood if I like the other two jobs whatever they may end up being (red mage is okay but not one of my top two jobs which probably won't make it to Stormblood). Granted I still will be happy with it, just not thanking anyone :p
    • Like x 2
  8. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Whales cannot support a game and anyone that has been around games that have failed from this type of business model know that from experience. Those games die from attrition.
    You must appeal to the masses not the few.
    • Like x 1
  9. Kharhaz Committed Player

The masses ARE the whales.
  10. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

I never intended to make it sound like this game is surviving off of whales, I would argue that is where the majority of their profits are coming from (although I suppose we'd probably have to argue how much money one throws at the game to become a whale, but that's a story for another thread).

Also, as of right now the game can claim a "healthy" sub base if they want because I am pretty sure a lot of individuals took the chance at that offer for a year sub at that deep discount.... but how many of those are actively playing might be another thing entirely (and not counting the ones who already think they've subbed their last time at this point). I also think those actively playing might be spending some money without going into "whale" mode.... but I think we both can agree that several whales probably exist still in this game at the moment.
  11. Proxystar #Perception

The reason stats matters is a mess is because I firmly believe the development team are trying to "monetize" changes.

• supercharged mods - only from capsules (returns supercharge - something heavily skewed towards damage in stat revamp)
    • energized mods - only from capsules (reduces power cost - something heavily skewed in a "play from the tray" in revamp)
    • critical attack mods - only from capsules (increases damage - something always influenced in the game)
    • power efficiency mod - only from capsules (decreases cost of power on all moves - see above)
    • accelerated mods - only from capsules (reduces the cooldowns on moves - something heavily changed in stat revamp)
    Not for one moment do I think these haven't been released in anticipation of stat revamp changes.

The only reason there is so much back lash in terms of the stats revamp is because people see the monetization, but also the damage to the game through the monetization of cool downs and power return.

The significant slowing down of combat for example which is a primary staple of this games appeal.
    • Like x 5
  12. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Your comment makes me think about a trip I was on with my wife a few years ago.

I was in Las Vegas a few years ago sitting and eating at a Denny's with my better half. I hear this mother and daughter talking back and fourth in the booth behind us. I start listening because of the concern and nervousness I could here from their tone of voice.

Low and behold
    The daughter asks the mother. How are we suppose to get back home to (state)?
    WE DON"T HAVE ANY MONEY OR OUR CAR!!!!!
    ( I forget what state they were from but it was not an adjoining state to Nevadao_O )

I look over at my better half and asked. Did you just here that?
    She said yes, how can anyone be that dumb. Let alone a mother with her daughter.
    I'm thinking no kidding while nodding my head in agreement with her.

You cannot blame others for your lack of responsibility or impulse control.
    That's all on you and you need to own it.
    All you are doing is pointing fingers and refusing to accept responsibility for your actions.
    It's time to grow up. That 300.00 is all on you.

I'm not defending the TC but you have to realize that you are the one that chose to spend the money.
    • Like x 2
  13. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

I have to agree with you 100% there and it was a major turn off.
  14. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

again, well said. it is not hard to see what they are doing. tc have things you will need. you want them...you must buy them. want the good stuff out of them??? better have lots of money to spend for it, or, have a ton of in game money to buy off the broker. other games have went this way. and they all die soon after...
    • Like x 1
  15. Ragnarok Well-Known Player

A.) I never said $300 worth of stabilizers, I said 300 stabilizers--bought on sale.

B.) F2P games surivive off whales, and keeping the lesser fish happy and fed. Check out any buisness models and metrics for sucessful F2P games and they'll show you that's the case. The problem with DB is that they're keeping NEITHER population happy. No fish, no feeding, no game.

C.) Unlike the hyperbolic example you gave, I am not an adult without impulse control. Spending a set amount of money that doesn't cut into my food, travel or mortgage (paid, acutally) is what responsible adults with jobs can choose to do.

Anyway. I don't play this trainwreck anymore and Lemony Snicket calls. So, peace to all. Lights are off in 2018 from the sounds of it anyway.
    • Like x 2
  16. Kharhaz Committed Player

Lights are out now mate! and nice answer!
  17. light FX Steadfast Player

Imo the idea of the TC having a currency in it that can be used to purchase the TC items u cant get is a good idea. But the problem around here is how ideas are implemented. What i see happening is each box contains 1 mark of whatever. And the ultra rare items would cost 100 or more marks. The message there to players would be spend $100 on keys and open 100 capsules and if u dont get the ultra rare item u can just buy it off the vendor. Problem is there are multiple ultra rare items and not every player has $100 to spend on keys.

Now do i know they would do exactly what i described above? Ofc not. Its only a guess. But with the way things have been lately i wouldnt be surprised at all if my guess is spot on. Ive never heard jack say "I like p2w" and never seen a quote anywhere either. Im not saying it wasnt said, just ive never seen it. But i dont need to read or hear a quote to believe it ;) If there are any more p2w slippery slope things that happen im done. Like gone for good and will never return. If things go in the opposite direction i will stay, but i wont sub until there is a dlc. Another event like anti-monitor with some kind of perk for people who are subbed will not make me sub. I simply dont care anymore about whatever style or feats they might add to it and i wont fall for those tactics anymore either. I sub to dcuo to play dlc content and progress my characters by running that content and achieving/obtaining rewards by running that content.

I also predicted on the 1st page of this thread that people would somehow find a way to twist what we all see going on ingame, the extremely low drop rates on some of these items in the TCs. What is the saying? Common sense isnt too common :p
  18. light FX Steadfast Player

This^ is extremely flawed logic. I could sell a car to someone for $1, which i have done actually, does it mean that is the value of the car? Not at all. I find it mind boggling people say stuff like this. Its like people live in their own little fantasy world sometimes :confused:

Just because u chose to put something up for sale for a very low price or chose to give it away doesnt mean the broker doesnt determine the value of items in the game. The reality is its the only thing we have in the game that determines the value of items.
    • Like x 1
  19. Proxystar #Perception

I'd like to see it work like Overwatch, where it detects a duplicate of something already collected and awards a level of currency based upon that.

That currency is then used to outright unlock other items from a time capsule vendor.

In addition to that there is a chance that instead of a drop you just get awarded different levels of currency.
    • Like x 4
  20. Kharhaz Committed Player

What disgusts me the most is the fact that every drop item has a drop rate, and its controlled by the devs who are monitoring the game, sales, time played etc

I remember saying to my league at one point when it came to drop rates regarding gear, I bet mepps has cursed me, then this thread came along and more or less said "yeah, we can do that"

I have seen people gain gear who have just started, I have seen people with worse luck than me get better drops, and I have seen new players gifted with everything.

Thats the killer for me, and why I dont regret leaving this game. Dickheads control who gets what, so big thanks to Jack, at least he confirmed how fixed everything is.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.