Toxic community

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Morsy808, Dec 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

if someone making a mess out of a duo is the worst you've experienced you're getting off lucky.

coming into the game i pretty much knew what to expect from our community. my predictions were spot on. for the most part people are miserable. factor in this is a video game which is generally considered immature and a waste of time, mix in a bunch of different ages from different regions, countries and states and its a powder keg.

currently whats driving me crazy is the complete and total lack of disregard players have for each other. Rushing ahead to start boss fights, locking players out, leaving ads behind, not even giving players a chance for the screen to load up. reeks of insecurity.

i have too many horror stories. bottom line is you need to thicken your skin up just a little and learn how to bypass the nonsense without adding to it and eventually you'll find players who are fun to run with.
    • Like x 2
  2. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

there is nothing scarier than trying to get seven other players to form a straight line.
    • Like x 4
  3. Dr Torched Well-Known Player

4. Lord Saren Active Player

i'm on the villian side and i'm at 185cr and won't conplain about anything and won't whine about your cr. on villian side name is lord sarren i will help anyone with a duo for no cost to them, we were all lower level at one point so i'm here to help.
    • Like x 1
  5. Infamous Hacker Active Player

YES! THIS!! SO MUCH OF THIS!!! This pretty much sums up my whole experience with DCUO till now...

Dont attack with weapons when the red shield is up, block when you have the Bowman targeting you, get out of range and stop attacking when the Punisher is doing their thing, dont touch the eggs, GET IN A LINE. Some of these high CR players dont do it, or even listen, but then I get kicked because i have "too low CR"....
    • Like x 2
  6. Noble One Committed Player

really you shouldnt have too and it doesnt fix the problem. seriously there needs to a better solution then sweeping crap under the rug method. ill be the first to admit it that im in no league, my FL is empty, and i pug everything. why? (jack ryder) because drama and peoples attitudes. OP is right that most of this community is toxic and impo its boarding LoL community levels... and thats bad.
    • Like x 5
  7. Noble One Committed Player

im friendly :( and all i do is pugs
    heck i run things like flsh and stuff hoping i get a low cr person just to run them through it xD. i do see if they attack something and normally watch them die in the blink of an eye but i rez them and tell them not to since the curve here is to the roof lol.
  8. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

As a lurker, I just made my account to say pay no mind to any of those individuals giving you a hard time. They're just bad players. Get to their cr, and then show them who's boss. :)
    Part of the community is toxic, but we're not all like that. I consider myself a very good dps, and I've never once complained about helping a lower cr get through a duo. That said, I can't wait to hear what these losers say when they see you in Harley's Heist. The amount of whining in that duo is the worst I've ever seen.
    • Like x 1
  9. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

Wow...EARTH dps no less...doing NO DPS...I would be embarrassed if someone lower CR than me had to carry me...I would get off the game and go to the forums if for no other reason than to get a loadout most people agree is useful...fools thinking the "system is rigged" because they are not carried every time...my god Id be embarrassed
    • Like x 1
  10. light FX Steadfast Player

Just a little while ago i get a 188cr in the hades duo who runs past the adds and stand by the door and waits for me to kill them then locks me out of the boss fight. He did the same at the 2nd boss. I told em what i thought of his behavior, put em on ignore, and left the duo and requeued. These players are the toxicity of dcuo. Imo the game would be a lot better off if they would all just go away.
    • Like x 1
  11. light FX Steadfast Player

You are EU tho and as i hit reply to this i saw someone below your post said the same thing. Sorry to repeat it. And im sure u experience it here and there like ya said but so many more players on the US side means way more chances to run into the deaf dumb blind kids. Man they sure play a mean pinball :D
    • Like x 1
  12. light FX Steadfast Player

1 huge problem in the community is patience. People cannot literally wait 1-2 seconds for another player who is trailing a little behind. Its always go go go like these people have to be somewhere or their hair is on fire. Personally it drives me nuts. If ya cant wait 1-2 seconds for another player in the group to catch up then imo ya have some serious issues with patience and may need to look into some methods to relax a little more. People think being top dps means something. It doesnt and never has. I put em all on ignore and because its so prevalent in the community u would be right in assuming my ignore list is enormous :cool:
    • Like x 6
  13. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

Yeah, less people. Ended up in a random queue with H2h in the seasonal last night so that says something, doubt that'd happens too often in US. As a complete aside, Larfreeze got burned after the 2nd set of orange things, never seen that before, although I always random queue seasonals. Plus a few different languages which in a way negates the nonsense, or at least you can't understand some of it.
  14. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

Well done, 1 of the few ways these people might learn
    • Like x 1
  15. Here2Help Devoted Player

Random queued into the new duo with my alt and bumped into a 175 Atomic DPS. Keep in mind that my alt is an Electricity healer. This DPS constantly stood still after every bunch of adds and went AFK. He even went AFK in the middle of the boss fights. He even changed power from Atomic to Ice midway of the duo and I had to wait for him to respec to then see him pop Ice Element and just do weapon combos. It took over 20 minutes to complete the duo and I ended up doing more damage than him. Some people just have no care for other people's time and that seems to be a big problem with the community. I really wouldn't mind if it took 30 or 40 minutes if he was playing, but the fact that he was constantly going AFK and hardly helped in the duo really annoyed me and wasted a lot of my time as I had a friend waiting for a quick FoS 3 run to help him gear up.

*waves again* If you counter Larfleeze he can't regenerate his health, so that's how we defeated him before all three orange sets were done.
    • Like x 1
  16. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

Every day's a school day
    • Like x 1
  17. lfc09kris Well-Known Player

Sounds like half the people on these forums tbh
  18. Harlequin Devoted Player

I still disagree with a blanket/universal kick timer. I believe each account should have an individual timer for initiating kicks that changes based on how often you use it. You kick a lot, your timer goes up. You rarely kick, you have almost no timer. It works a treat in MMOs that do things that way.
    • Like x 1
  19. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Here's one i have been running into lately and its along those same lines. Hades Duo first boss battle.. I have already battled through the mobs with a team mate, if you want to call him that, trailing behind and arriving late to every battle. I get to the entrance to the area where we battle the Harpies and wait for him to catch up AGAIN because he's just sitting there after the last mob was defeated. then he finally comes forward, zooms right past me and before I can move the gate drops and i have to use the golden circle to get inside and help with the battle.

Then when the battle ends my reward box drops and i quickly scan over my 3 options, pick the one I like best and .. now ALL of a sudden lazy boy is ready to play the damn game and already attacking the next mob????

Now on the first part I have had this happen like 3 times recently and the best part was on 2 of them my CR 187 DPS was teamed with someone in the low 170s. I have no problem with that but did they REALLY think they could tackle a BOSS battle solo at that CR? Heck at CR 187 I KNOW I could but I was waiting at the doorway so THEY didn't get locked out.

Then there is part 2 because not just on THAT duo i run into this issue a lot with I take maybe 10 seconds to check out 3 options in a reward box and decide which i want the most and which will help me the most... So what is up with everyone else? Do some players just open the thing up and click pick # 1? and before the comments start YES I do know I can wait till the mission is over because the timers on reward boxes don't start until you open them BUT I got into the habit of opening then NOW.. Why? Well let's think about this. I started this DLC at CR 171 on both roles. EACH one of those boxes that drop had the potential to give me a new piece of armor that would increase my combat rating and make the mission a little easier. So by taking that small amount of time I was able to slot that new armor and maybe my CR went up to 172.. or maybe I was already close to 172 and that armor made me 173. Not a huge gain but hey.. every little bit helps.

Now at CR 188 when I am playing my troll unless the box comes with a label saying.. REALLY GOOD STUFF INSIDE I know the chances are, especially if I am not on a RAID, that whatever is inside will just wind up being salvaged. But frankly what the heck is the rush? There are three reward box drops so even if i take a whole 15 seconds I added OMG a whole 45 seconds to the total time of the mission .. Take me out and shoot me. LOL
  20. megamanzero Loyal Player

i quit playing the game because i suffer from depression and while i liked this game a lot, the toxicity (not the SOAD song) was too much of a negative impact on me so i stopped playing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.