Introducing: Amazon Time Capsule

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Dexella, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Proxystar #Perception

It'll probably save us both some time, let's just agree to wing it.
    • Like x 1
  2. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

You really do not get it and I am done talking.

Go ahead and rage quit now because you know as well as I do. It is not changing anytime SOON (tm)...
  3. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Proxy won't rage quit, he's the type of person that needs to have the last word so will just keep replying until you quit. Spare your energy.
    • Like x 1
  4. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Shhhhh
    • Like x 1
  6. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

IKR.... hehehehehe
    I have been around too long and know better.. My fingers were crossed though

DCUO has always been a pay to so called win game.

The one thing that I have never really liked about DCUO.

DCUO is advertised as a Free to Play game and it has never been Free to Play.
    In Free to Play games you can access the entire game and all of the content for free.

The 1500 & 2000 cash caps are the completely against any notion of being Free to Play.
    Unlimited cash for subs or pay by the week....costs real cash
    Then to open the main frame.... costs real cash....
    Tool belt.....real cash
    replay badges....real cash
    Then to play past CR 80 or so, you have to pay real cash.....
    There has always been a pay barrier.

Also.....:eek:
    If you have been paying sub or bought any these things that I listed and you are here complaining about the TC. You need to shut your whineres off because you have been Paying to Win for a loooooong time.
    :eek:
    This last summer with open episodes & these Time Capsules are the closest that DCUO has ever been to a real Free to Play game.

Anyone that is saying these time capsules are pay to win has zero knowledge of how Free to Play & Pay to Win games operate.
    These guys have been playing a Pay to Win game for years and they had no idea. LOL
    Because of the pay walls set in place DCUO has always been a so called pay to win.

They are just angry because the game is changing to a real FTP game.
    • Like x 1
  7. YinChakra Dedicated Player

Uhh ok. Guess the material's not for me.
  8. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

I haven't been playing much lately. Took a mini break with the lull in content and being maxed out. I come back and read up on the new DLC and vendor gear and all that grind and that sounds all well and good. Then I read about the new time capsules. L. Oh. L. Did me and proxy not warn you people about this. It is so amusing to me reading all these posters so avidly trying to defend how this game hasn't become pay to win as opposed to pay 2 play or whatever you have it. Its become p2w. I don't care if you can acquire these things in game. Just use your brain for a second and stop being such a fanboy of this game that you have blinders on. We get it, its a business. Thats always your go to. Its not a charity. There are lines. You let them cross them. They will keep stepping over that line over and over until you draw another one. I severely distain the direction this game is going and it might be time for a break.
    • Like x 1
  9. MrGT Well-Known Player

Coming from someone who can not bring himself to turn the game on for a long time now (hopefully new DLC will help out with that) and someone who does not approve of P2W, so I'm not defending anyone. I do not believe this is P2W but what I believe they are angling at is Pay to Progress faster. So take your time and grind or pay up depends on your playing habit and your financial means. But hey is that not what Replay badges have been for some time?
    • Like x 1
  10. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Lol im gonna get everything from these capsules but the armor isnt very iconic....hardly anyone knew what they where talking about in the first place about it...kinda disappointed...personally hate the crafting to get the special emblems and gear tbh...only things that really appeal to me are the Hades Crown, Mist Aura, and the material. It wont surprise me if more players are opening capsules and buying items off the broker on the first day instead of running the new content. Just finding this all to be ironic and quite hilarious. XD
  11. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

The force is strong with your editing skills.
    • Like x 1
  12. Zneeak Devoted Player

I find it quite hilarious how some of the most awesome styles related to AF-Content ended up in a new Time Capsule instead of the highly anticipated AF3, the final DLC of probably the most popular trilogy we've had. :rolleyes: GG Devs, GG.

Now I don't even have to play the duo, let me just SHAZAM with my credit card and i'll be almost max CR before even getting started on the new dailies thanks to the Time Capsule gear :D It's just so awesome. So.... Awesome........
  13. Derio 15000 Post Club

Still waiting for the art team to put Blue lantern flash misted aura in the capsules. Oh well, maybe next time.
    • Like x 1
  14. XPerfectX Well-Known Player

#Mepps and Daybreak I'm really disapointed by the new TC. We have a lot of content about amazons with the three parts of amazon fury and when you have the chance to do something different in terms of styles and stuff to give us some fresh air, you give us amazon related TC!? Is that a joke? I think all the threads created to have our thoughts about what we want in game are craps, they're here just to give us illusion about our part in the way DCUO take! The Godfall gear should be in the TC instead of an inspired Artemis's outfit because it's not related to amazon and by the way all the things in the TC have to be implemented in the new DLC. I feel screwed by the Daybreak team! You don't care about what we want and it's sad to see! I won't congrats you for that!
  15. VV Dedicated Player

WAHAHAHAHHAHA
    I spit my water.
  16. BigBossyXD New Player

So people are back to complaining about new items. This is why we can't have nice things. Instead of utilizing the help of leagues, friends and the Sucide instance you people complain about it being p2w.

Whiners, ruins games.
    • Like x 3
  17. Fies Committed Player

Could somewhat agree until reading that last sentence :)
    Sub/BuyToPlay isnt going anywhere. Im not surprised or overly pissed about their TCs and the (imo) dissapointing new progression system. They dont really have a choice since the population of this game is just to low. The XBone fiasco showed that this game neither attracts nor retains new players anymore which is actually quite sad. As a consequence the few remaining players will have to pay more / get less (or both).
    Im ok with them putting styles (the new mat is amazing) into these capsules since they most likely wouldnt generate enough revenue otherwise. Gear/Mods/(SP) in there imo went to far and killed the last bit of integrity.
    Since I dont see this (or anyhing) to ever get better again this game isnt for me anymore.
    • Like x 1
  18. Anothername Well-Known Player

The styles look nice; the emblems... well... could be situational nice. Have a char which I added ties to an old greek god so might be something in.

But besides that: These are lockbox items that grand feats; (=power). I would lie if I would say I'm not disgusted by shenenigans like that on top of a sub and seriously ponder on cancelling because of that (not that my few monthly bucks matter much). It would be half as bothersome if they where available forever but making these additional feats artificial scarce is a low move.
  19. VV Dedicated Player

*pets doggo*
  20. Avalancheous New Player

Phoenix Material. Can you change the orange color or is it fixed?