Water Vs. White Lantern (Hero)/Black Lantern (Villain)

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by LighTning Emperor, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Yeah so its time for a bit of clean up here cause theres a VAST amount of misinformation being spread.

1) Seeing more Lantern Healer requests than Water.
    Well...... yeah, you would. Water is coming. Its confirmed. Im surprised you see ANY water request threads at all considering we've known its coming a long long time.

2) Should be able to change the colour of your ring and power.
    So this will never happen. It doesnt fit the lore. Each lantern faction that use constructs have very individual versions of them that wouldnt look right in other colours. And theres 2 factions that dont use constructs at all. I'll let you's figure out which 2.

3) White and Black lantern powers.
    Lets pretend that these havent already been confirmed as never getting made. Making these and having them be as powerful as a guy with guns or a girl with gadgets would be an absolute insult to the lore. The White Light created life, literally all life, in the DC Universe. Apart from DCs version of God, its the most powerful source in the universe. Period. And Black only reanimates and controls the dead. Thats 1-3 powers in a standard 24 power tree. That would be silly.
  2. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

The OP powers are definitely more popular. But quantum is still pretty high on the list and it has had bad DPS for a long time now. Rage is behind everything except electric. Light is behind everything except fire, nature, rage, and electric. It is behind celestial which I say is kind of comparable in DPS and is also a combo power.

I'm just saying, the argument is always on the forums that there are all these people that want to play more lantern powers. But when you go to the census, the lantern powers tend to lag even compared to other similar powers in popularity. So is there really that much motivation for them to make more lantern powers when people aren't playing the lantern powers that are already in the game?
  3. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Sorry but the person who's name that shall not be spoken is no longer here in an active role and TBH I'm glad.

If you look at some of the WOL the instances the programming and graphics are there. They just have to be implemented.
  4. Princess Zero Well-Known Player

As I understand it water is confirmed by dev. I could see white/black lantern in legends, but not as a regular power set.
  5. MariaTenebre Committed Player

Well they did say that White/Black as a Healer power wouldn't be coming because how OP they are. Now as for me I wouldn't mind making a White Lantern for a Lantern Healer power. I would be fine with most things provided the power is not Indigo because they just do not interest me and I wouldn't make another Lantern character if the power is Indigo. The power I would prefer is Star Sapphire aka Violet Light aka Love. It should be released for both factions and for both genders and men should finally get male Star Sapphire iconic armor. Either give Heart of the Predator a male spot and variant or make something akin to John Stewart's Star Sapphire outfit. I also would be fine with either Blue Light or Hope as a hero exclusive power or make a Blue/Orange split. I know there is the issue of Larfleeze being the only Orange Lantern however Lex Luthor was able to steal a ring. So if you are creative you could do something with it. Maybe do something along the lines that Lex Luthor steals not just one rings but many rings from Larfleeze and gives rings to villains under him as a way of trying to usurp Larfleeze. Of course I think it wouldn't succeed but there is some precedence for this. Guy Gardner when he became a Red Lantern lead his own heroic Red Lantern rebellion against Atrocitus and he was actually successful.