Dev Discussion Anniversary Event: Centennial Collapse

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Charon, Jan 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

New time capsules = same old useless stuff
  2. TimYam New Player

I have 2 Question on The 5 min Speed feat "Time Dilation",
    1. The 5 min is for the whole fight?
    2. Is the cutsence time include with 5 min or not,

If feat want us to finish in 5 mins, But the Raid not let us in until 0.45 and the final cutsence is about 20 sec, so we only have 4 min to do 9 shard, burn boss to 25%, kill 20 shadow, and the burn the boss...

(even we use bomb we only can do in 6.33)

So let us know how do the timer in this feat...

P.S I have fun doing this event, thx for the good work

:):):) :):):) :):):)
  3. Millbarge Developer

The timer doesn't start until you KO the first enemy.
    The timer stops when Anti-Monitor is defeated - before the cutscene fires.

Edit: If I had to guess...your group was probably within ~20 seconds of the feat.

-Millbarge
  4. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

It might have been fun if it were tested. I ran this once last night. I was also out of power the entire time. This past DLC and the event are a little odd, and no one seems to talk about it. Zeus with his half health and we are all buffed to 230. Why? More of not being able to balance, maybe?

This whole thing seems like a rushed grindy pile of doodoo. None of the rewards, like the first capsules. This is a bad event, and I don't really want to see it every year.

Testing devs, it is important. Maybe spend some of the money from this event and pay some testers. Player testing is not going to be bias and cover all aspects of the game.
    • Like x 1
  5. Ichiro Loyal Player

I really wanted to like this event, but it is not fun more of a drawn out chore list of an instance that has no real challenge other than to waste time.

First part destroy shards:
    The shards and mobs have too high defense and Hp for the make up of a group. The quantity, distance between spawn points, and mob shields just puts a player to sleep rather than engaging them in the content

Level 5 is pretty much just off the ship level with 2 powers, maybe 3 skill points, and no access to your support role. Players at these level will either fail or be a hindrance to their groups due to not having access to there full powers or potential. Level 6 - 30 will not fare any better due to these restrictions.

Yeah I get it the you want the 2 minute feat to be hard to get and we are supposed to use the bombs to do it, but for the average group not even looking to do the feat this is a snooze fest.

I highly recommend reducing the health of all items and reducing the number from 9 to 3 or 4 to prevent the group from falling asleep half way through.

Second part attack anti monitor:
    Anti Monitor has too high defense and HP for a seasonal instance. again this is not a fun encounter it is just a time sink were we sit there attacking in between cc moves.

The stuns, knock backs, CC moves anti monitor does every half second is just annoying. it is Jesse in deep desires annoying. why do you think that a stun to interrupt you every half second is challenge. This is simply just an attempt to make the instance last longer by forcibly preventing am damage and nothing more. There is no mechanic here.

I would say anti monitor is tank and spank but really he is just spank and there is nothing for a tank to do with anti monitor. He doesn't aggro. you can't counter him, and he just stands there in that one spot the whole fight. he might as well just be a statue of and ice player with there left arm sticking out the entire time.

Recommend you remove the constant stuns there really is no point to these. I also recommend reducing the health and defense to the damage potential of a level 5 players powers.

Third part shadow Demon prevention:
    Question are the demons supposed to spawn already next to anti monitor so he can absorb then without anyone even having a chance to stop them?

This part is also drawn out and the shadow demons have too high health and defense. At first glance this seemed like a great tank or 2 tank part of the raid but sadly the shadow demons can be immune to pulls. What looked like the only tank mechanic quickly became just everyone run and attack them as fast as you can. Also annoying in this part is anti monitor continues his never ending stuns attempting to slow burn and draw out the time frame in this section. stun and cc moves are fine. stuns and cc moves continuously is stupid.

The spawns of the demons seems random as well. sometimes we would get mobs of them all at once and in other runs we would only get a few at a time. this needs to be more consistent.

I would say this part was not fun but i was already falling a sleep during this part and having a hard time keeping my eyes open due to the lack of engaging content.

Recommendation: reduce the health of shadow demons to be more appropriate to the damage potential of a level 5's potential. Remove anti monitor's participation in this part (just turn him into a statue), Make the spawns more consistent. Reduce the spawn point so 2 tank or even one tank can effectively cover the area, remove adds resistance to pulls.

Fourth part Anti matter sleep fest i mean fight again:

See above part 2 for entire description of this part again. is there any real need to repeat part 2. I feel like I'm Bill Murray in groundhog day repeating this again. To be honest I killed myself several times during this part of the fight on purpose. Think of it as my character committing sui cide rather than be in this instance any longer. There is nothing really that interest fighting a statue with his arm sticking out with his phaser on continuous stuns.

I would recommend just skipping this fight altogether and proceeding to the you won banter.

Conclusion:
    This event was supposed to be designed for all levels but clearly the under 30 crowd will struggle sue to the high NPC health pools and the low damage potential they have. They will also struggle to stay alive with the inferior soda's. Yes we are supposed to use the bombs but really if were not doing the feat should we really need to use the bombs.

Anti monitor fight is not fun it is more of a chore. constant stuns is not a mechanic. a boss that just stand there is not interesting. This high health pools, large quantity of objectives, and prevention of damage to increase time is undesirable.

Tanks are not needed in this content which was disappointing. Every mechanic for a tank has been removed from this game.

it is just something to sleep through i have thoughts of just leaving my character at the beginning and going to make a sandwich while everyone else does the tedious job of completing the chores.

Recommend in the future when content is supposed to be design for all levels that it be designed for the potential of lowest level capable of getting in there. If you want us to take longer in the instance create challenge not chores.
    • Like x 8
  6. Millbarge Developer

I just fixed this issue internally. We'll get it pushed out to the Live Servers soon™.

-Millbarge
    • Like x 2
  7. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Lol, how about fixing the power back issue? Maybe they won't go thru so many sodas.
  8. Charon Lead Content Designer

The Qwa-Bombs from the exterior event can be used against the Shards (as well as the Qwardians) to take the Shards down pretty quickly. They currently do about 40 percent of current health.

The Exobyte Interference Shield protects you from the majority of the Anti-Monitor’s CC components, although I think one got missed (the levitate attack) so that will get fixed soon. These consumables also prevent the debuffs but allow the buffs to persist from the anti-exobyte machines.

The anti-gravity wells were never preventable by the buffs but we will be changing that soon too based on feedback.

The tooltips for both consumables will be updated with the proper information.

Also, it will soon take less damage to finish off the Anti-Monitor in the last phase of the instance.
    • Like x 7
  9. Korlick Loyal Player

So...whats the deal when you cant do anything? i mean...cant use powers, cant use consumables, cant use trinkets, cant even block. Nothing.
    I guess the Exo-shields protect you from that, but if you get caught you cant use the Exo-Shields...so whats the deal here? you either die or just stand there doing nothing.
  10. Millbarge Developer

Where did this occur? We removed any suppress effects from the instance. Looking at the data, it's not active and has been turned off for a while now.
    Any info you have would be appreciated.

-Millbarge
  11. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

There's invisible damage in the raid. and idk what it was that hit me.
  12. tukuan Devoted Player

So the opening with Cacl & Oracle shouldn't count towards the speed feat.
  13. Korlick Loyal Player

It happens during the Anti-Monitor fight. It happens at least once every time i run the instance. Sometimes its just a moment and sometimes its longer. I just did it on one of my alts, and it happened during the shadows phase and lasted until the group defeated the Anti-Monitor.
  14. TimYam New Player

Thx for Tip

Millbarge

I will test new method to do this feat
  15. Great Architect Loyal Player

I'm loving the flavour of the Anniversary event, as well as the mechanics for pretty much all of the content, but could you please reduce the number of spawn points for Qwardians in Metropolis Open World? With the Sons Of Trigon Cultists, the Heroic/Villainous Acts spawns, and the large incidence of Qwardian spawns, they are occluding the Central City Bounty spawns to an unreasonably large degree. This has been most obvious in Metropolis around Star Labs / Suicide Slums, putting Starfire and Cyborg on the Endangered Species list :).
    • Like x 1
  16. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Please REMOVE ALL Qwardian spawn points in Metro. They should only be seen in the Anti-matter area where you collect the Anniversary event dailies.
    • Like x 1
  17. bmce84 Loyal Player

Aren't this the very things we told you on test that where issues and it still took until after it got to Live, that's a good 3 weeks before you guys finally decided to listen.
  18. Vicious Well-Known Player

If this is true then there's no way the feat is working as intended. I know a group that had an end-game screen time of 5:5X and they didn't get the feat. There's almost a minute of cutscenes/NPC dialogue at the start of the raid alone.
    • Like x 1
  19. warpaxio Well-Known Player

we were trying the feat 5 times, 3 times we failed on 1st day thinking the timer starts right away. after we got info next day, on when the timer starts and ends, we had 2 attempts and got it on the 2nd try. idk if it bugged out for other ppl, but for us it worked as the dev described. end timer was 6:xx since we took some time at start to position ppl around the map
  20. light FX Steadfast Player

Feat done, today. Took a total of 5 attempts. 3 yesterday and 2 today. 5 attempts to work out the kinks and get our strategy down. Its not that hard, believe me. Yea u need some decent players and everyone on the same page and communication but definitely doable.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.