Can The Developers Please post some videos!

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Proxystar, Jan 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Proxystar #Perception

I understand you're busy with working on these re-vamps and I think it's all good and well to test the powers and have the players test the powers, it's also all good and well to write a bunch of stuff down, but as is always a "picture" or in this case a "video tells a thousand words.

I feel as the developers you should know your powers, you should know your vision, you should know how the mechanics work, know what your expectations are for the power, the revamp and how you envision it to work.

What I'm hoping you can do is post some videos of the developers playing the game with the new powers on test server so we, as the community can see how you as 'the developers' intend the game to be played.

We can then see examples of how you're intending to play the game post revamp so that we as players can get a better understanding of what your vision of the game is.

At the moment I feel like the players have our vision and the developers have theirs

What I propose is the developers associated with each power, possibly doing a video of the "felix faust fight" much like users do so we can see what you think should be done.

If this could be done that would be greatly appreciated.
    • Like x 42
  2. TimYam New Player

Yes, Plz Post
    Show Us, how do these power work in a "Developers" point of view
    In fact, in run a raid in these power and show us how wonderful these power in the near future

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
    • Like x 6
  3. light FX Steadfast Player

I agree. I would like to see the devs play the content using powers with this revamp. Every other MMO game ive played ive seen this happen. Especially when a big revamp is happening w/in the game. Show us how they expect things to work by doing it themselves.

And i know someone will inevitably will come in this thread and say they wont do it because players will ridicule them and their play because it has happened in the past when they did a video or livestream. That is nothing more then an excuse. They could put a stop to that immediately by deleting any posts like that and tell people constructive comments only and all others will be deleted. And maybe we could all act like adults too and not post any of that silliness.

And the main reason i want to see the devs testing this stuff is i want to see how they think it should play and work and also because i find the testing now to be somewhat flawed. Because people who have never played a certain power on live then goes onto test and tests it out and then posts feedback and sometimes its very clear they do not understand that power and how it works/plays. Its impossible to get credible feedback that way imo. Because how do the devs know who is giving good feedback and who is giving inaccurate feedback or misinformed feedback? ;)

Like proxy said above id like to see their vision. And just writing that in a post is not the entire picture for me. If these changes are going to make the game better id like to see it and here them explaining it as they play it. Hope this can happen and i think it would make things a lot more clear for everyone.
    • Like x 12
  4. SasquaT Dedicated Player

I totaly agree becouse so far all we saw is " where is my one shoot trinket" .
    • Like x 6
  5. stärnbock Devoted Player

i recently made the same suggestion ^^
    when i tryed the first version, i was like: "what the hell were they thinking?"
    everything felt all over the place, and we had no clues at all...
    if something doesn't feel right, how should a tester know if it is broken,
    or if he is doing it wrong/ not as intended?

therefore: devs must show us how they play!
    keep in mind: FUN is the most important factor for a game.
    first question devs should allways ask themselves BEFORE adjusting things::
    IS THE GAMEPLAY REALY BETTER IF WE CHANGE IT?
    if you try and cant say yes for sure, then go back to work and improove...
    • Like x 2
  6. Harlequin Devoted Player

This should be printed out and used to wallpaper the Daybreak Austin offices.

I agree with Proxy. Mepps points players to official guides on Twitter and here on the boards quite often. Adding a "this is what we're thinking" video to each testing thread is an awesome idea. If they are afraid of the certain roasting they will get from some of the children around here, post them in pinned threads and lock them.
    • Like x 2
  7. xD25x Dedicated Player

Would be a great idea. What better way of communicating their vision for the game than to give us an example.
    • Like x 2
  8. Korvyne Committed Player

Good idea, instead of us testing blind, i felt confused as to what I should be trying when I tried to test. Give us an idea of what's possible in your eyes and where you're going with the pace of combat in the long run.
    • Like x 2
  9. SnowStar Committed Player

Seems reasonable
    • Like x 1
  10. warpaxio Well-Known Player

yes please, cuz now it looks devs themself have no vision and that they look for advice from community. one would think that ppl that create the power and code it's mechanic would know it's ins and outs, and how something should work and what should work the best.

player testing should be there only to discover bugs in already exisitng, tested and balanced enviorment.

we as players are not payed to assure your product quality.
    • Like x 5
  11. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

a live stream and some youtube video's would be nice.
  12. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

I love this idea, I also second that they can off set negative comments by mass deletions (or maybe locks, bans, however they want to handle it). Something like this would actually be incredibly helpful to our community at large and anyone who actually tries to hinder or belittle that process should receive punishment of some sort.
    • Like x 3
  13. xD25x Dedicated Player

Somewhere there is a disconnect. Whether it's between the developers and the playerbase or its the playerbase and the developers vision of the game. I for one would like to know if the developers vision for dcuo is something I would be interested in continuing to take part in.
    • Like x 1
  14. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I would love to play with and talk to the dev's so they can explain their reasons and we can explain our thoughts in real time not through text on the forums.
    • Like x 7
  15. IamINC Dedicated Player

^^ Exactly this Crappy

Playing alongside the players would not only enhance the final quality of the testing process but also bring both us and the devs to a place where both parties can help forge the game into the next phase of it's life span.

Getting the players and the devs together would also give us valuable insight and would also help to banish a lot of the negativity that comes from our frustrations at maybe not understanding where they are taking the game from a playable point of view (and not the cash grabbing p2w s***) where the larger sale changes are concerned

Inc
    • Like x 2
  16. Proxystar #Perception

The reason I'd rather avoid that isn't because it's a bad idea, it's potentially a good one. It's just it creates the potential for anomosity and a perceived "exclusion zone" between the "does get to play with" players and the "don't get to play with" players.

There's already the perception that a group of players have a level of "leverage" when it comes to feedback that I wouldn't really want to create another one.

That's why I felt keeping the forum as open as possible in the form of "videos, then direct feedback, then potentially more feedback would be favourable".

The alternative also being a live stream with live feedback in chat at the time.

I also want to see the developers play by themselves at first because I do not want their 'playstyle' prejudiced by the presence of another player or players. I want to see what the developers vision and play style is 'without any input' in the first instance.
    • Like x 4
  17. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Sadly they'll probably take it as you're challenging them and not do it.
  18. Proxystar #Perception

I actually hope not, this isn't about "can the developers play their own game" or "do they play their own game".

it's about better understanding each other.

I'm hoping that at least on this particular occasion our more mature sides might prevail ;)

no insult intended by that of course!
    • Like x 2
  19. IamINC Dedicated Player

To be fair this is one of the more solid and sensible ideas I've seen on the forum in a while.

When it all comes down to it the dev team and ourselves are on the same side , why shouldn't we work closer together?
    • Like x 2
  20. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I would defiantly love to see them play among themselves but i would also like to play with them to show them how we play things.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.