Why I dislike the new gear system...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by VV, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

This stupid issue is because of the previous different item levels from previous episodes. So this one time around you need to replace pieces in the same order so it evens out again. But the pattern hasn't really changed, replace the lowest pieces first.
    • Like x 1
  2. AccelT Well-Known Player

NO. THIS is ridiculous because the OP went through some of the Testing Feedback threads of the EP where gear system was debated. He even tested some of the content on the Test Server. I doubt this was meant as a serious post anyway but maybe a few will find some posts very useful.
    • Like x 1
  3. DCUO Addict Committed Player

And it should have come with instructions. :) (Nope, not sarcasm - I really think that it would work better and be better received if there was some explanation, especially in game.)
    • Like x 1
  4. SheerFaith Committed Player

Srsly this is the most stupid system i have ever seem..
    So only english speaking ppl can understand whats going on in this game..
    I want a german disscussion thread where not english speaking ppl can discuss and ask how all this new stuff works..
    • Like x 2
  5. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

• Like x 2
  6. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

Or....
    Or...

Each piece aids in progression, but not all at the same time. It's not a work around, it's how it was intended for you to do it.
    • Like x 2
  7. JasonIsley Devoted Player

I'm not a fan of the new progression. It's too confusing for some. It needs to be either scrapped for next DLC or there needs to be some sort of middle ground to simplify it. Maybe have the greens and/or blues a static item level, the purples can attune to your CR or vice versa?
  8. it_was_Friday Dedicated Player

Or not.
  9. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

But the issue won't be the same next dlc. There won't be a 6 item level difference between pieces of the same set like we have no.

10. JasonIsley Devoted Player

What makes you say that?
  11. AccelT Well-Known Player

I think he meant the gear (the purple gear) we got from vendor and drops during the monthly episodes.
  12. JasonIsley Devoted Player

13. inferno Loyal Player

I love it. Now there's strategy behind the gear. Should you attune it now? Wait, until you get the green piece to slightly raise your CR before you activate your Blues? It's a fun mini-game.
  14. Joybird Committed Player

I do wish, though, that the boxes would tell us what level they would attune to.
  15. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

This:

is a better solution that scrapping it or putting in fixed item level pieces.
    • Like x 1
  16. mtanasas Well-Known Player

17. Ichiro Loyal Player

I have yet to attune any pieces of gear, just have them all stored in inventory right now. I really don't see the point of the incremental progression. It is still the same trash gear that loses your mods and only moves you up in small increments. I am just going to hold on to everything until my inventory is full, then start attuning and maybe even have a few vendor pieces bought by then.
  18. JasonIsley Devoted Player

^^^ I support this 100% ^^^
  19. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

That's one strategy, and depending on your role a good one. As a healer or troll the added restore or vit from fully modded purple gear from before outweighs the slight cr increase. But as a tank or dps, the cr differential with betas for crits is more beneficial than the mods

• Like x 1
  20. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

not just German but all languages so anyone not good at English can go to the correct forum and get answers in their native tongue. With o hassles or misunderstandings.