A concern regarding the revamp

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Fatal Star, Dec 12, 2016.

1. King Smoker Well-Known Player

im all for changes if they are the changes that the community want. if you have been here for most of the updates you can see losts of their changes haven't worked. Do you remember gu 47 and how it made old content tedious to run. and it made a big chunk of the population leave the game. so they decide to do another update to fix that and get closer to what we had prior to gu 47 with a few tweaks. there is a say sometimes it's better to leave well enough alone. but i am glad we get to see this early draft of what they are planning so we can give feed back before they go in to deep into the new style of play.
  2. scotv453 Well-Known Player

The games he mentioned ARE NOT made for keyboard. They are specifically setup for controllers to work. They are limited ability bars just like dcuo. You don't have 5+ bars in those games. But they are just as well console games just like here.
  3. Gwendolyn Active Player

I think people are making a lot of assumptions and not testing properly.

A lot of people testing, whether vet or not, have the live game mechanics so ingrained in them that they can't seem to distance themselves from it.

I keep constantly hearing people say they have less freedom because they only get two power slots left. That was your choice because you THINK that the meta is to have one SC, one SC Regen, a Power Regen, and a Weapon Buff.

The point of this new system is to give players to choice to play from the tray, use weapons, use super charges or a hybrid of two. Why do you think each power highlights weapon buff, power regen, and super charge regen? A lot of you decided to just throw all this in your loadout which was your first mistake.

Now I can only speak for Tanking when it comes to support roles. I think this new shift of active tanking is great idea as someone who plays fire. A tank that specializes in always blocking has been a horrible idea from the start and this change is over due. Every power can block so it isn't a tank mechanic, if you are constantly having to block out of fear of being one shot when surrounded by a group of hard hitting adds you then leave yourself vulnerable to a block break which will inevitably happen, and it is the most boring thing ever. Not to mention it is a very easy thing to do so everyone saying that it takes skill to sit and block are kidding themselves.

As a matter of fact, let's just end this whole attitude that has plagued this game from the start. Clipping never took skill and it was silly. I starting playing this game on release and I found the existence of clipping during level 1-30 missions. It is easy to do, it was boring, and it was the start of using one particular loadout and process to put out the most damage and the game has continued to suffer because of it. We finally get a look at having more variety and we get a bunch of cry babies saying "waaahhh, I just wanted to do 123 pew pew but it be stronger and have all the sp I wasted my time accumulating over the years matter".

I mean word? That's it? You want an even easier game or a game with depth, freedom, and difficulty.
    • Like x 3
  4. Arathian Level 30

A bit late to the party, but... I find it a bit eerie and disturbing that they propose that the whole philosophy behind these changes is to "provide more choices and options for our characters" yet...

- I am nearly forced to put the power regen ability on my bar.
    - If I want to use a super charge (Which I assume they want me to, with all the changes to it) I have to use the SC generator along with the SC itself
    - I am now left with 3 slots on my Loadout.

Now I don't mind increasing the difficulty of the game, I actually support it. But there comes
    an issue when DC Universe Online, the MMO RPG which prides itself on it's fast-paced, exhilarating action combat, is SLOW. I feel like I am playing a slower TERA or Guild Wars 2.

Although it is still extremely early in the testing phase, and (i hope) believe it is safe to assume what is on test now will be radically different from what further updates will bring, and what will eventually be put on live. As it seems the devs are very keen on taking our feedback.

From what I can gather from the past few days of testing, what testers seem to disagree and/or dislike so far is:
    - Long cooldowns, the game is slow, and lost it's identity.
    - Not many choices, (forced to use power regen, and SC w/ generator)
    - Power Homogenization, as Fatal Star stated, everything feels like LPvE. Ice, Mental, and Elec play nearly the same but with different colors (DPS wise). The Ice feedback thread seems concerned about this as well in terms of tanking so far as well.

I congratulate and respect the devs for listening to us and going through with the Stats Matter update, all we have to do know is help them out, and pray to Navu and the Bat God they take our feedback into consideration.
    • Like x 3
  5. bmce84 Loyal Player

Did you test any power or are commenting based on what the devs said?, because I tested and you are limited to using one of those 3, to the point that they even said you have to pick a style that involved either of those. You don't need the three but are forced to pick between then, the problem is many attacks changed in a way that their efficiency was affected causing you to be limited as to what you can do. It's not that we want to force ourselves to use those, we don't have a choice, in Electric if you DPS your attacks will at power like crazy, so you are forced into using power regen and weapons, if you DPS in general from Tray you have to use power regen and weapons either way, there's no other option. If you go with a SC then you need the SC regen because they take longer to recharge now. This is why TC have new mods, because they knew full well the cool down timers where extended too much, but they decided that instead of testing if they where going to work they just added the mod to the pay to win capsule (because this could actually turn TC into pay to win).
    • Like x 2
  6. bmce84 Loyal Player

Even if cool downs where lowered, you still have boss battles that take twice as long or even longer, took me 5 minutes to kill Grodd, and not even because he was hard, they turned him into a damage sponge.
  7. Fies Committed Player

I dont know whether "harder" is actually fitting. The long cooldowns are just going to limit what you can do but also what people can expect you to do. You ll just have to wait until your support-abillity is back of CD and need to fill your new "breathing room" with beneficial actions/DPS. Imo from what it looks right now (limited overall view) a deciding factor for "success" will be how many hard-hitting weapon attacks you can fit into your CDs- even as a support-role.
    • Like x 1
  8. bmce84 Loyal Player

testing is over.
  9. bmce84 Loyal Player

They are making support roles do DPS on every direction because the DPS nerf was so hard that you need support roles to pick up the slack. I honestly think they are better off just eliminating the DPS role instead, as it was on test being a dps was punishing and not fun most of the time as we were forced into locking our rotation to certain attacks, and there's no way in hell you can run a full Tray rotation and be successful without a troll at all times. Also I can't even begin to think the hell heavy add content will be, Thrones/HH/BP and so on relies on Trolls CC to help Tanks, that wont work anymore, and if you have two Tanks then you need 2 trolls for power but PoT is limited so a tank would need their self regen in place, therefore limiting what he can do.

We went from 1 AM to 3, but it's still AM, you need one of the choices present in your loadout at all times, even in your support role. I like the idea behind the changes, I like the self regen and how weapons regen power better, but I don't like that attacks have so many limitations to even with both features you are still short most times, and I fail to see why we needed a SC regen, how is using 6 tray powers not enough SC regen on it's own.
  10. The Anxient Loyal Player

Skill points gonna reduce the cooldown on tank pulls? Pot? Heals? If not then he can definitely say that. This is a a giant failure so far.
    • Like x 3
  11. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Then im 100% content at the direction they are going for once in the past three years. I want you yourself, crappy and others to honestly take what im saying as someone who also wants the best for this game. I have played with players like Crappy and others and he knows what I expect from this game I respect what he wants but we differ here. This game can't fall in line with others MMO's that people take seriously if they simply want it back to 2011 it has to be a harder mmo and new mechanics have to be introduced, This since maybe 2013 has been one of the only MMOs where players can run around and spam powers freely to the point other roles are barley needed, and that is the problem now. In Games that are thriving like Eso, WoW, FFXIV groups are forced to run more then one of a role. Dc has been going so far in the wrong direction they people myself included get made when I Que up a que or alert and we have to run with anything but other dps cause they are not needed.
    To long has this been ignored and we are in the current state this game is in because they listen to the wrong people. I and others have been trying to get this game to go in a different direction for years and it has been ignored and we see the current state of this game, In no other MMO do I feel players have no idea of what they are doing then in this game, because they are not taught to any longer. The Skill Point system was a mess you got players who only focus on spending money on top of a legendary membership to out gear others and have 70 sp, because they know how limited they are. Started back in ffxi I knew how important it was to grind limit points to have access to more. Healers should not be able to spam heals non stop with unlimited power, Dps should have have free access to spam powers all day this change has been needed for a VERY long time. I hope Mepps and the other Devs don't listen to the players who can't get with a great change to people who can't get over 2011. It's clear The direction isn't that AM non sense we were given and are forced to play. This will require players to be better.
  12. xD25x Dedicated Player

In no way does this require players to be better. Just different. Mark my words if this makes it to test like this you won't have to worry about too many dps in a que because after a week or two you won't have enough players to run a raid anyways.
    • Like x 5
  13. Fies Committed Player

Legends with "roles" ...
    • Like x 4
  14. xD25x Dedicated Player

15. Derio 15000 Post Club

The sad thing is, most players dont even come to the forums. They depend on ingame knowledge to inform them. I am always against the 5-1-1-1.

However looking at the pug world for people who queue up with randoms, the game for them seems bleak. Especially if you end up needing more than 1 support role in a alert, and god forbid if you need more than 1 tank, troller or healer for a raid.

So I can imagine content needing to be either dumbed down to reduce pug failure, or create more novice and normal modes of content going further.
    • Like x 2
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We want to "go back" too, in that we want to undo a lot of 47's direction. But, we also want to "go forward" without the problems we had before, with more consistency, and with a foundation that lets us continue to expand the game's systems and abilities.
    • Like x 1
  17. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

I understand this, but please take in consideration an option to play with two hotbars. Only six abilities at one time is way restrictive for the mechanics you guys are trying to bring to the game. I really think that this is one of the pieces you guys are missing to put together the puzzle that this revamp is. Just my 2 cents.
    • Like x 2
  18. spack2k Steadfast Player

i dont want two hotbars ,thx.
    • Like x 8
  19. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

That´s your choice. I know i do, so what is the issue of having more options to play?
    If you can´t see how having more ability slots to activate while in combat is a good thing i have nothing more to say to you.
    • Like x 1
  20. ChillCat Loyal Player

What was your level when you entered that instance? And what power were you using?