Advance to CR100! Happy 6th Anniversary!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

• Like x 1
  2. Harlequin Devoted Player

SUPER GREAT!
    • Like x 6
  3. Hraesvelg Always Right

When I recruit, I would use 100CR as a floor. It was right in the range where I figured someone would have learned some of the basics, but before they learned many bad habits I'd have to break. Guess I'll have to find a new equilibrium point.
    • Like x 2
  4. Helderman Dedicated Player

Bunch of ungrateful *******. Thank you very much Daybreak, I have no time to level up an alt and i finally will be able to advance one or two of my villains.
    • Like x 2
  5. Permafrost Imp Active Player

That's only because nobody in-game would be willing to tutor the new players into how to properly settle into the game, so they're left to their own devices.

I'd take the time off farming gear for my troll role to happily teach the poor saps a thing or two.
    • Like x 1
  6. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

I Like the level boost but I sure do like the yearly style items like this one from one of my original characters better.

TBH, I am not sure that I will use one of the boosts.
    I bet there will be a bunch of players that use them and love it.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  7. Carbon Based Unit Well-Known Player

Well, since this is the AM fest, they coul;d have done something Quardian. A Q pet trinket that does some Q effect on the opponent, an Anti-M guise trinket, or something just as trivial but unique and mailed to every peron on A day, never to be seen again.
  8. Pack_Mane Well-Known Player

i was expecting a trinket

But

Something's better than nothing

I advise everyone take advantage of this and run seasonals at the least with your new toons
  9. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

We have been informed that it's actually $25.

So now it's the same price as advance to level 25. I wonder if that's just going to be pulled or if they will lower the price on that option (not like it would matter to me in either case).
  10. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

Stop crying for once, people.

This is a VERY nice gift for once, and it is useful. My wife used one and so did I on powers we never used before and are actually having fun for once in content we long stopped running due to no need. This is great for once.
    • Like x 4
  11. tukuan Devoted Player

Given the volume of CR100 players I saw in the HoP1 raids today, it would seem to be popular decision. I'm not sure if it was in demand beforehand or if those same people would pay for it but it's definitely being used.

In fact I had to chuckle myself as I powered most of my alts up to just north of 100 over the pre AFIII gap so I've been running them through T6 content from time to time. Today I logged on without checking the forum and ran Artifacts only to have a group with no one over 105CR which was odd to say the least. Then I ran Lockdown and got the same except one 150 player. I didn't clue in what was going on until someone mentioned it in chat.
    • Like x 1
  12. tukuan Devoted Player

Where are the extra SP coming from? Do they just complete the exploration and solo feats?
  13. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  14. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I mean I feel for the people that put a lot of work into some of the feats, or that expected something that could benefit them, but the way I see it, it's free with no strings attached. I'm 189 with 256 SP, I would love for something I could use for my main, but after the time capsule spam, it's a huge relief to see something that actually helps the community given out for free (Dont bring up "more low cr people that don't know what they're doing" we already have a good amount of that :rolleyes:).

A lot of you complaining sound like entitled spoiled brats. If you don't use alts, I'm sorry you saw no use in this, but like I said already, a gift is a gift regardless if you wanted it or not. Take it and put it to use.
    • Like x 3
  15. Kharhaz Committed Player

What next? 100 one hit kills to help you out even more? or how about 3,000 forum posts to make it look like you have a standing? Infinite health for the next raid, duel, alert, etc or how about a free trainer where it doesn't matter how you play, you simply cannot lose! press a button and get the lot!

I am so glad I stopped playing this game, my god it has sunk lower than the U bend on my toilet.
  16. xxOMNIPOTENTxx Committed Player

Guess its about time to get that Platinum trophy I've been avoiding like the plague. 3 heroes with different mentors, now I need to do it on the villain side.
  17. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Look through your missions, you may still have introductory missions to complete. The normal path is: Explore HQ, Vault, intro to R&D, then Home Sweet Home, I believe.
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Christmas or whatever may have spoiled you...but the way it usually works, you don't get to ask what you want for your "gift". Someone gives you something because they appreciate you, you accept graciously and move on. You don't berate the gift giver just cause you got something you didn't ask for.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  19. Permafrost Imp Active Player

This is exactly the point I've tried to make. It's a gift, and hell, it's a useful one at that.
    • Like x 3
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Everyone DOES benefit from this gift. That you don't see it useful for yourself doesn't negate that at all. Also, you contradict yourself by saying you "don't mind the gift but....".
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.