Anyone know how to....

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by bagofboom, Oct 19, 2016.

1. bagofboom Committed Player

Find the old videos on YouTube?

Like, I want to watch some OG DCUO vids from before '13 and the like.
    I want to see vids from when "those people" say things like "I done been doin' this since Beta" or the Nostalgiaists that think things were so much better way back when. :) I'm not saying any of those types of people are wrong, not at all, I just want to SEE it.

When I type in DCUO related stuff I get the option box that says added or uploaded "today, this week, this month, anytime" (something like that) but it's never or VERY rarely anything from before GU47(ish).
    Anyway, way too long of a post for a simple question, my apologies.

Anyone know how?

Thanks Forumites!!
  2. TheOtherTed Active Player

There might be an indirect way via Google... Click "Search Tools" to bring up two drop-down menus called "Any time" and "All results." Under "Any time," look for "Custom range" and set it however you want (e.g., from 1/1/2011 to 12/31/2013 or whatever).
  3. bagofboom Committed Player

I'm gonna try this...brb......
  4. RapidRay Committed Player

Here's how we used to trap Doomsday under the stairs in the barn way back when...
  5. bagofboom Committed Player

VERY VERY COOL!!
    I'd love to find more of these types of vids.
    This is the kind of thing I'm looking for. It's so awesome how instances used to be a REAL battle. No Tank 'n Spank, no multiple DPS and a Healer. Just a fight to the death. I miss this stuff.
    I recently made a thread about running Desecrated Cathedral at level with some new(ish) players, in the Alert it started poorly but I talked them through it and after about 40 minutes we completed it. It was just like your vid; a fun struggle!! It was the most fun I'd had in DCUO in quite awhile.
    I'd love to find more vids like yours on YouTube or if people would post them here.
    I still can't figure out how to locate them on YouTube (or these Forums if they exist). I tried the method recommended above but to no avail.
    I'm not giving up though, until we get back to those days I'll just have to rely on my Alts and customized playthroughs and by watching vids (when possible) to enjoy that feeling again.
    Thanks for the post!!
  6. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Making it harder than it is, lady doom took way to long , to many colas used in all fights , belongs on wall of shame lol
  7. bagofboom Committed Player

Debatable. But you're probably right. :D
    I DO like the fact that it was an old school vid and THAT was exactly what I was looking for.
    How about you? Are you able to get YouTube all the way out there in Idaho?
    Or is that a dead zone? ;)
  8. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Only thing dead here are the comments from outer towners,
    I have internet, or I wouldn't be seeing said comment's, n if I have internet that pretty much means I have YouTube :p
    • Like x 1
  9. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Occams Razor.
    It honestly amazes me that in todays society people overlook the obvious when searching for things online. You LITERALLY just type what you're looking for.

Go to Youtube search bar and type "DCUO 2012" or "DCUO 2013" etc.
    Or, go to Google, Type the same into the search bar, look up, notice the "Videos" category, and press it.
  10. bagofboom Committed Player

It honestly amazes me that people just assume they know everything.
    For clarification, I've tried the suggestions you've made and the one from above. It just doesn't give me the options. Maybe it's my tablet or the fact that it's the mobile version, I don't know. But all I get the options for (regardless of what I type in) are up to and including "posted: anytime, today, this week, this month".
    Period.
    Did you think I picked up this magical witch craft device from the future and shouted into it like a Neanderthal and since I didn't get what I wanted I thought I'd turn here? Nope, I've tried...for quite awhile actually... to figure it out and aside from the random vid on occasion, nothing has worked.
    This was kind of just a shot in the dark to see what the masses thought.
    Probably where you got confused, I said "masses"....not "*****"....
    :mad:
    Occams Razor....lol.....:rolleyes:
  11. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Dcuo YouTube 2011

Works for me,
  12. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

See this is where it gets embarrassing, because im on a tablet, and i tried it on both the Youtube app and on the browser ( Mobile and Desktop versions) right before I posted that reply, and all three worked. So yeah, go and actually try it this time instead of wasting my time with mindless dribble just because you feel silly for overlooking the absolute obvious. (Looks like its worked for 2 ppl now btw)
  13. bagofboom Committed Player

Did you try it on a Kindle Fire 10? I've tried it. Only gives me ones when the year is in the title. After that it just started to be the random stuff I always get.
    I don't know.
    I'll get to them or I won't.
    No biggie.
  14. bagofboom Committed Player

TRIED IT!!!
    Just like I said to Montazuma.
    Can't get it.
    Don't care anymore.
  15. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Yeah saw that reply. Makes less sense than anything else you've said so far. You've been given 3 different options that work on 100% of tablets in existence on Earth. Up to you to spot the big mistake you're making from here.
  16. RapidRay Committed Player

For the record...
    I found that video by doing a Youtube search for "Doomsday stair glitch 2011".

There have been several glitches over the years captured on Youtube, but you kind of have to know what they were common called by the community.

Some of the more well known ones...
    Keeping movement fighting Brother Eye in Inner Batcave.
    Fighting the Avatar of Meta in FOS2 from under the map.
    Earning marks/feats from T4 open world bosses without cuing. (They've all been moved indoors since then.)
    Getting the Smallville speed feat by just showing up (that went away quick)
    Teleporting an 8 person group into Arkham, Strykers and Ace Chemical alerts.

Search some of these terms or variations on them from 2011-2013 and you may find the videos.
    • Like x 1
  17. bagofboom Committed Player

Just to update my situation regarding the thread.
    I figured out how to do it. Pretty much what Telos said (even though he wasn't very nice about ito_O). I think the issue is with my Kindle for whatever reason. If I type in "DCUO blah blah 2013" I get vids but only if the year is in the title. Don't know why or how, don't really care anymore, just is what it is.
    However, after stealing my wife's laptop, it works on there every time. Broke down and used some data on my phone (we all have a shared plan so I let my wife and kids use it, I never ever touch it) and lo and behold it works there every time as well.
    Thanks to everyone who helped, yes, even you Telos. I just won't use the Kindle when I want to view the old vids.