First-Playable: The Stats Revamp (READ THIS FIRST)

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Mepps, Dec 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Hello DCUO!

The first-playable version of the upcoming Stats Revamp will launch on the test server today. This version includes just three powers - one of each role - and will only be on test for a limited time, so that we can gather early feedback and first impressions.

And we do mean early - this build is much earlier in the development process than we usually would expose to the public test server - so there will be issues, and that's the point. We want to get as much player feedback as possible as early as possible.

First, if you haven't, we recommend taking a moment to brush up on the basics of the stats revamp in this previous development update from Avair (Lead Systems Designer).

Second, read the rest of this thread so you know how best to test the stats revamp.

Third, review this new development update, again from Avair, for a deeper dive into today's specific test server changes.

Finally, download the update on the test server, play, and then return to the appropriate feedback thread here in the Testing Feedback forums to share your experiences. Now, on to the good stuff!

WHAT IS THE STATS REVAMP?

The stats revamp is a total revamp of all of the numbers in the game. The revamp will remove Combat Rating differential, Advanced Mechanics and Weapon Mastery bonus damage, and power points, and modify skill points, supercharges, power and power regen, and essentially how all powerset and weapon abilities work.

For more information, see Avair's development update from September.

WHY REVAMP STATS?

Revamping stats will build a stronger foundation for the game, clarify game mechanics, allow for meaningful character choices, and open up exciting new opportunities for future systems and content development. in short, it will make the game more fun for everyone.

For more information, see Avair's latest development update.

WHAT IS IN THIS FIRST-PLAYABLE VERSION OF THE STATS REVAMP?

The first version of the revamp is moving onto test today, meaning it is incomplete and early in the development process. Essentially nothing in this build is final. This version of the revamp will allow you to experience the overall stats changes to systems and content, as well as focus on the first three updated powers - Ice, Mental, and Electricity.

We want you to play these powers with a focus on how they feel overall, look for specific abilities that are too strong or too weak, not functioning, or no longer useful.

While doing so, we want you to level naturally through the 1-30 game and beyond. We have completed the large, broad adjustments on all of the numbers in the game, including NPCs. We have not completed adjustments to specific fights, bosses, or mechanics individually. Many of these - likely things we have had to manually re-balance over the years - will need further fine-tuning.

What we want from testers here is twofold. We want you to play the content organically so that we can get your feedback overall on how combat feels, and we want you to find those specific places where things feel off.

TESTING INSTRUCTIONS

Here's how you can get started.
    1. Download and log into the test server
    2. Once logged in, you'll find you have no characters. Create a new one as Ice, Mental, or Electricity.
    3. Play and level naturally!
    4. Return to the Testing Feedback forum, and share your experiences directly in the appropriate thread below.
    It is imperative that these testing feedback threads remain only for feedback from testers. Off topic comments from those not testing will be removed, and repeat offenders will be removed from the forums entirely. General questions about the overall revamp should stay in this thread, and feedback should be posted in the appropriate thread above.

Finally, THANK YOU! The stats revamp is one of the largest systems updates we've ever done. We are so excited to finally have a playable version on test, and for what the revamp will mean for the game's future. Your early feedback and help testing will be essential to the revamp's overall success, and for that we cannot thank you enough. Happy testing!
    • Like x 5
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Bump. Read this first!
  3. SkullGang Devoted Player

4. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

5. Here2Help Devoted Player

So we will actually have to start from scratch and go from level 1 to 30 and then all the way to T8 or will we be able to get boxes of gear like normal to speed up tier progression?
  6. PsianideUK Well-Known Player

Excellent news!

Thanks for getting this out before the holidays, and on a weekend.
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This weekend's focus is leveling content (or however far people get).
  8. Here2Help Devoted Player

Alright. So for example next weekend might be Tier 3 or something depending on where people end up this time?
  9. bmce84 Loyal Player

Do we need to get every possible SP as we level up, or can we get by on the base stats for now?
  10. InvisibleInk Active Player

They said that you'll be fine if you keep your skill points close to your CR, but uh... I think my highest CR character has about 50 points so I guess I need to figure out how to get another 140 points. Anybody have any tips (or maybe revamp how people earn skill points as well so people can stay on top of it?)
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Right. We'll see how it goes and move on as we're ready to.
  12. Here2Help Devoted Player

Lovely. And do you have an estimate for how long you expect this testing phase to go on for?
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This first pass is probably just through the weekend, but I don't know when we'll want to move on to let people not start at level 1. The more testing we get, the faster we'll go.
  14. VV Dedicated Player

6 second PoT freaks me out a bit. I'll test it soon ;)
  15. Derio 15000 Post Club

16. Here2Help Devoted Player

Didn't see that one coming to be honest. Now we will need two controllers to maintain constant PoT. I wonder however if constant PoT will be needed with other roles being able to personally manage their own power better.
  17. VV Dedicated Player

Not just that.
    It's not
    Or

The numbers we're used for when playing stuff. It's a 6.
  18. inferno Loyal Player

Mepps - any chance of getting an experience booster for the levelling period? That way we can do the natural levelling but faster? Just so we can get to the tier testing during the weekend.
    • Like x 1
  19. CHUD Loyal Player

I know this is just testing out the Stat Revamp.....but.....umm.....will our original creations be restored at some point in time??? I just have this thing where everything that some of us had done so far is lost for good....or at least in some cases the seasonal stuff when they come back.
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The regular test server/characters will be swapped back in when we are not testing the revamp.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.