What's keeping you here?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by lokithoz, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Only *good* superhero mmo, 14 or 15 different powersets to play with, new beautiful DLC that is being released tomorrow, fighting mechanics (best I've experienced), being able to fly (+for free, no mounts), super speed etc. It's true that there are several things they could fix but they're getting there, I've put my faith in them one last time.
    • Like x 1
  2. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

3 things keep me here:

1) The DC Comics license. I love DC Comics, so regardless of how good or bad the game is, having the DC license keeps me interested.

2) MMORPG as a concept. I first discovered MMORPGs back in 2009 when I tried out WOW. I liked it a lot but never enough to consider myself a fan or even a decent player. When I discovered that the MMORPG concept was going to have a DC Comics skin on it, I was immediately intrigued. So the idea of making my own superhero/villain in a vibrant, live, ever-changing world keeps me interested in playing long term.

3) Friends. I play from within a league bubble. If I want to run a raid, I can usually find 8 other league mates to run it with. No PUGs for me. That comfort combined with the social aspects of having friends and enjoying a good laugh keep me interested.

Another big reason why I've decided to remain for the long term in DCUO is because of my YouTube channel. What started out as an interest has evolved into a hobby. I enjoy making and editing videos. I like it when people enjoy the stuff I've made and I'm always trying to improve my skills so that I can produce better videos.

However, the biggest reason I haven't quit yet is because the game has gone back to the best gear in vendor progression system. You can make the biggest episode packs in the most stunning environments, with a massive range of characters in fun, exciting content all you want. Without a good rewards structure, none of that is relevant. The game has been piss poor for the last 3 years because of the developers trying to force a square peg through a round hole with a disengaging, broken and annoying RNG based progression system. The fact that the developers have come to their senses and got rid of the RNG ******** is enough to keep me amused for the long term.
    • Like x 4
  3. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

[IMG] :p :rolleyes: :oops:
    some days, i might do the vault, capsule event, and logout. Others days, i might do the three Battle for Earth Duos upon stepping of the door of my hideout and walking into their Gotham entrances.
    ...Looks like new content incoming. I might try it.

[IMG]
  4. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Knocking Sorcery healers out of the air in PvP has become new addiction.
    • Like x 1
  5. Ob4maCare Active Player

Ehhh only game I like to play tbh
    • Like x 1
  6. Here2Help Devoted Player

League, friends and popping any new and challenging feats.
    • Like x 2
  7. soundfusion New Player

The game is fun tbh. I play this along with SWTOR, and for 30 euros/month they both offer everything I like, superheroes and Republic troopers:)
    Both are very similar and build around a good western gaming concept, not like some Asian mindless grinding games, which besides some eye candy graphics, have nothing to offer on long runs.
  8. Tilz Loyal Player

What Crit Here2Help said.
    Just hanging out with friends/leaguemates and having some fun.
    • Like x 1
  9. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Nothing!

Bye all! :)
    • Like x 3
  10. PsianideUK Well-Known Player

I'm here because City of Heroes died...
  11. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I lost my keys in the funhouse.
    • Like x 2
  12. Korvyne Committed Player

The hope that it will be great again, for me T4 and early T5 were when the game was great, I'm sure it can be again. Its a unique game with easily the best battle system, expand that to the max is the way to go.
  13. Morally Upright Well-Known Player

Something like this is the ulterior motive of the seemingly amazing 12-month subscription deal that hit right before a lot of the announcements a few months ago.

First, DB gets a quick influx of revenue to make short term and sub numbers look rosier. Next, it preemptively locks in a portion of the playerbase that may have otherwise bailed after some unflattering announcements regarding future plans. Then, I'm sure some actuaries crunched the numbers on figuring the +EV of just how many people would forget to cancel their sub or modify their plan once the 12-month period was over. Why? Because it autorenews at the non-promo rate.

Can't really blame DB though, it's sound and shrewd "business".
    • Like x 1
  14. Lantern Azure Black Committed Player

Yeah, I agree with #3. DCUO's character customization gives us so much FREEDOM!!!

It may seem like a small thing...but CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION is a HUGE thing for me when it comes to video games. It's like one of the big reasons why I play DCUO more than Neverwinter and Onigiri. LOL! I used to play wrestling games a LOT just because of character customization...going to start again soon. I absolutely LOVE my characters. I hardly ever play Legends because I'm so attached to MY characters. XD

I'm still waiting for certain styles to come to the game as well...like customizable Power Rings and a Lantern/Light Material....also the Teen Titan Starfire's hairstyle, Carol Ferris, and Fatality's hairstyles. Just LONG HAIR...anime hair. ANYWAY! LOL! There's just SOOOO many styles I want to see available to players that we don't have yet. I guess I'm just sorta...waiting? LOL!

It also helps that I like DC Comics...well, I like comics in general, but DC Comics has sorta been my go to.

I've also met some really cool people in this game. (^_^)
  15. Wildcat Committed Player

hope for new legends characters and stories
    • Like x 1
  16. Lantern Azure Black Committed Player

W.O.W. was technically my FIRST MMO, but I literally...and I mean LITERALLY played it for like one hour and said,"Nope...boring."

Then about six months later...November 2011...my brother told me DC Comics had an MMO. DC Universe Online was the very first MMO I dedicated my time to playing because well...I LOVE DC Comics. It also helped that it felt less boring than W.O.W. As I kept playing, it got better and better within that one hour window I dedicated to it. LOL!
    • Like x 1
  17. Microwave Well-Known Player

to Wallachia that shouldn't be happening anymore they finally worked it out I think.

Why do I stay though?
    This game is FUN af! That's why. I'm addicted LOL
    It seemed a little bit slow a few weeks ago but otherwise has been picking back up.

The only thing that can kill this game is if people continue to complain about it and leave.
    I understand if people get tired of something of course, but if you're going to quit, do it because of what you don't like about the game right now and not what you THINK the game might be like in the future.

You might be surprised and find the changes to be even more fun. That's what I'm hoping for anyway!
  18. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

I'm on the same boat as you, only staying tied to this game through the forums. I've been unsubbed from the game for almost 9 months now due to just losing all tolerance upon the poor delivery of content and hating the numerous unnecessary changes that ruined this game. You'd figure after almost 6 years that DCUO would be so much more than what it is at this time; it's a huge disappointment. AF3 won't bring me back, I feel like they should've introduced a new storyline that helps to reinvigorate the game after having to go through that content drought. Yet, I am considering renewing my sub for just 1 month once the stats revamp hits with the hopes that the DCUO staff finally did something right for once. Even if I do act upon it, I know it's going to take a lot more than that to keep me around. DCUO needs a full turn around, bottom line.
    • Like x 1
  19. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

It's a leading question that assumes we have a reason for leaving, some other place to go, and that our original reason for playing is gone.
    A better question to ask was why do people play the game. That question has been asked, constructively, in other threads.
  20. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Moment like this when i w8 for new content / update with hope it will be fun .
    I also w8 for stat revamp who knows how long :)
    Oh and most importand i already paid for next year that keeping me here for sure .