DCUO: State and Direction of the Game

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Scypher6, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Butterfly Boy Committed Player

I hope their experimenting doesn't cost them too many players ;)
    • Like x 2
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

And I hope you're right. :oops:
    • Like x 1
  3. bmce84 Loyal Player

But that's just it, you have gear way over priced that you really don't need, and getting to 1 CR bellow it is so easy that gear is just style now. I honestly rather TC gear not go beyond 180, that way you still had to grind to 188 but would have enough to feel more capable of doing content.
    • Like x 2
  4. bmce84 Loyal Player

If enough money comes in, sacrificing a couple of subs is a risk they probably don't mind taking, specially since in 1 day they can make the cost of an entire year of a sub just on selling keys.
  5. Solarverse Committed Player

I just want to know why it has taken people so long to finally understand this? Was this so hard to see coming that people had to wait until it was too late to say something? I have mentioned this in the past and all people could do was defend the Devs...Posts were deleted, threads were deleted, people were shut down for protesting and then shut up...even banned. Meanwhile, the Devs are making a killing off these boxes...and people are spending money through the roof to buy them. To hell with MMOs who practice this...and I truly hope MMOs crash and burn because of this. The ONLY way we will EVER see a better age of MMO's...is if these companies who are practicing the art of ripping their customers off crash and burn and go broke. My sub ends soon since my one year sub expires in April...once that happens, you have seen the last of me unless DCUO stops with these gambling boxes and Pay to Win practices.

Protesting here does nothing...so I will protest with my wallet and social media.
    • Like x 8
  6. Scypher6 Well-Known Player

I respect your position and admire your virtue of patience, which rare nowadays. The fact is that many of us don't have the time or luxury that the game has been demanding of us. One of the things that the devs need to consider is stability and the game has been in a state of constant flux from dlc to dlc. People are generally resistant to change and so these abrupt changes are not sitting well with many of us who have become accustomed to expecting dcuo to be the kind of game that is not super-time or money consuming.

I'm all for grinding when the grind is well implemented. I loved how it was before when I finally got to T4 and it felt like being in top of the world. Our stats meant a lot then. Alas, they changed that and gave us WM and AM and now they are going back to stats mattering. I was one of those who were against those changes and here we are reverting back to the ways of old. I'm not always right but I think that I share the sentiment of many players who are tired with failed gimmicks when there are models of success out there and thus no need to reinvent the wheel. Today, I stand against the changes I'm seeing just as I did Pre-GU 36.

The culture of the game is changing and frankly as a person who has been subbing (mostly) on and off I'm losing interest in playing a game that has become more of a chore than a means of escape.
    • Like x 2
  7. Scypher6 Well-Known Player

I'm with you man. I've always been against those types of changes, always. I was against AM and WM and removing stats, and clipping, and now I'm against what can only be characterized as greedy tactics.

I'm now one foot in one foot out.
    • Like x 2
  8. stärnbock Devoted Player

correct. second week and im already bored of the daylies.
    i feel compelled to spam replays on raids more than ever.
    also forced to use keys for time capsules, only to get wothless junk anyways.
    the game feels like i would play on an automat, where i always have to insert a coin.
    with a lottery ticket sell attached to it. and yes, i pay a rent for it in addition. NOT. ANY. LONGER.
    granted: my expectations were high after 5 months of nothing new. and it could have been great like the OP said.
    but all those cash grapps maneuvers are waaay to much.
    • Like x 2
  9. Kal~el Committed Player

But here is the problem with the Monster training. Once you run it with a toon all other toons on your account are locked out! Seriously? You only get 6 fragments. Holy cow my main toon has almost 100 capsules. Why the heck cannot I not run that to get a full stabilizer? Or let all my toons run it?

How can they not have the tech to make in non replayable? They sure can lock you out of any raid/alert/duo for a day after playing it. You mean to tell me they cannot do the same for the Monster training instance?

Find that hard to believe.

I agree with the OP this is nothing but a pure money grab.
    • Like x 2
  10. Scypher6 Well-Known Player

The "lack of tech" excuse sounds like bull to me. They don't have the tech for that but they sure have the tech to give you 6 Time Capsules in 1 hour and 1 Promethium Lockbox every 6 hours. Pure cash-grab!
    • Like x 3
  11. thedemonocus Loyal Player

the OP hit the nail on the head ,i had such high hopes for the new ceo and thought the game was finally going to be the great game it could be but no just more cash grabs and pay2win garbage ,pretty much all the cons the OP listed are the reason i stopped playing ,i still have time on my sub but all i do is log in to the monster training event and the vault and log out ,i have been completely turned off to this game ,i barley even post on here anymore,just had to respond to this when i saw it because the OP was so dead on

this used to be my favourite game and it was sad to watch it go so far down hill ,i had quit before because the monthly burned me out and i only gave the game another chance because of the new ceo and going back to 3 month dlc etc. but i see i wasted my time ,my only regret now is that i had reupped for 3 more months just before the new dlc dropped so now i'm stuck with a sub i'm not using till jan 17

i can say this for sure ,i'm out of chances to give this game and won't be returning
    • Like x 5
  12. Scypher6 Well-Known Player

It's sad the direction the game is going. I'm really close to deleting the game myself, for good.
    • Like x 2
  13. BumblingB I got better.

I'm still salty about this one. Instead of trying to fix it they made it worse and turned around and abandoned it to make more money. Yes as legendary you can get stabilizers sooner but it really was a VERY "kind" gesture. (Intentional self censoring.)
    • Like x 3
  14. Kuno Loyal Player

New hairstyles in MP? I must have missed those and that would weird.
    Are you sure you not refering to the Amazon hairstyles pack that launched this past summer (of Wonder)? Not AF3.
  15. Ully Committed Player

I feel as though the "Stats Matter" initiative will be the turning point on whether the game survives or fades. The Devs have fumbled too many things. The constant flip-flop, questionable updates, reoccurring bugs/glitches, miscommunication between the Devs and the community and just the general feeling of discontent the community has over gear progression, RB usage , RNG and more recently, the execution of Time Capsules.

Our community has suggested so many great ideas on how to improve the game. However, our ideas mostly fall on deaf ears and when they're implemented, it's always on the extreme spectrum. If the "Stats Matter" update is mishandled, then I fear for the future of our beloved game.
    • Like x 9
  16. Fies Committed Player

At this point Im not to sure how much more players/subs they can sacrifice. Census numbers are just low and this DLC is bs compared to AFII. Ever since this game got worse (with few exceptions) and a good opportunity was missed yet again.
    • Like x 2
  17. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

I've already quit, I'll be back for the revamp but after that I'm gone for good, I've sacrificed so much to play this game and it just disappoints me.
    • Like x 3
  18. C0de Well-Known Player

Finally someone that gets it! Been saying the same thing for years but it seems people just wanna look the other way. People usually don't see smoke until its too late unfortunately
    • Like x 2
  19. Scypher6 Well-Known Player

As you can from the title, my criticism is of some of the recent changes that they've done, including AF3. I wanted to say that the game seems to be going in the wrong direction overall.
  20. Scypher6 Well-Known Player

Yeah me too. If they manage to mess stats matter, then that would be the last straw for me. Even if they get it right, they still need to rollback some of the changes they've implemented recently, like the pay 2 Win Capsules and the ridiculous cost of vendor gear.