Advance to CR100! Happy 6th Anniversary!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Here2Help Devoted Player

Well I don't think anyone has a 'right' to use my help haha. But nevertheless, I help people that I feel deserve it and that mainly boils down to their personality and not if they used a boost or not.
  2. Here2Help Devoted Player

So now there are people complaining over there? Because you said before the game had none at all (the quote is below if you "forgot"). Make up your mind please.

3. bmce84 Loyal Player

just 2 minutes ago a player was complaining to another player about wanting to use 2 tanks for GoM just because his group didn't need to, if you pay attention to Trade, Shout and sometimes LFG you would be amazed at how players really threat each other.
  4. bmce84 Loyal Player

I was wrong and I admit it, doesn't change the fact that people still play that game and do help each other, something that it would be a miracle in this game.
    • Like x 1
  5. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

I know a lot of trolling goes on in all the shouts (I have been guilty of trolling shout chat, back when the game was more "populated") and I'm "okay" with it as long as it's half good natured (and all the times I trolled I, trolled folks who were trolling others) and sometimes it can be quite entertaining. Yet the divides that we put up constantly (the beyond silly ones that you know are dumb in your heart of hearts) in the game always astound me and I prefer to not encounter them.
  6. Msstat1c Committed Player

Fair enough.
  7. Carbon Based Unit Well-Known Player

I had to do that run like 20+ times to get that thing off my mission tab... Yah, I could have hid it, but I wanted to do it once.
  8. Carbon Based Unit Well-Known Player

One day I just turned off Shout, Say, and a bunch of things just to get rid of the spam. So much less junk in the box now. I was not a fan of the trolls, but I detest the spam with every fiber of my being.
  9. light FX Steadfast Player

I disagree on the concept. Like i posted in another thread, the game is plagued by players who have no idea how to play. They dont know anything about the roles and just spam dual pistols. If u try to help these people u get ignored or get rudeness in return. There isnt a small amount of these players in the game, there is very many. I can throw a dart in any direction with my eyes closed and hit one. So letting people skip a ton of content that would help them learn is not a good thing imo.

Something should of been done for the loyal players who stay subbed year round and keep f2p people out of it. Open episodes twice in 6 months and now this :rolleyes:
  10. light FX Steadfast Player

Look at my sig. See my toons? How do i use this "gift"? Btw i have 3 other toons not listed that are 107cr, 142cr and 154cr. Ive spent thousands of dollars on this game over 4 years and have only dropped my sub twice for a total of 1.5 months. So please explain to me how this has any value to me and how i would even go about using it? Create a new toon u will probably say. Well i will just say keeping up the ones i already have takes a lot of time. I dont have time for another 1. I already have 6 which is more then most players. So for me this is worthless. And because i dont like it im a "spoiled brat"? No, fail. This is more of the people who live in their own little bubble and think their experience is the experience of all players and that everyone plays the game the same way they do. Its extremely ignorant.

If others like the gift great. But dont call people who dislike it brats. If someone gave u a gift for christmas that u literally couldnt use at all would u praise that as a great gift? Would u even call it a gift? There have been 2 "gifts" in the last 2 weeks. The anniversary event and now this. And imo its clear some people dont understand the concept of a gift ;)
    • Like x 1
  11. OP Arina New Player

On the plus side, it auto grants certain feats. On the other side, that sucks for those of us who completed those feats in full. I guess if you're currently building an alt, that's cool. Doesn't really benefit others much else.
  12. OP Arina New Player

Probably the best thing I've read all day.
    • Like x 1
  13. Defcon 0ne Well-Known Player

Maybe if the "gift" didn't have a expiration date on it I would be more appreciative on this so called "gift". That way when water is released this "gift" would come useful if i wanted to make a new toon.
    • Like x 2
  14. Permafrost Imp Active Player

It's time this thread got a doctor with a second opinion.

So I can tell the majority hate the gift, and that's acceptable, but can we at least think of the pros and cons to these and not jump to conclusions? If that's hard, then there's something wrong.

Pros:
    - Being at CR 100, it makes life easier running lower tier content and earning feats. Yes, 100 CR is nice, but the 59 SP needs an increase, and lower tier content feats are made that much easier.
    - It gives new players a chance at researching their role and being able to say, "Gee wiz, Tommy, I'll finally be able to tank/heal/troll/DPS!"
    - It's nice to be at triple digits in terms of CR and use the Traces of Time gear to be able to manage with fights and such that are otherwise hard.

Cons:
    - If you're already over 100 CR, it's only good for alts.
    - The feats you get when advancing are already easy to get and it still leaves the ones that are a pain to obtain.
    - If you're new to DCUO and with no clue what's going on, advancing to CR 100 would potentially be a bad idea.

In conclusion, it's good and bad. What we do need is a secondary gift, something that holds value, something that you can have on you and it's there to see. Something like a backpack that takes the appearance of the Daybreak logo, for example. While the gift to advance to CR 100 is a great main meal, most of us are still begging for desserts.
  15. Gamer_Liko Well-Known Player

Guess they don't want new players to play old content..
    • Like x 1
  16. Permafrost Imp Active Player

Or you could persuade the new players to run old content for feats, and it lets them play them for a reason.
  17. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

I do not see anything wrong with this considering that there are more than a couple MMO's that offer level boosts. Good or bad, at least you guys are trying to offer what other MMO's are offering.

Some players will love this and others will hate it. I like making and leveling up characters and others don't.

I do have one question. I have not looked at all of the thread so I might have missed it.

How many SP does the 100 level power boost offer?
  18. light FX Steadfast Player

Bro some people just cannot see the big picture. Its really that simple. Even if u explain it to them a hundred different ways and use charts, graphs, analogies, and 1000 examples they just cant see it. Sometimes they refuse to see it. But more often then not they are simply incapable of seeing it. I think it boils down to intelligence. Im by no means calling anyone dumb. But not every person has the same IQ and saying that isnt anything someone should be surprised by. Remember all the concern when the ultimate sodas were announced and quite a few people warned this is a slippery slope? And how many people were like "Nah nothing to see here. These sodas are fine." Well look at where things are now ;););)
    • Like x 1
  19. Permafrost Imp Active Player

59, which is respectable, but I do suggest running lower content to boost your SP.
  20. Gamer_Liko Well-Known Player

We have this issue now with players in general not knowing anything. Having this CR and gear will allow them to blow thru content and wont even give them a chance to practice their role. So when they go to 100+ content they will die like a slaughter of lambs.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.