how premium and legendary should be set up

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by lukelucky, Dec 29, 2016.

1. lukelucky Devoted Player

I feel 3 teirs of payment should be the setup.

1st is our current premium.
    this is how players who buy some episodes get to play the game.

2nd is platinum premium
    this is how players who buy every episode gets to play. our current legendary setup minus the loyalty points, replays and ability to earn legends off marks. everything else is pretty much the same as we get as the current sub carries .

3rd is legendary
    this has all the current perks of our legendary plus
    2 armories per toon
    no shared loot locks
    unlimited power changes and movement mode changing. test server players can do this and it really makes the game more enticing.
    free unlock of time capsules or at the very least maybe 3 a day.
    restore early access

annual rewards which reward sub duration. example a one year subscriber gets say 100 replays but a 5 year subscriber gets say 300. no I would not give replays as an annual gift but it was an example to show progressive rewards. save the nay saying on this one as its good business to reward longer tenured customers

essentially end the need to spend extra money to maintain if you have a sub,

dcuo has made a model of profiting by restricting customer. creating experiences to pay extra or suffer. ok mostly do without. I say change it up and overly reward players. premiums largest gripe over the years is the cash cap. honestly I would imagine we lost a lot of players because of it. its just a huge pain. to remove the cash cap would threaten legendary players unless legendary was such a sweet deal cash would not be the deciding factor.

unless you pay a year in advance odds have it you pay one hundred and eighty dollars a year and for this we get to pay extra to run content, pay to open time capsules, pay to run both roles on the fly BUT CANNOT FULLY GEAR THEM. what?

lets make money off rearding players for spending their money for a change. lets begin to add every developed item we can to the market place so we can have endless amounts to spend our money on.

this is not a perfect setup but something closer to this is a lot better then what we have now. heck make subscriptions $20 a month and episodes $20 per episode.
    • Like x 6
  2. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

I'd like this over what we have now for f2p/prem/legendary folks. Its def a step in a better direction anyways.
  3. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

sounds like a great idea
  4. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

Honestly, being as a premium who has bought all eps on day 1, a lil love would be nice and I mean not necessarily equating to legendary but a bit of RB or whatever will do. =)
  5. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Let's examine that Legendary revamp shall we? You're ripping off the game. First off you already get 500 station cash, 150 replay badges, access to all content, access to all powers, extra character slots, and finally unlimited in-game cash. You don't want no more loot locks, and you want to have unlimited power respec tokens?
    Even if I did the numbers inside my head, I know the value of Legendary right there would be way more then $20; so your ripping off the game.

20 bucks per sub and 20 Bucks Per Episode? Sorry but that's crazy, Some people feel like some of the current content available isn't worth it and it's below 20 dollars.

So no, I'm disagreeing with this idea. Personally speaking I'm fairly fond of the membership system we have right now, If you don't feel like it's worth it then play as a premium it's that simple.
    • Like x 2
  6. Pack_Mane Well-Known Player

I would be happy if members had a bump in shared bank slots
  7. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

never happen.
  8. light FX Steadfast Player

No problem with throwing out ideas but do ya really think daybreak is gonna change their entire pay structure and how they do business/make money? Highly doubt that. I just dont see it happening. Especially with the recent changes as far as TCs go.

I think maybe the idea needs to be rethought and be more reasonable if u want them to take it seriously. Plus i dont see how when a person started playing means they should get more rewards. Just my opinion.

The 1 thing u mentioned i will speak on is the cash cap. I strongly dislike it and what its about. Ive looked into how other MMO games out there handle player currency and couldnt find a single 1 that did the same thing. I saw games that gave more currency as a reward if u subbed. But never restricted any player on how much currency they have and have access to. My view is it isnt the norm in the genre to restrict currency like that. But their game so obviously they make it the way they want.
    • Like x 2
  9. The peoples Badguy Committed Player

The Bad One says that the current system is fine and there is nothing wrong with it. You want more,become legendary. It is that simple.What bothers The Iron Bull is all these peons want what legendary people are granted but do not want pay for it. These peasants make The Bad guy sick.
    • Like x 2
  10. lukelucky Devoted Player

I am really dumb founded some one talks like this. amused but........... yea. just so you know I am and have been legendary since year one. I have the back from the hack helm and such showing how far I date back. along most of the time I also maintain a second dcuo account which was also started in year one.

incase you missed it while attempting to be a generic rock and hailing insults we have been sold by sony. why? yes because free to play does not earn enough cash. I am sure a grand champion such as yourself gets that premium players paid $40 a year as opposed to the $120 the game was designed around. a third of the fees does not cut it and worse we have no real market place which should be the bread and butter of f2p games.

since you offered notta of merit I will just assume you missed dcuo has a ruff time getting players to ever spend any money and retaining players. taxing players and restricting them might be ideal or smart to the iron whatever you dubbed yourself but as a guy who has watched and participated in multiple businesses I understand great deals is a better more successful way to go.

you get the premium players spending $80 per year and the sub guys paying between $120 and $180 and suddenly profits are looking better. ad in us replay worriers and suddenly without leaving a single customer unsatisfied we have the same profits and yes a chance to grow the community. currently our model is milking us till the game ends because no one is lured in by pay a sub and pay for this then that and alos spend a lot for chances at items. just not reality

what I want is this game to thrive and last as long as possible. no way we should not have 5 to ten years still. what I want is guys like the dev loche who at lunch built lpve maps for us to retain their jobs. these devs gave us the best game I ever played. by far imo and at every pass improved our gaming experience. they listen and do amazing work based off feed back within the constraints of what they are allowed. maybe you can take some belly medicing lose the generic impressionation and learn some business clases and help with suggestions to help dcuo. this pointless insults all be it funny is not cool and of zero help.

lastly I am not attacking nor insulting you. generally you crack me up and I was word playing off your post but calling players peasents wa a tad to far. just wanted to add that in there in case it seemed I was coming at you because in no way was i.
    • Like x 2
  11. Echo Blue Committed Player

Hello everyone,

Yes, yes yes. Get rid of that escrow account and give me my money. Such a pain in the butt to run content just to fill up my available $2000 cash to power up my generator batteries, then run content just to refill my available $2000 cash to buy soder colas, then run content to refill my available $2000 cash just to have money for repairs.... then I buy a funds all access pass and then for whatever reason I can't play the game for a couple of weeks.
    • Like x 1
  12. Voaxghost Well-Known Player

You never need to spend more than your sub. Everything extra is wants. You want to buy replays, you want to buy stabilizer keys, you want to buy booster bundles. You don't Need to buy them.
  13. SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix Well-Known Player

I don't really care how the system is set up for free to play
    Premium is fine. Just would like to have 50 to 100k of my in game cash.
    Legendary.... well I'm only legendary for a few times out of the year so uhh...
  14. RealTegan Dedicated Player

I've often wonder how difficult it would be to give Premiums another 1K of cash cap for every, say, $10 they spend. It wouldn't be so huge as to impact legendary perks, but it would be enough to encourage Premiums to buy more stuff...

The coding would probably be a nightmare, though. How do you count people who spent loyalty points for stuff while they were legendary who then went premium? And no matter what, some legendary player would cry foul. So it's a non-starter.
  15. Swamarian Committed Player

It would have to be based on what you bought. I bought all of the episodes through Origin Crisis using Station cash a couple of years ago because that was the easiest/cheapest way to do so. Between sales and promotions, I did pretty well, but unravelling that would be a nightmare and lead to weird inconsistencies, where different people with the same access have different cash caps.
    • Like x 1
  16. RealTegan Dedicated Player

Yeah, and add in marketplace purchases, from base items to stabilizers, and you've got a pretty mess on your hands if you want to give everyone credit. I just don't see it happening, although it seems like it would be "fair" to Premium players. At least, more fair than a flat $2000 cap that is a serious pain... Ah well, they can always go legendary or buy an escrow thingy to lift the cap. Not ideal, but DCUO will never be ideal.