Advance to CR100! Happy 6th Anniversary!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

TOYMAN mission feats also granted
    • Like x 2
  2. stärnbock Devoted Player

Skipping tutorial: makes sense
    Skipping to lvl25: makes no sense
    Skipping to lvl30: would have been better
    Skipping to cr100: best option so far ^^
    Skipping to cr200: next year please!
  3. Seethra Well-Known Player

DB just cant win. I am very happy with this gift, since it allows me (as someone that has very limited game time) to create the alt I wanted and be ready to share content with my League mates quicker.

It's much appreciated and it's quite disheartening to see that there still are those who feel the need to complain.

I will happily say: THANK YOU DCUO!
  4. SuperNerdGeekOverkill Dedicated Player

thanks, DBG. :) I made an earth hero recently, because I didn't wanna play my earth villain anymore (because villain side). That was just what I needed. I'm glad I held off on leveling that new toon. :) Now the only other thing that needs to happen concerning this toon is that after the removal of AMs & WMs, earth will be viable as a non-pet power. Such a waste earth players don't get to use all these beautiful animations they have at their disposal if they wanna do real dmg at this time. Hope that changes soon.

Now while I agree that this likely won't benefit the quality of total newcomers and inexperienced players, it will probably bring more players to endgame.

just a minor error with the box:
    the unattuned gear boxes dropping from the one gear box claim (in the mouseover description) that they award the toon with an item "Min Item Level: 100; Max Item Level: 100", when in fact they award CR88 & CR87 gear, which give you a combined CR of 100. Maybe you want to fix that.
  5. jamiejacket Well-Known Player

There is just no pleasing some people.
  6. Carbon Based Unit Well-Known Player

Yes, I actually got a few things done, like Bludhaven (where I have only managed to get a group once) and the orange barrals (which I needed 100 more of,) and treasure chest (which I needed like a ton of.) Things like that, odds and ends I had missed or needed help to do but never found anyone willing. So there is some value in removing annoyance factor for a person who has done a lot.

On the other hand, I can still see the point of the seasoned players that are saying, "But I had to sweat blood for that!" or words to that effect. You get to just go "presto" I got all these feats done.

And, feats don't transfer without $$$. So this is still a money grab by Daybreak, and not a thankyou for helping us be here for 6 years. if they want cash, fine. They need to be profitable... just don't call it a gift.
    • Like x 1
  7. Carbon Based Unit Well-Known Player

Talk to Ambush Bug. I hear he has argyle socks.
    • Like x 1
  8. Carbon Based Unit Well-Known Player

Highly doubtful. See, they are doing all the Stats Matter stuff on the test servers, Why invest all that time and money if they are not going to use it.

Instead, it is more likely that haters are just spreading manure around in an effort to FUD things up. That is Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt. FUD is used by politicians and social engineers to try and mess with things. Why? because it works a lot of the time! Look at most political campaigns and they are all about scaring people away from the competition and to them. Well, CC scammers, haters, and so on use the same tactics to hurt people/companies they don't like, want to steal from, and so on. FUD is a useful tool for those with low morals.
    • Like x 2
  9. Permafrost Imp Active Player

Trexlight said in his stream today, because another person asked, and he said that this game has plenty of juice left to last a couple of years, and even then, they may have more to use.

You're right, Daybreak can't win. No matter what you give them, the players aren't satisfied. Ignore the uneducated and have fun with your league.
  10. Seethra Well-Known Player

Agreed.
    They wouldnt bother investing time and resources with a stats revamp if they were approaching their end of life for DCUO.

Oh and also thanks, I will certainly enjoy my time and the gifts from DCUO :)
  11. spack2k Steadfast Player

I did not want to push to hard and create two villains :oops:
  12. krytine Loyal Player

Ok not bad points but how are they nerfing cr? They are not. The game changed to make it easier for players to do things in the game. Now you will have to learn things and earn your way. Oh and congrats on have 115 and you should be good when you get to about 130 to 150 to do things well and it is easy now to have that kind of sp
  13. Solstice Vanguard Well-Known Player

It's people like you and the many here that trash the developer for not viewing the incentive on the purpose of this release.

First off, if you're a F2P gamers you choose from one character out of how many "alts" that you have to boost to 100. If you're a member, you get to choose two

I have 11 characters. I chose one. I can spend 100MC for the others, which would round out just $5 to spend for a total of 5 other remaining low characters that I have.

The purpose of this promotion is to feature an option for players of many characters on their account. If you can't take responsibility to spread accurate knowledge to newbies thats willing to learn the game and aren't in the know instead of feeding players just how *dumb* DCUO is, you're contributing to the toxicity of this community.

Simply put, common sense us no longer common these days and many don't see the benefits of what DBG has been doing to improve upon a broken gane that needed a clean up.

No offense but next time, think before you post. Research before you actually echo the idiocy that's lain in the forums.
  14. Xibo Loyal Player

For who's over 290 SP it's, in fact, a ridiculous gift! :rolleyes:
  15. Xibo Loyal Player

Who cares? With Stats Matter we've got now all automatic, so....
  16. krytine Loyal Player

I will say i am a little upset about the 60 sp they have granted in tue lower content. 1000 chest most of the duos and solos. I mean i grinded that out and earned them now its a freebie. I dont understand that part tye rest is cool i even understand the style feats well maybe but the rare grinding ones no one wanted to do thats just wrong to give them away like candy
    • Like x 1
  17. Nuclear Winter Well-Known Player

Good for some, but with 18 characters already (and zero interest in making more) this is of zero use, same as it is for those players who opt to have only one character or those who've maxxed out their allotted character spaces.

I'm also afraid this 'gift' will be more of a 'curse' for those of us who'll have to deal with the incoming wave of inexperienced players who suddenly catapulted through the vast majority of the game's content, with that much less understanding of its mechanics. Wasn't progressing without learning already quick & easy enough...?

Just my 2¢...
    • Like x 1
  18. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

I'm thinking DCUO 2.0 is closer than we think.
    I'm seeing the Revamp as testing for the new platform.
    This Quick Leveling and Free Feats points in that direction.
  19. Nuclear Winter Well-Known Player

A few considerations which obviously did not occur to you prior to posting that nasty little rant:
    • not everyone wants a new toon
    • not everyone can make one due to having maxxed out available character slots
    • not everyone is thrilled to to play with players who will know even less about game and role mechanics by skipping to 100cr
    • quite a few players who had to do the actual grind of getting a toon to 100cr/60sp feel (justifiably) slighted over now being able to simply buy one (this exemplifies the "pay-to-win" issue even more than the time capsules do)
    • quite a few players have all of their toons above 100cr already
    I could go on, but suffice to say that if there is to be a 'gift' to the player base then it should be of equal value to all. All previous years' gifts -- the cape, cake/fireworks trinkets, DC promo poster, Tom- & Servo-bots, DBG emblem, and the orrery -- might not have been "useful" per seto all players but that's a matter of personal choice; they were something that everyone could use if desired.

A major difference with this year's award is that it's only of value to some, so there is an actual and objective reason that some of us are disappointed. Also, to expand on bullet #3 ... this gift for some could easily become quite the opposite for others, should the player pool become diluted by "Presto-100s" who: haven't learned how to play their role, have little/no idea how powers work and work together (PIs), or have no idea how to play alongside others due to never having run a raid, alert, or duo.

For the record, to see who really comes across as a "brat" here you need look no further than a mirror.

I bid you good day.
    • Like x 4
  20. SuperBell Loyal Player

I don't dislike the "gift". I'm sure I'll use it. But I am disappointed. After so much negativity being generated the last several months, I had some small optimism that the Anniversary the Devs would do something really cool to gain back some good faith. Instead they introduce a new money making feature (though I'm not against them making money) and give Legendary members 2 free passes (out of 16 characters granted by being Legendary) which the longer you've been playing, they less useful they are.

I'm imagining who ever is the head decision making over there going, "What, you gave people a Servo and TOM-bot? For free? You didn't make it a rare item in an Anniversary box? Or the reward for completing a 12 piece collection the players have to hunt for, and sell special Anniversary Radar Enhancers on the Marketplace? You just gave it to them? For FREE?"

But I'm really worried about the future of the game. I was never one of those people who said for the last six years, "this game is dead". But things feel different now. I feel like once an investment company takes over, they are looking to make as much money as possible as quickly as they can, then gut everything and shut the doors and move on to the next business to invest in.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.