Blue Lantern / Pink Lantern

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by TheOlaade, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Arcee Active Player

If they do Blue Lantern one day i wanna see a Supercharge that gives your team construct armour like a Megazord powerup :)
    • Like x 1
  2. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

It is the system itself as a whole. The PS3 is at the limitations right now.

At SOE 2014 it was even stated the in order to make three new powers they had to make room on the PS3 just to be able to start developing the three new powers that were suppose to come out within 12 months. Those powers were Munitions, Atomic & Serums. It has been over 2 years and we are still waiting on the third power which was changed from Serums to Water.

Now, Water power has been pushed back until after stats, battle calculations, damage, weapons etc revamp. Why??? I can only assume that the revamp is needed to consolidate resources so that the PS3 can use Water power without totally crashing that platform.

Try downloading and playing DCUO with a PC that has a Pentium 1 chip ( 60 Mhz ) & 500 MB of RAM.
    You will log in and not be able to move...... LOL your computer might actually lock up/ black screen ( LOADING ). That is what exactly would happen to the PS3 if DCUO adds to much to the game.
  3. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

I don't believe PS3 is the cause of the wait.. I believe they want to correct the powers first before release another power and adding another unbalanced power to the mix. I truly believe they want to correct the wrongs of the past, before releasing the one power people have asked for as long as I have been playing (3.5 years).

I'm not understanding make room on the PS3 comment. The size of the game is copied to your PS HardDrive.
  4. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Read my comment again I added to it. Think of it as trying to drive a bus that has a Volkswagen beetle 4 cylinder engine through the mountains. That engine would get to the point that it would not be able to move that bus because its to big and the mountains are too steep. Same thing happens with game systems & computers. They get to the point where they are not capable enough to move the work load.

[IMG]
    Here is the PS3 with each update. Every new item added to the game is a new bag that weighs even more. Eventually its gonna bite the dust because there is too much to carry.
  5. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

Thanks, understand as I have worked in IT for close to 20 years about the limitations of a device. ( Man, I'm old!) I guess I would have to know what the size is of adding a power to the game before I can test your theory.
  6. stärnbock Devoted Player

Water is using in one tree (not sure if the information is still accurate) "hard water constructs". You could take water and pretend to be a blue lantern (given that the power uses blue as color pattern), or take sorcery on the villain side to mimic a star saphire. Mental goes both sides... Use your imagination! Make your character looking like corps members with auras and emblems. I would realy like to use love as dps, i think nothing can hurt more than a broken heart can. But: since its not in the game, we players have to use what is given... Also: i see hope more as a troll power. Therefore, you could use quantum. Funny thing is: Quantum on the other hand looks a lot like water, i have a quantum villain (equippet with water skin and blue nimbus/solar aura) to mimic a water troll, because i think water should be a troll power aswell ^^
  7. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Go back and find SOE 2014 on youtube. It will come out of Spytles mouth about the PS3.
  8. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

LOL

I mentioned the pent 1....... I could have said 56k modem too. XD

ohhh the old days

9. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

No.. and you can't make me. He whose name we do not speak left the game!
  10. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

I recall this more..
  11. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Just a weensy correction. Water has not been promised for five years. In fact for a long long time they basically told us there wouldn't be a Water power because they didn't feel like they could visually represent it properly. It was only summer of 2015 that they changed their mind (publicly) and let us know that they would be making Water.
  12. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Not really. The stats revamp should not, in theory, have any bearing on how much memory is used up. One of the issues with PS3 is it's small amount of RAM. When they say they are "freeing up resources" that usually means actual animations in the game are being removed.

Water has to wait for the stats revamp probably because as a power set itself it has not been built with the CR differential or any AMs incorporated into how the power set works. If they released Water now, without an AM, it would be a complete and utter failure. They have to wait until the stats revamp is out because that will remove all AMs from the game, which will make Water viable in comparison to other powers.
  13. Lantern Azure Black Committed Player

I gotta admit...when someone calls my VIOLET Corps "pink"...I tend to well up with RAGE!!

When I see someone wearing my Corps' Emblem with a "pink" aura...I turn a little Crimson, too. LOL!!
    • Like x 2
  14. MariaTenebre Committed Player

They do make stuff up though for instance in Amazon Fury Athena and Hecate both are different from how they appear in the comics.

Except the Indigo Tribe is mainly heroic and once the Indigo Ring hits you, you are flooded with Compassion making you heroic just like when the Black Ring hits you, you become a death obsessed zombie whose only goal is to bring an end to all life making you a villain. Star Sapphire would make the best power for both factions and genders.

However on the PS3 limitations I do hope they eventually cut support for the PS3 and focus on the PS4 that way we will be able to cut the dead weight and get new powers etc.
  15. LIEUTENANT MARVEL Well-Known Player

Wait, how do guys become pink lanterns? I can't find a male pink lantern anywhere on the web yet. :D
  16. MariaTenebre Committed Player

Well first of all the color is Violet and there have been males wielding Violet Light such as Guy Gardner, Kyle Rayner, Krona, Superman Prime, Abraham Pointe and most recently John Stewart.
  17. LIEUTENANT MARVEL Well-Known Player

This pink lantern title is misleading and amusing at the same time. Face palm.
  18. krytine Loyal Player

In 2011 it was asked about and said that it would be a power
  19. Jafin 10000 Post Club

It was? Do you have a source for this? Been here since day one and this is the first I'm hearing of it.
  20. krytine Loyal Player

f
    Been here myself since before hard light came out it was talked about by the devs before earth came out and before the shield so yeah it was if you don't conical everything I don't glare it was that long ago deal with it and move on I have said my piece on this. It doesn't matter if you don't believe it or if you are the type that has to be hand feed info