Looking back

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by chaoticRE, Jan 3, 2017.

1. chaoticRE Well-Known Player

As 2017 starts and a new year with DC starts I'm just looking back as to how much time (5 years with many breaks) and money (most likely over 4 grand and no not rich at ALL) I've spent on this game being only 17 haha. If you ask me what I've gained from this game, I'd respond with- nothing.

But there is something I always play for and always come back for. It's that feeling you get when you get that last piece of gear. When you finally get an item you've been wanting for so long. A rare collection to show off to your mates.

It's so instantaneous and then it dissappears and we or more probably I play to feed that desire to feel it again. So as the year begins and DCUO still continues to go in a direction that you may or may not want, just think of the real reason you play and what you can tell everyone who asks you why you play this even though it in reality holds no merit.

GL in 2017 all :)
    • Like x 1
  2. light FX Steadfast Player

I play to have fun and be entertained. When it stops being fun and entertaining ill be done. Atm its getting very close to the end for me because of the direction the game is going in. Im not a fan boy but i did read comics as a kid so i do geek out occasionally with the game. But the $ aspect has gotten to be too much at the start of 2017. I know there are a few other games out there i can go play and get more bang for my buck. If the direction dcuo is taking continues then ill be taking my $ elsewhere.
    • Like x 2
  3. StupidCarrot29 Well-Known Player

From your post I think you got it a bit wrong.... What can a game offer you appart from satisfaction and enjoyment? Also what did you expect it would offer you? Money? Friends?
    • Like x 2
  4. MaverickRaven657 Well-Known Player

Yeah, exactly.
    • Like x 1
  5. coco Committed Player

For me it was usually that feeling I got when I healed the inevitable, or when someone came in my base & said wow as juvenile as that sounds. Finally! That feeling your talking about is exactly why people make 'I quit threads', or get called cry babies, or fanboys, someone leaves but still posts in forums, etc. For most of us though when is enough, enough? Most of us are not going to keep feeding that desire though, even if it's knocking on the door, whereas some give into it. It's about making a stance to change things, or going. Thanks for posting that though I can see that your not just 1 of those brown nosers, that go on ignore immediately. Respected post.

GL to you as well!
  6. chaoticRE Well-Known Player

I simply stated what I play for. We all play and get the same thing- nothing. So if the game doesnt offer what you want anymore I'm just saying re-evaluate why you play.
    • Like x 1
  7. Zlohsac Committed Player

You know, this sort of sums up where i'm at with this game. I'm subbed but I play for maybe an hour a week, if that. I just have no desire to log on anymore. I remember I used to love playing this game for hours and hours every day and I couldn't wait to get home from work to play. I loved everything about this game. But then one day that desire was gone. I unsubbed in January of last year and came back in June. Forced myself to play until October, hoping that desire and enjoyment for this game would come back, but it hasn't. Logging on felt like a chore and I realized, it's gone, that "magic" or whatever it was that made me want to put endless hours into this game because I loved it so much is gone, and it's not coming back. And that's ok, this game will go on and provide fun and entertainment for those that still enjoy it.

Bashing this game and saying it sucks or that it's dying is an objective opinion. I got caught up in that when I took a break last year, I think I was mad that I didn't enjoy it anymore. Truth is, there are still lots of people that still play and enjoy DCUO so they have to be doing something right...right?