Amazon Time Capsule Collections Drop Rate

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kayla El, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Kayla El Committed Player

Without the feat attached to it the price would be half that much at best.
    • Like x 1
  2. Bose Well-Known Player

Yep, you're probably right. But they won't move feats from Time Capsules, cause they seem to want this game to go further P2W.
  3. Kayla El Committed Player

If they keep loosing players because of it eventually they will have no choice but to remove them. I've said it before and i will say it again it's a good enough reason for me personally to stop playing the game. I am partially guilty for giving them the false assumption that i like this monetizing system by spending 200$ this time around on stabilizers but after seeing how bad the drop rates for some of the collections are they can be sure that i will never support the game like this ever again.

This thread has proven to me that there are enough people out there who feel the same way as i do. Even if they improve the drop rates for some of these items for future time capsules i will still not buy a single stabilizer because i'm tired of this rng business practices and i'm also tired of feats being attached to them. I am more then happy to spend money and support the game on direct purchases but not on rng capsules with feats attached to them.
    • Like x 3
  4. Bose Well-Known Player

Could not have said it better myself. +∞
    • Like x 1
  5. recoil Committed Player

yep. hopefully next time they'll ask us what they can do for more financial gain. like maybe more styles in market place and iconic drops from iconic bosses. and like maybe a trigon themed base item pack in market place with new items.
    • Like x 1
  6. cassi Well-Known Player

I stopped after $30.00. On top of the 2 subs I pay for monthly ...I have had it. I really wanted the material, and finally came to the realization I will never get it. I never have more than 3 mill game money so the arm and leg people want for it in broker is just as unacheivable as the boxes. DC has changed way to much as of late. Soon as my year sub I paid for runs out, I am outta here. Subs shouldn't be nickled and dimed like this...that should be reserved for non paying players, sorry DC but soon as they went to Daybreak, it was nothing but all about every cent they could milk.
    • Like x 2
  7. BumblingB I got better.

A note on rarity. Phoenix material collection is very rare out of the three. The Hades one is way common. This is kind of ridiculous TBH. The last sets were equal this one is way more designed to force players to buy. That is all.
    • Like x 3
  8. Kayla El Committed Player

Yep sadly it's not the developer's fault but the company's behind it. It's a shame they put so much time and effort year after year into bringing out the best the game has to offer and then suddenly see things falling apart little by little because of some uninspired business decisions.
  9. Kayla El Committed Player

There are a ton of cosmetic items that people would gladly pay money for to have but again as direct purchases and without feats attached to them. It's not too late for them to give this idea a real shot and i'm hoping they will at least consider it.
  10. Kayla El Committed Player

Which is what i don't understand in the first place i mean people will gladly support the game why did they feel the need to force us in such a way? Is the game in a cash crisis and we don't know? Really hope that's not the case and it's nothing more then just a poor business decision.
  11. recoil Committed Player

i honestly feel base items are threadbare. places like trigon's prison and mannheim's chinese theater have some of the best elaborate decor and yet we don't have any items from them as base items. those would make good money as themed base item packs in mp.
  12. Guy Streakerson Level 30

It seems they have also lowered the Shim'Tar gear drop rate! :(
  13. Kayla El Committed Player

If this is true than that's just sad...
  14. VariableFire Loyal Player

I have to wonder if the increased exobytes was also part of that plan. I have an alt whose bank was filled with exobytes. Pre-ATC I could sell a few off now and again. Now...common collection pieces sell for more.
    • Like x 1
  15. Kayla El Committed Player

Talked with a friend yesterday in game and he said this is only the beginning things will get much more worse from now on.
  16. VariableFire Loyal Player

Double irony- they also managed to devalue their other products, as R&D scanners are kind of pointless as well.
    • Like x 2
  17. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

When they price items that are highly desired to make a decent profit, like the Batman Cowl, people balk at the $20 price tag...even though it's redeemable on all toons (present and future) and there's ZERO RNG. You have the Aura packs, and people came on the forums to *itch and moan because they felt $14 was too much for the aura pack (with again, no RNG) and instead only wanted individual auras (and in some cases admitted they wanted NONE of them).

In every post about something new cosmetics-wise I see a few individuals poo-poo on it instead of just reading the info, and starting a different thread asking for what they actually want (constructive vs negative). Everytime someone suggests that they put more items direct in the marketplace, they make the same kind of statements: "we would gladly support the game through direct purchases" or "It'll sell easily" or some other variation of those statements. The truth is that sadly, a large majority of paying players want to avoid paying anything above their subs or Episode purchases.

The reason why the time capsules work compared to direct purchase items is that they've tapped into most player's psychological blindspot: their near pathological need to be the strongest or at the bleeding edge. The proof: the fact that no matter how anyone crunches the numbers, the skillpoints derived from these capsules is a drop in the bucket compared to everything available in the game that people have already payed for. And even cumulatively, it still won't make this overwhelming difference people make it out to be. Knowing this fact, people STILL act like you won't be able to "win" without these 4+ skill points in their respective capsules. Hence people dropping way more for these items than they have or would for direct purchases.

Now mind you, there people who do buy the non-rng items in the marketplace...i'm one of them. But there are plenty here who proudly exclaim they won't, either because of some warped principle or because they don't like said item (which is fair in itself, but why come here and complain about what you're not buying instead of campaigning for what you would buy). Since people don't do as they say (buying the items that come into the marketplace directly), they've chosen to go the RNG/Progression Carrot route. And it's making them a mint. I have no proff, so this is mere speculation, but i'd be willing to bet that a lot of people who didn't buy the batcowl or aura packs or Bombshell Harley style, probably spent more on stabilizer keys for either version of capsules than they have for all direct purchase cosmetics offered this year combined.

Look at it from the company's perspective for just a moment: You put these digital items in the marketplace after using resources to create them (yes, it's code not physical items...the principal still stands) and they sell either moderately well or sell very sporadically. As a company you're looking for a more steady revenue stream, and those items aren't doing it. Meanwhile you use things that are already in place within the game (feats, a sprinkling of RNG, a "healthy" drop rate for the boxes and the opposite for keys) and it's ka-ching time.

My biggest issue is that we don't get more direct purchase cosmetic items added alongside the RNG stuff...so people who do want to support the game directly have the option to do so, while getting something cool they want.
    • Like x 1
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

They'd probably would say differently if they were allowed to. One of the biggest complaints about MP base items are that they are a one time purchase and not infinitely redeemable on multiple toons...so if you want more of any particular item you need to purchase more of those base item packs. But in order to make an actual profit they need people to purchase them repeatedly, which is why there are no other options for them.
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

RNG is RNG...it's very doubtful they've tweaked the drop rate for the shim'tar gear and more likely that some people are having a spate of bad luck combined with the bloated loot table of the time capsules.
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Unless that friend works for DBG or has honest to goodness psychic ability, his word means very little. And if he can see into the future, would he be willing to pass on some lotto numbers?