why do players move away and back to me during fights?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by DCUODPS, Nov 17, 2016.

1. DCUODPS Active Player

Hello everyone,

I'm not well informed and still learning the game... my question as stated in the title, why do players roll or lunge away from me and than back to me during pvp fights? I have noticed unless if I'm mistaken that when they do it they seem immune to my attacks, I have tried doing it but doesn't seem to work with me not to mention it doesn't feel right/fair. what are they doing? is it a fair move?
  2. NoPhilosophy Committed Player

It's a roll, and it is fair. You can also lunge away which is fair.
  3. AccelT Well-Known Player

Because that way the moment their block starts for the roll you'll be lured to use a Block Breaker, which will fail most of the time, and by the time their roll ends you'll most likely still be Vulnerable to Interrupt (because of the Block Breaker) and they'll lunge back at you with an Interrupt.
    • Like x 5
  4. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

It's not really enough information to go on. You're suspecting foul play, but it could be as simple as they thought you were going to land a short-range hit. In Legends, for instance, Saint Walker's powers are practically non-effective unless you're spitting distance. What I see more often is that someone will block, then roll, trying to trick me into throwing a block-breaker. The counter-window for block-breakers, especially with certain weapons, is a long time.
  5. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

6. Soul Dedicated Player

It doesn't feel right because it isn't right.. looks nothing like a fight between heroes and villains, more like a comedy show of lunging and rolling. It is however, very much fair play.
    It wasn't always that way but with the integration of adjusted counter windows and the immunity system it became part of the Meta of PvP.

If you want to get better you'll have to pick up on it.
    • Like x 2
  7. Ringz Dedicated Player

Cause devs have no interest in pvp atm :rolleyes:
    • Like x 4
  8. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

It hasn't always been the way it is, but like ringz said, it's mainly because the devs have zero interest in pvp. Broken or overly abused powers and moves stay in pvp way to long. Has been that way from the beginning and not changing anytime soon.
  9. DCUODPS Active Player

recommendations on how to best prevent them from doing it and/or what is my best move if I see them doing it? also where can I learn more about the counter window and immunity system?
  10. OmniDevil Well-Known Player

Videos on the YouTubes is all I can recommend.

Either way, it probably won't matter much, in the end. People have figured out how to do their Block Breaker/Interrupt clipped together to appear to be almost seamlessly at the same time, that it's near impossible to counter. At least that's how it is in Legends PvP. Queued up for a match last night for some quick points to finish a style. Literally all the enemy players did was spammed their normal melee attacks. Yet, if you tried to block, your block was broken, yet they never stopped their normal melee attack spamming.

As @Ringz said, Devs don't care about PvP. Haven't for a long time...
    • Like x 1
  11. Tsigalko Well-Known Player

i'd stay away from youtube. most of youtubers/streamers are just a mediocre players trying to "expose" each other, or complaining about something that was never a real issue to begin with. maybe there are few decent players with a youtube account but they are not popular enough to be at the top of your search result so you most likely won't find them. and even if u do find them i don't think they made any vids explaining the details of pvp mechanics that will help u to have a better/detailed understanding about pvp.

the best teacher in pvp is experience. learn the basic and play a lot. simple as that.
    • Like x 1
  12. Vengeance Level 30

13. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

It's fixed.

If they fix pvp soon, not because they want to, but because they have to.
  14. Swiftduck Loyal Player

i had someone doing this to me in an arena yesterday.

He kept jumping back and forth and i couldnt hit him even while locked on.

He still lost but it was odd that i couldnt hit him while he was lunging back and forth
    • Like x 1
  15. DCUODPS Active Player

I'm glad that I'm not the only one, it seems like is an exploit a glitch used by these players to take the upper hand on battle, and it doesn't feel right to me is cheating and something that needs to be looked at and fixed if broken. when they either lunge or roll back and forth is like they become immune to attacks for a short time.
  16. bagofboom Committed Player

None of this matters to me.....
    I suck at pvp regardless of the circumstances...
    Maybe if they fixed it I'd....nope.....I'd still be garbage.
    Secure enough to admit, but still sad about it.
    :D:p
  17. Risadas New Player

this is unfortunatly true for the past 4 years now