Devs/ Meeps any news on a PS4 Pro Patch?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ragnarok, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Voaxghost Well-Known Player

I'm also a PC Player. One of the Five.
    • Like x 1
  2. Ragnarok Well-Known Player

Thanks for popping in. I understand that the game is compatible on the Pro--I'm playing it on a Pro now :) I'm wondering if there are any plans, however distant, to "enhance" the resolution/ FPS/ AF/ whatever to take advantage of the increased hardware spec of the PS4 Pro. Planetside 2 got a resolution boost and an FPS gain, if I recall. Is there anything similar being consdiered for DCUO?

I know you guys have a lot on your plate, and plenty of other deadlines to meet. I was curious, though.

All best.

P.S. Every PS4 game is compatible on a base level on the PS4 Pro--that's how they made the machine. Games receive additional enhancements, via patches, to take advantage of the hardware. (Not to you, Mepps, but to others who probably don't know the tech.)
    • Like x 1
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

There are not.
    • Like x 2
  4. Swiftduck Loyal Player

Dc looks amazing in 4k btw
    • Like x 1
  5. Ragnarok Well-Known Player

Unfortunate, but thanks for the clear answer. I honestly do appreciate it since I was debating whether or not to go whole-hog back into DCUO; it's a bit of a waste with the current (PS4) engine on a 4K set. I've played on PC and the assets really do look great and the game can look incredibly stylized when the knobs are cranked up. Maybe next year! I'll be back if/ when you guys get around to it.

Happy holidays!
  6. Ragnarok Well-Known Player

It really does.
    • Like x 1
  7. sepiaskidmark Committed Player

Whose Meeps lol.
  8. Here2Help Devoted Player

That guy on the server asking for your credit card details because there's a problem with your account :rolleyes:
    • Like x 3
  9. sepiaskidmark Committed Player

He just needs your email address and answers to your security questions
    • Like x 1
  10. Derio 15000 Post Club

The game already plays at 60fps on PS4. If you have the pro and a 4k tv, you can upscale DCUO which can help, but is not as beneficial as an actual patch that will support 4k resoultion like planetside 2 got or like how ESO did. Or like FFXIV patch is coming.

However like many others have stated. DCUO has more important things on their plate. And considering the competition is beefing up their content in 2017. DCUO has bigger issues to deal with than a PS4 pro patch. Server issues still being one of them.
  11. Ragnarok Well-Known Player

The game does not run at a stable 60 FPS on PS4 :) It possibly could though, on a Pro. And I get what everyone is saying, but engine optimizations are ongoing in MMORPGs, and as I pointed out with Planetside, such optimization took literally weeks with one fella. Last one I recall DCUO "updating" was when they redid the powers, maybe? Which would have been more assets than feature based.

Next year when the Scorpio is out, DCUO will be the only console MMORPG not supporting 4Kish resolutions and features. It will stand out from the crowd, but not in a good way, and yes, as you've said, other feature and content rich games will be competing in the same space. After stats matter, they almost definitely should update the engine imo (and---sorry, but it has to be said--cut PS3 support). We need to remember, too, that a person/ team optimizing the engine would not/ should not be the same one responsible for maintaining data centres and webcode. At least I hope not! Or those guys and gals need a serious break!

Oh, and it does look much sharper when upscaled just through the Pro; but there's a bit of shimmer where pixels are being recreated.
  12. Owl Devoted Player

Note that the slow stock 5400 rpm hard drive in the PS Pro is the limiting factor for a disk heavy game like DCUO.
  13. BumblingB I got better.

Wait, why did they go with 5400?!
  14. Ragnarok Well-Known Player

It's confirmed SATA III; so just swap it out.
  15. Owl Devoted Player

Probably Cost.
    Some "Enhanced" games actually perform worse on the PS4 Pro even though it has a better GPU and additional RAM.
  16. Hraesvelg Always Right

Just in time for the decrease in 2D NAND supply to really start crunching the prices on SSDs.
  17. Proxystar #Perception

Deciding not to play the game because it won't have a graphics update for ps4 pro? Really?

Play The game if you enjoy it not because it doesn't look as pretty as the division
    • Like x 2
  18. Ragnarok Well-Known Player

Video games are a visual medium. I like razzle-dazzle and eye candy. What business is it of yours if that's something I enjoy in games? I never decried DCUO or had a tantrum. I wished everyone well. This game has always had a fond spot in my heart and I'll check back here and there to see how development and features evolve. Mepps (yes, I got it right subsequent times) was kind enough to answer. That's awesome. The end. No need for drama or stirring the pot.

Anyway, forum back-and-forth is the most useless activity in which one can partake. So g'day to you too.
    • Like x 1
  19. Proxystar #Perception

One aspect of them; not the aspect of them.

Have a Nice day also.
    • Like x 1
  20. Derio 15000 Post Club

The game runs stable at 60 fps on my PS4 pro. And even before when I had just a regular PS4 it ran fine. The problem with DCUO is mainly disconnects from the server and not the actual graphical gameplay.

As Dextella stated earlier this month. DCUO still depends heavily on the PS3. Unlike other games DCUO literally cannot afford to drop the PS3. Most games that have a PS4 pro patch have stated at least a month in advance that they are working on it, and planetside 2 stated they were working on it back in october.

The scorpio is a non factor for DCUO as it doesnt release for almost another year in the fall of 2017. And even Destiny hasnt recieved its PS4 pro patch yet so DCUO is not the only one.