Advance to CR100! Happy 6th Anniversary!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

I don't think the right feats were chosen to give to the new players (the contact feats weren't given at all, as as I've stated previously an actual new member probably isn't going to run across this by normal without being coached, I'm confounded why these didn't make the "list") but I'm not outraged by this decision, I just think the whole thing is silly.

At the end of the day, I'm really starting to be disappointed, by both sides, that things are at the point where were going around saying the same thing to each other... and were making "snotty" comments to each other. I'm fine with being passionate, passion is apart of life and obviously at this point both sides aren't going to agree about this subject... well than can't we just agree to disagree and move on... because at this point things are getting to the point where Wilder is right... folks need to take a step away and eat ice cream.

Although I would recommend cake over ice cream :p , well unless you go whole hog and eat cake without ice cream.
  2. IamINC Dedicated Player

Surely you can see why the people that ground out the feats they have GIVEN away for free are upset no? And before the "here's another self entitled vet ranting" reply's start , I do appreciate the boost as it helps my alts. (because i've learned the game and all roles and got my 223sp through GRINDING content)

People took hours and hours , spent hard earned cash and EARNED the skill points that these feats gave collectively , I'm fine with boosting people to 100cr , without the sp they could jump into old content and farm feats very quickly and at least attempt to try and earn something from the game instead of being handed everything on a silver platter , most of them don't even know how to spec the SP and don't care either , case in point as follows:

I made a new toon (just to see if people were playing older content with the boosts) and at t1 and t2 I did alerts and topped the score board as a fire dps over cr100's that were celestial , munitions , ice and earth mostly , how is this good for the future of the game? , Ace chems was the worst , it took 47 minutes because the group couldn't grasp the mechanics of the chemo fight , I had to get my main to get them through it and I don't want to even start with oolong , strykers and arkham.

At cr61 sp46 and entered lower raid instances from the on duty tab , all I found was cr100 noobs that didn't give a dam about completing the instance , they just wanted to farm the collections and briefings thinking that was all to be gained for style feats and when they did eventually run the raids they nearly always didn't have a clue what they were doing.

I had to explain things in Batcaves (I didn't mind this as there were some genuine new players that needed the raid and hadn't boosted)and had to talk a group full of 100+ boosters through a fos 2 run (resonator and split were particularly painful).

Now having said that , I can appreciate that it may help to get people to sub , it may help some people progress and play content that league mates and friends are already doing ahead of them but they need to at least have some sort of indication given to them as how best to spec the newly earned ... sorry given SP (the devs mistake here imo) because for the life of me I can't see how it will benefit the game at all , it's just frustrating for old players and new unboosted ones too.

now...... bring on the hate :D

Inc
  3. TinoDadzz Active Player

I created a brand new toon 100CR 60 SP however i am not able to get the mission that allows ne to create a base is there some mission somewhere that i need to do and where is it?
  4. SasquaT Dedicated Player

1st u need to finish r&d mission then u will get this mission with base .
  5. TinoDadzz Active Player

Yes thanks i was able to figure it out with a lil help lol. Its been a while since i created a base.
  6. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I wanted to take a moment to thank the devs for taking into account subs. The fact that they gave us 2 advances felt really nice. I hope that they do the same with future promotions. It doesn't always have to be something huge, just something to say, we appreciate you and here's a little something extra for subbing. Thanks for that.
  7. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Sounds time consuming.
  8. Gimpy Loyal Player

Please share those exploited areas, personally I have no fear of being punished by the Devs when they look through the logs.
    Because I don't use exploits.

Otherwise you are just making an empty threat filled with nonsense and the exploits continue to happen.
    • Like x 1
  9. IamINC Dedicated Player

Agreed , i'm the same.
  10. Hood Icon Active Player

xD too funny New players everywhere getting free stuff and I have been paying for! Lmao Thanks DCUO
    • Like x 1
  11. zCooookie New Player

I exactly know what you mean -_-
    • Like x 1
  12. SasquaT Dedicated Player

You need to notice thats farming not exploit .
    Even if reloging take 1-2 minuts 1000 chest takes 24-48 hours non stop reloging sick isnt it ? :)
    Now new feats coming for spending real money which is even more non sense then farming anything 1 milion times .
    Who knows maybe one day devs gona make those feats for free as well its DCUO after all :) nothing is constance .
    Then people gona say omg i have spend 1000 $ for those feats and now they give it for free omg omg how ....... is this :)
    I dont care anymore :)
    Its sad to look where this game is going but life goes on .
  13. Jontay New Player

That crazy I just logged back in after almost a year and these feats just started goin off!
  14. darth_paul Dedicated Player

I'm happy with it. I was able to use one on boosting my ice hero, Incredible Frozone to 100, since he is the one character that I use the least and he was around 49 I believe before the boost, and the other on my main villain, Arbok Commander who was 65, before the boost. Last night I had a blast getting the Commander into all the T4-T6 stuff that I have only so far have been able to do on the hero side, and the alternate villain missions at those tiers that I have been looking forward to doing as well. Now, that I see that a lot of tedious feats also get unlocked that I can use RBs on with my other characters, I welcome the opportunity to do that as well.
  15. Gargamond Dedicated Player

I just skipped from CR 77 to CR100 on my 17th villain alt. Thanks, Daybreak!
  16. Deathen Blazes Active Player

I don't know if this has been answered (I only read the first page), but how many SP would one get for creating a brand new alt and using this 'gift'?

For the record, I won't be using it. Strikes me as just being another handout to those would would rather get where they want to be the quick and easy way instead of grinding and earning it. My alts can stay CR 50 until I get around to leveling them the old fashioned way.
  17. Nydia Level 30

You will get 60sp
  18. Gruffling New Player

I used it out of curiosity has it deleted the level 30 mentor missions because they're not popping up.
  19. Kustonius New Player

As someone who lost my lifetime account during the move from Prosiben (my own fault) this was a god sent since i wanted to start the game again but just couldn't bring myself to level a whole new account this allowed my to jump right back into the fun. Thanks!
  20. Pastor Patrick New Player

Ok so all members get 2 character advances I'm a member and I only used 1 and it's saying I have to pay for my second advance too 100 I thought we get 2?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.