Devs, How About a Timecapsule Currency/ Exchange?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ragnarok, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Ragnarok Well-Known Player

ESO has handled their loot boxes pretty well, and while the contents of each are random, the contents (and duplicates) can be exchanged for a small amount of currency spendable ONLY on items from a master loot list of said loot boxes. I think this would be a more than fair way of handling the absurdity of RNG that seems to have plagued the recent timecapsule.

If someone spends $200 on time capsules to get a phoenix feather, just let them buy it with the superhero crystals (or whatever) they've accumulated by opening capsules.

P.S. The prices on some ESO items are still quite high, so it's not like Daybreak would be incurring a net loss here--the player would still be in the hole.
    • Like x 12
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Or just get rid of these damn things altogether and call it a day
    • Like x 18
  3. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Heard about other games doing this and I think it's a great idea. Wouldn't mind seeing it implemented here.

I also think they need to put the Blue and Green collection pieces in the actual Time Capsule itself, rather than the provisions capsule, which have a 1 in 4 chance of dropping. Pretty sure the Blue and Greens are a bonus drop from the Provisions capsule and there are 9 different collections on the collections loot table. That's 3 levels of RNG on the rare collections and it's a joke.
    • Like x 10
  4. Gimpy Loyal Player

Yes Sir,

It's taking a gamble to take a gamble to take a gamble on gambling to get a piece of rare.

Oh wait,

no, never mind, that's pretty much it.
    • Like x 2
  5. Ragnarok Well-Known Player

Problem is, they're too profitable, so that's not going to happen. Best we can hope for is to minimize the damage of the RNG system.
    • Like x 3
  6. LookHere Active Player

They will never listen to a Feed Back that only profits the players. They will only listen to the players if it profits them at least 3 times more than the players. The example here is the new Best Gear In Vendor. We only asked for best gear in vendor, but they added 2 things to make this happen. 1. double the prices, 2. decrease the amount of coins and gears drop in every content. For example, before we had 5 marks and 3 gear drops in an alert. Now we have 3 coins and 2 gear drops.
    • Like x 2
  7. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

if they are making money, it will never stop. but, more and more people I know are just saying...im done. LFG is slow. and has been for a time now. they might be making some money, but at the cost of the game...
    • Like x 3
  8. JasonIsley Devoted Player

It takes around 3 months without replays to finish gearing up. Approximately how long did you want it to take?
  9. Frank Zarjaz Committed Player

I couldn't agree more.
    I've mentioned a similar solution before, we need to keep bringing this up until it happens.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/time-capsule-credits-suggestion.281529/

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/dcuo-in-2016-what-worked.282410/

It's fairer for customers and ultimately better for the game.
    • Like x 1
  10. Voaxghost Well-Known Player

A Week!!!!
    • Like x 1
  11. Shadow Force Committed Player

12. LookHere Active Player

Well i didn't buy any shimtar gears from broker nor didn't get any from the capsule also not replaying anything. I don't know how long it'll take me but since then till now i'm at 185cr right now. So far i got 2 purples items from the drops: face and feet. The rest is green and blue. I bought 2 rings and save the rest the weapon and for elite pieces once i have trusted renowns. My guess is it'll probably take 5 months because we can only do elite once every 2 weeks. So it's not easy to get trusted renowns.
  13. Proxystar #Perception

I actually agree, this is the saving grace in overwatch as well, where if you get duplicates you're awarded coins where you can then just buy the things you're missing when you get enough coins.

There is also the chance instead of an item you just get a tonne of coins.

This is desperately needed, if they're going to continue to go down this time capsule track.
    • Like x 3
  14. JasonIsley Devoted Player

5 months? It took you 2 months to reach 185 and you think it's going to take another 5 months to reach 189?
    Start of AFIII/Novemeber your CRs was around 175. It's the end of December you're at 185 that's 10 levels higher. Top CR without OP gear is 189. It's going to take you 5 months to reach 4 more levels!? Even if you are chasing after Elite gear only, it shouldn't take you another 5 months.
    • Like x 1
  15. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Star trek online has a good system for their lockboxes each box has a random amount of crystals in it and they have an ingame store that you can buy stuff in from styles to ships so if you don't get what you want in the boxes your still working on getting the items you want. The way DCUO has handled there time capsules by putting all this feats for stuff that has incredibly low drop rates I'm done buying the keys I'll spend my money elsewhere.
    • Like x 2
  16. LookHere Active Player

I'm saying Maybe 5 months in total to reach 190 with 2 op items. Over 1000coins for gears, 500coins for 2 op collections. Plus waiting for all the right drops of OP collection. This collection part alone is probably 1 year and still not done if you ask me. As you can see there are 33 pieces of 3 different kinds through out the contents. Some are very rare on top of rare because even for the common ones is a rare drop itself.
  17. JasonIsley Devoted Player

You shouldn't worry about the OP gear. And it's actually 24 separate drops for 2 collections, 2 of those are in the vendor so you only need to worry about 22 drops. Remnants of the Minotaur is not for an OP piece.
    • Like x 1
  18. LookHere Active Player

you can't count 22 because you can't tell the RNG to drop just those 22 for you. It drops all 33 so despite you like it or not, you need it or not. You'll get a mixture of all. So to have to right collections without buying from broker is almost impossible. Do you know anyone who got all 24 of the pieces they need from the drops without trading or buying or replaying? I don't think so. On top of this is the fact that you need 8 pieces of gears to grant you the divine feat. So if you are one of the player without millions of game cash to purchase shimtar gears then you need to wait until you complete your divine feat naturally through vendor then continue to grind for the collections. Well I don't need to explain any farther. A wise person would definitely see that without game cash it is harder to get an OP item from AF3 than other DLC. For the people with millions of game cash it is easier for them due to the fact that the collections are tradable but for the poor players out there it's just crazy close to impossible.
    • Like x 2
  19. light FX Steadfast Player

I agree with fatal. And in eso u dont buy any keys to open loot boxes over there. But again i agree with fatal. Just make em gone already. Create new cool style stuff and add it to the MP. No RNG and we spend our money and get the actual item we want and paid for.
    • Like x 4
  20. light FX Steadfast Player

Actually i have gotten all of them w/out replaying. But ive been running 6 toons thru all the content every day. And i went 3 weeks straight where i got at least 2 OP collections every day. 1 day i got 7 and the next day 4. 11 in 2 days. Sure some have been the mino ones. Btw i do agree with with what u said. Im just saying it is possible to get em all w/out replays or spending a ton on them from the broker. Btw i sold every single one i got. Made 160 million in 3 weeks doing it :cool: The last 1 i had not gotten was arena champion one from 2nd boss in GoM but i got it thursday.