Getting sick of the pay wall...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reigningkaos, Nov 27, 2016.

1. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

i just wish episode bundle 3 was 15$ Respec tokens were like 1$ and the escrow was completely removed from game. All players should be able to buy and sell garbage at broker, that just makes a healthier ecenomy and better game.
    • Like x 2
  2. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

The only reason why you would fork out any money at all is a choice, not a requirement. If you're a legendary subscriber then you're really throwing money away if you spend any additional cash because you have access to everything and you get 500 loyalty points meaning you can buy additional items and it won't cost you anything. Really, if you're cheesed at spending all of this money, blame the person in the mirror and not the game.
    • Like x 2
  3. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

So in other words you want the same thing legendary subscribers but don't want to actually pay anything. Um, no to that.
    • Like x 3
  4. Darh_Lord_kuro Active Player

Well the base game is f2p
    They never said dlc would be f2p
    They can make you pay for dlc if they want to its the base of a dlc in most game
    For armory f2p game need microtransaction
    Be nice they give you 1 they could have made money of it
    • Like x 1
  5. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

What part? The broker? Yeah I think everyone should get to buy/sell on broker. Legendary would be meaningless without the broker?? I dont think so. All episodes, replays, loyalty points.... yeah those things suck.....
    • Like x 1
  6. Entrust Committed Player

I believe he's referring to the removal of the cash cap (which the devs have said will probably never happen) and permanently owning a significant amount of content for the same price as 1 months legendary membership.

Frankly that's a bold, shortsighted, and unrealistic request.

In regards to the broker, "trading" is a benefit of membership (premium & legendary), so f2p should spend $5 if they want to do that. Otherwise they can join a league & contribute the "garbage" to their bank/prestige. Premiums can use the broker, but are limited to buying items $2000 or less and can sell up to 3 or 4 items (been a while since I verified the broker slots for premium) for around a max of $40k each. Or purchase a 7-day escrow access token broker away for a week.
    • Like x 1
  7. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Again, subscribe and you get all of those things. This is so typical of you entitled little snowflakes. "I want it all and I want it now and I want it for freeeeeeeeeeeeee!"
    • Like x 4
  8. Noble One Committed Player

i know i was here for armories and asked for it too. tech you payed for the dlc then paid AGAIN for something in the dlc you already bought...? i also have 3 (yes i bought 2) but i still say 2 should be free with the dlc. giving you one is just asinine as "cool i made a armory role.... and can only switch to that.... and nothing else..." seriously how does that make sense!?
  9. Crackpot71 New Player

What dlc is the Armories covered under? I bought the Lair System along with the Utility Belt usage and still can't imprint to my Armories with any new found gear. Not to mention, access to my 2nd armory would be nice.
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Armories came separate from any particular DLC.
    • Like x 1
  11. Crackpot71 New Player

Damn! I have NO idea why this is happening then. However, thank you for the response.
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Here's a question...are you subbed or playing as a premium? And if you're premium, do you have skill points allocated in the shield weapon?
  13. bmce84 Loyal Player

FYI:
    you can't have more than 10 SP unallocated
    If you changed powers on that same toon then you need to imprint the entire toon before adding anything else.

Mind adding what exactly are you trying to add to the armory?, it's system is simple enough that with some info most players can help each other out with issues, unless it's some kind of a bug of course.
    • Like x 1
  14. jwdrinkwaterjr Active Player

Everyone knows that levels 1-30 is basically a demo. Buy a sub. No paywall.
    • Like x 1
  15. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

It's almost as if the game is a commercial profit-seeking corporation. They want you to give them money! It's shocking!

I have never heard of such a terrible behavior by game developers as to try to commercialize their idea and use it to make a profit at the expense of players! WHAT ARE THEY THINKING?

/sarcasm
    • Like x 2
  16. Harlequin Devoted Player

You must be pretty new to the game.
  17. InvisibleInk Active Player

This is the second dumbest thing I've ever read on these forums.

They're addressing a few design qualms people have with an upcoming update but as great as those changes are going to be, what that person you're sitting there condescending to is the real lynchpin.

Right, like, everybody here can agree that the PVE content and gear rewards system are great, and those things are what hold onto the majority of the players.

The thing about the credit cap and the escrow system though... its just blatantly bad design.

Figure out how many credits you've spent on a bad raid. Any given bad raid where you and your group are getting one shot by necron or something. You think those free to play or premium players don't want to have the credits to repair their gear? After they go down, not respawn, 10 times all their gear is broke with an effective CR of 0. then they can repair some, or maybe all their gear, but then they're out of credits to repair. Sure, they can work around it with a lot of planning or group members can give them stuff to sell. But overall its a bad design. Don't believe me?

Would you rather run the AF3 with a premium player who purchased that episode or a premium player?

You didn't deliberate for a second, you said a premium player, because no matter what they do, the only way to work around the issue of the credit cap is either some obscure work arounds which take up a lot of inventory space or spending money. Its bad design.

Now, the ideal solution to that problem is just to eliminate the escrow system entirely, but there are about a dozen less ideal design solutions (making everybody repair for free whenever an instance unlocks (this would allow them to use those reset tokens to repair and auto repair them when instances unlock at midnight), allowing people to repair from escrow funds, making it so that simply going down in a fight doesn't cause damage to your gear but only going back to the spawn point does, making credit cap scale with CR or which tier of content has been purchased, eliminating gear damage altogether, lowering repair costs to a level that is manageable for all players instead of just subscribers, I can keep going).

When a free or premium player hits that wall where they can't repair their gear, you've lost that player with a very high degree of certainty.

So you've got something that is badly designed (not poorly, just badly designed, its not a question of competence, its a question of wrongheadedness) and has never been iterated on by the dev team since its inception and they've been working around it instead of actually addressing the bad design.

The game at its core is a really fun game, but that single element has most likely been responsible for so much attrition of players since it was introduced (myself included, 3 times).

Anyway, just because you can easily condescend to somebody doesn't make you right, it just makes you difficult to talk to.
    • Like x 1
  18. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

[IMG]

I being a former FTP game junkie................ There is a large potion of players in the forums that have zero clue how the majority of the FTP games operate and they are just now seeing what a FREE TO PLAY game really is. DCUO has never been a FTP game. They are advertised as such but they really have never been FTP because of the paywalls.
    • Like x 1
  19. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

That is the thing.......DCUO advertises as a FREE TO PLAY game and it is not. The only reason why I play DCUO is because of the SUB. Being a free player or premium in DCUO is total BS. I would not play this game as a premium if someone bought me all the episodes.That is how bad the free and premium paywalls suck and that is part of the reason why DCUO cannot keep players.
    Then to add the cherry on top. Their customer service is a modern art master piece. Their D- rating with the BBB proves that.

• Like x 1
  20. Harlequin Devoted Player

Please do not forget all of the things subs still have to pay for over and above their fee. That is why I quit.
    • Like x 2